Everything posted by BeeastFarmer
-
What ride did KI make the biggest mistake in getting ride of
I've heard several people say that Les Taxis were expensive to operate fuel wise, but how much gasoline do those cars run through in a day? If they had both Lex Taxis and the Ohio Overland Auto Livery running, and let's say they maintained 20 cars on each side, and each car used 5 gallons per day, that 200 gallons of gas per day, and lets say 3.00/gallon. That is 600/day and assuming 100 operating days, the yearly fuel cost would be 60,000.00 annually. Not a terrible number. Of course, my numbers are assumptions, I am sure there are others here who could supply correct information. But if a park like Kentucky Kingdom can run their Tin Lizzies, I am sure KI could do the same since they draw in so many more guests. Kings Dominion still has there's, not as grand as LT/OOAL but they pay their fuel, and if I remember right had 4 ride ops compared to KK's 2. And I could be wrong, but I think many of today's antique car rides have been modified for propane fuel.
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
Now that I think about it, most coaster seats at KI are black: MT, TB, V, R, AE, WE, TBat. Dont know about FH, I and FOF to know about them as I don't like them and rarely ride.
-
You Know It's the Off Season When...
I understand! But be glad we got something other than pop music on IS! Besides Mystic Timbers, that was the highlight of my KI summer last year!
-
What could 2018 bring KI
At my first Coasterstock, I was eating a wrap at Reds. He stopped by to ask how it was, and how I was enjoying Coasterstock. He asked to tweet my photo. Several other times I've seen him do the same as Magenta 🦎 mentioned. And I bet he's responsible for The Beast hot chocolate and cinnamon [emoji506]! Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
-
What could 2018 bring KI
Is Chef Nate out? There was a job posting for a KI Executive Chef posted on December 28, but Chef Nate tweeted on January 2? I think he brought some fantastic offerings to the park over the past few years; I hope they are just hiring another chef and he has not left! He is also fun to talk to!
-
Will Coney Mall be Overhauled?
My suggestion is to extend the pathway down to the Adventure Express area so that it connects with Oktoberfest. Add retail and restrooms. That would make it not a dead end area. But then again, I don't know the topography back there.
-
Can You Guess the Year?
I always thought I was an oddball when I thought that BLSC should have been placed in Action Zone. I doubt the park would invest in a removal and restoration of this area, but one could hope!
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
I like the Intamins I have been on. The only complaint I have is the restraint. On TTD, they need to have about an inch more on the seatbelt. In theory I'd love to have an Intamin GiGa at KI. I just don't know how feasible ThAt is at ThIs point.
-
Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees
Watch out for falling reptiles: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/frozen-iguanas-falling-from-trees-during-cold-snap-in-florida/
-
January trip to California
When you are driving Route 66, @whengodsaysgo, take a pit stop in Phoenix and check out Castles N Coasters!
-
January trip to California
Knotts and SFMM are only about 60 miles apart, but allow plenty of time to drive between them. I left MM Sunday night around 7 and it took almost two hours to drive the 60 miles. There is a cheap but decent hotel 2 miles from Knotts called Anaheim Lodge. Finally, with SFMM being open year round now, I hope you have a better experience with crowds than i did. Lots of great coasters, several were closed and lines were insane. So much so that I got a Flash Pass, which cost more than my 3 night stay at Anaheim lodge.
-
Best B&M Invert
I'd have to go 1. Afterburn, Cwinds. 2. Silver Bulltet, KBF. 3. Raptor-CP. 4. Banshee-KI. (I'm not dissing Banshee, she is a fun ride, but I prefer tight layouts. And B&M inverts are not favorites of mine.)
-
The Giga Speculation Thread
I look forward to a giga, if we get one. I will say that I am very encouraged by the 2017 season and how it changed KI. Instrumental music on I-Street again that is supposed to be back. Fantastic theming surrounding Mystic Timbers. Winterfest totally brought back the magic I remember from my childhood. I think great days are ahead, giga or not.
-
Clearing up Tower Johnny
I, for one, appreciate this thread. I was in 8th grade when the incident occurred and it was the talk of the school with wild and graphic details/rumors being presented. Someone made a tragic mistake. The information that KIghostguy has made available makes John Harter more real and less of an urban legend.
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
I have type one diabetes, and the hot chocolate took me over 400! But for the one time it was worth it. And The Beast mug was my main goal. Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
I'm very tempted to go mid week. Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
Welcome to KIC, retrofan1980 The lead speculation is that a new food facility will be placed. It's also been said there might be an announcement on December 30th. Other theories that have been put forth are for a return of Lex Taxis, a Skywarp or another flat ride. Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
-
Winterfest Questions
They use Accesso. Many other companies and parks use this company. So, while we may not like it, it is there until the company decides if they want to do it in house.
-
Winterfest Questions
I'll be eating there (IR) on Monday. I have never been up there. They could feed me mush and I'd be happy haha.
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
I'm happy for KI! Normally I don't like crowds, but for WF, I'm all for it. Let's see if I change my tune after going up on Monday and Tuesday next week.
-
Odd item in Kings Island ios Map
Welcome to KIC, pketelaar!
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
No, it is not refillable. But it is a great souvenir.
-
The Journey To Find The Inner Terpy- silver2005's Pennsylvania & New Jersey Trip Planning and PTR
You have different levels of Flash Passes to buy. You reserve one ride at a time and show up at or after your ride time. When you are finished with that ride, you reserve another. You can't reserve multiple rides at once. And the most popular rides will only allow you to use it once per purchase. Finally, there might be a ride or two that you have an upcharge on. My experience at Magic Mountain forms the basis of this post. X2 required a $15 upcharge with the Flashpass; Superman: Escape from Krypton and Twisted Colossus were one time use only. When I visited NJFTP in midweek in June, a FlashPass was not needed. All coasters were less than 30 minute waits with many walk ons.
-
The Story of Mystic Timbers (Spoilers)
I feel like there is a disconnect between the teaser video and the final presentation. It is very much story driven, but I thought they would put more emphasis on the wild vines taking over the park.
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
I was there Friday and was impressed at the crowds. Thin early, but when I left around 930, it looked like a Saturday in July. I also saw many people buying things. I myself bought a long sleeve t-shirt and a souvenir The Beast mug. The hot chocolate was great, but the mug was the main goal, haha.