Everything posted by MantisMan
-
You Know It's the Off Season When...
Me and the wife have our passes in my home safe. Lol...not sure why. I do miss it in my wallet.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
LOL
-
Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!
In my line of work that seems like a HUGE gap but that's about what I figured. Even at that, it's a wonder the cumulative error wouldn't bite them in the end......truly a fascinating feat.
-
Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!
After watching more than my share of coaster constructions I've begun to wonder the machining/fabricating tolerances. Example - What would be the accepted clearance on both ends of this final piece for Fury 325??
-
Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!
Not sure if anybody noticed but the final piece was set in place yesterday just to be removed a short time later. I assume it was a test fitment prior to Friday and the official completion with media present.
-
Defunct themeparks
http://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-abandoned-wonderland-photos-2013-5
-
You Know It's the Off Season When...
Welcome the KIC. Gold regular renewal - $99.00 Linky - https://www.visitkingsisland.com/ticket-category/Season-Passes
-
Coasterstock at Kings Island
https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-promotions/Coasterstock-at-Kings-Island
-
An Interesting Idea
There are other areas.....you not knowing this is a good indication of their proper placement.
-
King Less Island
Mmmmm.....cheese. You know you love it.
-
King Less Island
Kings - Kings Mills Island - Coney Island Name was chosen via a public contest in late 1970.
-
An Interesting Idea
Hmmmm.....maybe I missed something last time I was there. All I remember is a non-working fountain, ashtrays and a couple benches. I'll have to look more closely on my next visit for the beautiful trees and scenery.
-
An Interesting Idea
Are you talking about Tower Gardens at Kings Island??
-
2015 at Coney Island:
Congrats!
-
You Know It's the Off Season When...
Building a shadow box to display my amusement park memorabilia. Lol....if the season doesn't start soon I'll be knitting hats next.
-
Week XI: Coaster Clubs
GOCC I can easily say that of all the "clubs" over the years I've been associated with that spans everything from cars to arrowhead hunting this has been by far the most enjoyable/satisfying. Trust me...if you love amusement parks, pick a club and join it today.
-
Cedar Point dive coaster?
Given this is nothing but a rumor article but including anonymous comments in your post may be a bit of a stretch.
-
Kings Island Web Site
Works for me.....laptop via Chrome.
-
What would you rename Banshee?
In my book there is only one High Voltage song. AC/DC.....released as a single in 1975 and included on their second album T.N.T.
-
Celebratory gunfire injures woman at Busch Gardens Tampa on New Years Eve
Probably......just seemed odd being in the leg. Guess she got a Bush Gardens Tampa souvenir.
-
Celebratory gunfire injures woman at Busch Gardens Tampa on New Years Eve
Why did the doctors not remove the bullet??
-
Rumor: Gwazi to close in February
Florida to me is heat, thunderstorms and them biting bugs you can't see. *shrug*.....guess I'm weird.
-
Mystery Object (Track, Supports, or something else?)
Interesting..... I've experienced the exact opposite, increasingly more so in the last decade. The vast majority of all the machinery/tooling received stateside purchased by me or my customers has had very little, if any at all, pre-production testing. Poorly translated documentation. No prints and certainly no support besides what you can get from the distributor if arranged prior to purchase. We've developed a division within our company that is soley dedicated to testing, debugging, documenting and reverse engineering such equipment for smooth operation by the end user either on site or at our plant. This has turned out to be a very wise decision as it has been the highest grossing division in the company the last few years. I'm sure this varies depending on the supplier but based off the profits and sales figures I've seen it must be somewhat common.
-
Cedar Point adding Quaker Steak and Lube next to Castaway Bay
Meh.....I prefer dining options unique to the park instead of franchised joints that are splattered all over the country.
-
Rumor: Gwazi to close in February
Yep......I find it funny how easy it is to get a rumor started with very little or no factual evidence in this day of social media.