Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sometimes need to have a thick skin. We try really hard and it's easy to get defensive when see something that you consider negative. Don't get me wrong, this is certainly the exception rather than the rule. 99% of the time I visit I leave more energized.

Now I feel bad...I really do hate to hurt anyone's feelings. If you talk to me in person I am very good at dancing around the truth if I don't like something...but for some reason when I have a negative comment about what the park is doing I have no problem posting it. (I DO always strive to make it constuctive criticism though.)

I'm wondering if I make someone's day at the park when I compliment something...I wonder if they're like "Guess what? standbyme actually liked one of our ideas!!!" laugh.gif

(For the record I did compliment the park yesterday on their new Linus costume.)

5@5 MAILBAG: Wednesday, March 30

Ryan Suhr - Many fantastic rides have been located in the building that will house Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, all of which were dark rides. The biggest contradiction I've seen was the transition from the scary Phantom Theatre to the family-friendly Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle. Although, judging by the photos supplied, it seems like this one will be its own unique experience. Which of the two ride experiences (Phantom Theatre and Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle) would you consider to be the most comparable to Boo Blasters on Boo Hill?

You're right, this building has been home to some great rides. We are very excited by what we've seen for Boo Blasters. In my opinion the Scooby overlay was out of place for this type of attraction and I'm glad it's heading back. Phantom Theater may have scared the pants off some kids and I think this one will too. There is still a fun, playful nature to this ride with the ghost blasters and some of the gags so kids will enjoy it. Honestly my initial reaction has changed 100% by what I've seen and I'm excited to ride it.

------------------------------

Rain Blanken - Boo Blasters on Boo Hill 3D Questions: "Guests can choose to enhance their ride experience on Boo Blasters on Boo Hill with 3-D glasses." How much will these glasses cost? Are they the kind that the park recycles to use again or are they disposable red/blue 3D glasses that kids will want to keep and parents will need to carry the rest of the day at the park? The moaning and groaning over this 'feature' may be scarier than the ghosts.

This will be a great ride with or without glasses. If you don't want glasses, you don't need them. That's important to note. There are extra features that will make the ride experience different with these disposable 3D glasses.

Prediction: You will ride this ride once and forget about the "moaning and groaning" shown here today.

Tony Douglass - Thanks for the release of the dark ride today! Will we be getting a new dark ride for 2013, since Scooby was put in in 2003? The ride does have a tradition of every ten years, or does this ride now have ten years worth of being housed? So that it will be removed in 2020?

If I could predict what will happen in 10 years I doubt my NCAA bracket would have been busted weeks ago! This ride has taken many forms but there are no plans to replace it in a certain number of years. I think change is good - once I see it. I was a big fan of The Smurfs and objected to Phantom Theater. I was not happy about turning PT into Scooby Doo. As I mentioned above, I was skeptical of this change. Each time I have enjoyed the new experience. Yesterday I looked at a picture of the outside of Phantom Theater. Looking back, it was time for a change.

Amber Hodge - Will the Snoopy souvenier cup be the same at all of the parks, and if not will it be re-fillable at each park?

The Snoopy souvenir cup will have a King Island logo on it and it is only refillable here.

Justin Balogh - Will Backyard BBQ be earlier or later in the day? 3-4 seems a little early for dinner, and too late for lunch.

We have made a couple of changes to the Backyard BBQ. First is the time. You are right about the odd time we had before so this year we're moving to 5:30 – 7:30pm. The menu is slightly different now with chicken tenders, hot dogs, Montgomery Inn pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad, watermelon, ice cream treats and unlimited soft drinks. 12.99 and 6.99 for non-passholders / 9.99 and 5.99 for gold passholders is a great value.

You'll also be surprised by the new shelter improvements for this BBQ meal. Our F&B team is working hard to improve the overall experience and have made quite a few upgrades to the Picnic Grove area. We'll post some construction shots in the photo album tomorrow, okay?

Justin Balogh - Will Backyard BBQ be earlier or later in the day? 3-4 seems a little early for dinner, and too late for lunch.

We have made a couple of changes to the Backyard BBQ. First is the time. You are right about the odd time we had before so this year we're moving to 5:30 – 7:30pm.

All I will say here is that they moved it in the complete opposite way that I would have wanted. Last year we ate at the Backyard BBQ on each & every one of our visits...we thought it was great bargain compared to everything else in the park...the only problem we had was the time. We would eat a VERY light lunch and then hang on to eat a nice big dinner...there is no way we will be able to do that this year...5:30 is just to long for us to last.

When I come to the park it is usually with 4-6 other family members...so eating in the park has always been a financial challenge...that is why we loved the BY BBQ. (We could at least justify the $9.99 a piece.)

With the time change I don't forsee us being able to use this anymore. I predict we will go back to our hotel and have a nice dinner earlier in the day and then coming back to the park.

Packed is good for the park and I'd be glad about that.

Moving the time back is no good for me but if it works out for them. Maybe they'll do a lunch one too in the future.

Looks like more Ruby Tuesday's for Gibson and crew.

Edit: It's daily and I've heard it's really a good deal, 9.99 w/ a Platinum Pass

So did he really answer if the 3D glasses would be free?

He never said. I think he avoided that part.

I love Backyard BBQ's new time. Perfect! 5-7:30 is a good range of time for people who want a good dinner smile.gif

Actually, it is 5:30-7:30:

...You are right about the odd time we had before so this year we’re moving to 5:30 – 7:30pm...

This is seriously the first time I've ever heard of the "Backyard BBQ." Is it a daily meal option, or a special event?

Is is a daily option, and it is what it sounds like: a BBQ:

...with chicken tenders, hot dogs, Montgomery Inn pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad, watermelon, ice cream treats and unlimited soft drinks...

You've got your chicken, hot dogs, pork, potato salad, fruit, and treats, all nice BBQ items! :)

But, what is different on this menu from last year? ^Also, I could see a lunch option being added if it is profitable, which it likely is since it's returning.

Finally,

Sorry, but we are unable to continue this question and answer forum effective immediately. Thanks for your understanding.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=381001606948

I wonder why? Too much complaining and unneccessary comments about Boo Blasters on Boo Hill? I really hope this is an early April Fools joke...

I wonder why? Too much complaining and unneccessary comments about Boo Blasters on Boo Hill? I really hope this is an early April Fools joke...

I didn't think of that...I bet that's what it is, since it's dated April 1, but today is only March 31.

...with chicken tenders, hot dogs, Montgomery Inn pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad, watermelon, ice cream treats and unlimited soft drinks...

You've got your chicken, hot dogs, pork, potato salad, fruit, and treats, all nice BBQ items! smile.gif

But, what is different on this menu from last year? ^Also, I could see a lunch option being added if it is profitable, which it likely is since it's returning.

I know last year they didn't have pulled pork, and I'm pretty sure they had burgers last year. I don't remember them having watermelon last year, but I could be wrong about that.