Tomb Raider: The Ride or The Crypt?

BoddaH1994

As of May 2nd the Crypt was running VERY WELL! They finally have the lights on some sort of timer and have better music than the crappy techno stuff. For some reason I thought it was a much better ride today than last weekend! Although the robotic dragon or whatever it is was NOT working today.

As of May 2nd the Crypt was running VERY WELL! They finally have the lights on some sort of timer and have better music than the crappy techno stuff. For some reason I thought it was a much better ride today than last weekend! Although the robotic dragon or whatever it is was NOT working today.

well at least it wasnt annoying the crap out of people then lol..but huh...sounds like it has started to get better then..i was gonna def. check it out next weekend when a few friends went with me to celebrate my birthday but i now cant wait to see what type of music they have and see how the lights are working now...it may just get better and better...(and to think i dont really care for rides that go upside down...if thats the case THEN WHY DO I LOVE THIS RIDE? lol. guess cause im insane)

As of May 2nd the Crypt was running VERY WELL! They finally have the lights on some sort of timer and have better music than the crappy techno stuff. For some reason I thought it was a much better ride today than last weekend! Although the **************** or whatever it is was NOT working today.

edit your post, dont spoil it for other users

I think it's about as good as it's gonna get I don't know what else they can really add to improve it much more without spending a ton of $$$ however some type of strobe light effect durring one of the double/tripple spins would be sweet.
What is the music like now?

I think it's about as good as it's gonna get I don't know what else they can really add to improve it much more without spending a ton of $$$ however some type of strobe light effect durring one of the double/tripple spins would be sweet.

THANK YOU THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING..ok im off the caps now..lol. but yea, i have said that exact same thing..it would be awesome if they used a strobe for one of the big flips during the ride..i know that would 1, scare the crap out of me and 2, be so awesome that would be the only thing i would remember. yes i know they may not cause it can cause seizures with guests but, at the same time, that ride could be enough to give someone a seizure..lol..

• 4 weeks later...

i just rode "the crypt" yesterday and will NEVER ride it again! when it was the tomb raider ride i was totally in love with it and rode it multiple times in a row. the effects used to be such a thrill, and while scary, the ride was not painful at all. NOW they have pulled out ALL the wall images and props from the ride itself and left nothing but bare walls with the steel supports showing and lots of plain old concrete to stare at while it violently tries to shake you off the ride. the sign out front says that "there are now more thrills on this ride", but in reality, all they did was jack the speed up so it spins the crap out of you and leaves a ton of bruises. my b/f has some MINOR back problems, but they never acted up from the "tomb raider" ride, even after multiple rides along with me, but with the new violent speed up, this ride threw his back out and he had to be taken out of there in a stretcher and carted off to the medic area for the rest of the evening. i have a couple of bruises on my shoulders from the restraints when it was shaking everyone so hard.

i think the new name suits the new ride style well...this ride is dying and it's already got it's "crypt" ready to be buried. i have a feeling this thing won't even last out this season. it's totally worthless and painful now, so they might as well tear it down now before it injures someone else.

my b/f has some MINOR back problems, but they never acted up from the "tomb raider" ride, even after multiple rides along with me, but with the new violent speed up, this ride threw his back out and he had to be taken out of there in a stretcher and carted off to the medic area for the rest of the evening.

Read the sign outside the ride. That may be a helpfull hint.

my b/f has some MINOR back problems, but they never acted up from the "tomb raider" ride, even after multiple rides along with me, but with the new violent speed up, this ride threw his back out and he had to be taken out of there in a stretcher and carted off to the medic area for the rest of the evening.

Read the sign outside the ride. That may be a helpfull hint.

Signs do not limit liability.

And that could be a concern if the ride is causing contusions.

I like THE CRYPT better because it is original; whereas TR:TR was taken from a Paramount movie.

Oh, yes...The Crypt is oh, so original...nothing derivative about any of its theming....

I ask you, if Kings Island were currently owned by The Lego people, would you be cheerful about them until they sold, too; then would you call them a bunch of blockheads?

Terpy, just wondering.