What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Screamscape is just pulling out ideas from us. These are ideas, not rumors!

And when something *does* happen to SOB, Lance (of Screamscape) will be sure to delete all the false info he posted in the past, and he'll lead with something like "As I have been telling you..."

Shaggy

If the rumor is not a real rumor.... (let's explain what a real rumor is):

a. Something said by the park on Facebook, blogs, or Twitter

b. There are actual facts to prove the rumor

c. Rumors are NOT what people wish they want to happen.

....don't post it. It confuses people and gets people's hopes up.

A. At the top of that page, Mr. Hart makes clear he has no idea that KI and other Cedar Fair parks DO already have VIP experiences and have had for quite some time.

B. In the Son of Beast section, he makes very clear he is unaware of who the Chairman of Cedar Fair is. Hint: It hasn't changed in years and years.

If the rumor is not a real rumor.... (let's explain what a real rumor is):

b. There are actual facts to prove the rumor

If there are actual facts to prove the rumor, can it be considered a rumor anymore?

Rumors are based upon perception. A person can claim "fact" to most rumors just based on how they want to look at the information (i.e.- remember all the signs for DB and Maverick?).

If Son of Beast is remodeled, I honestly hope it doesn't get a new name. I mean, "Son of Beast: Reborn" or something, sure. But if it gets a generic, wooden coaster snake name, I may die. Rattlesnake. Is that really fitting for such a ride? I've had quite enough of Vipers and Diamondbacks and Cobra and Rattlers and Black Mambas and Sidewinders and Sand Serpants and Pythons and Anacondas.

Also concerning Intamins in the park, don't forget Sherwin Williams Tower The Eiffel Tower and Wild Water Canyon!

If Son of Beast is remodeled, I honestly hope it doesn't get a new name. I mean, "Son of Beast: Reborn" or something, sure. But if it gets a generic, wooden coaster snake name, I may die. Rattlesnake. Is that really fitting for such a ride? I've had quite enough of Vipers and Diamondbacks and Cobra and Rattlers and Black Mambas and Sidewinders and Sand Serpants and Pythons and Anacondas.

Also concerning Intamins in the park, don't forget Sherwin Williams Tower The Eiffel Tower and Wild Water Canyon!

And Drop Tower

This is off topic from the 'What's next for Son of Beast?' topic. I just wanted to point out that while riding Adventure Express today, I noticed that the cross-ties on the high banked turn after the first drop looked like those of an abandoned railroad. I never got to ride Son of Beast, but I doubt that the cross-ties looked-and could operate-like that. I mean, the thing looks like it is made with toothpicks and gum already, and it has been under the elements unmaintained for two years. I'm just afraid that history will repeat itself and a windstorm will backhand the Son of Beast.

This is off topic from the 'What's next for Son of Beast?' topic. I just wanted to point out that while riding Adventure Express today, I noticed that the cross-ties on the high banked turn after the first drop looked like those of an abandoned railroad. I never got to ride Son of Beast, but I doubt that the cross-ties looked-and could operate-like that. I mean, the thing looks like it is made with toothpicks and gum already, and it has been under the elements unmaintained for two years. I'm just afraid that history will repeat itself and a windstorm will backhand the Son of Beast.

I highly, highly doubt that anyone would even want to re-open the ride as it stands now, so I'm sure you wouldn't ever see the ride suddenly running. And yes, given the past, I'd say it's safe to say that the most basic, acceptable fix would require re-bracing and stabilizing the entire structure.

And anything of that scale will look like it's made of toothpicks, don't forget!

I'd say it's safe to say that the most basic, acceptable fix would require re-bracing and stabilizing the entire structure.

Oh now GYK, I love hearing your ideas and thoughts, but what is your basis for this statement? It may not need this at all for it's "fix."

Oh now GYK, I love hearing your ideas and thoughts, but what is your basis for this statement? It may not need this at all for it's "fix."

Not to speak for others, but I think it's because many of its problems pertained, at least in some way, to the support structure. Think about it. The loop was, in many peoples' opinions, the smoothest part of the ride. It had steel structure. The rest is widely viewed as being unenjoyably rough. Wood structure. Same wooden track, so I blame the structure. Add to that the breakage of the structure causing problems on at least two other occasions...

And anything of that scale will look like it's made of toothpicks, don't forget!

No, I mean it looks like I could have made it. The boards are just placed in random places.

I completely agree. I have always thought that the structure was very loose( and by that i mean that it looks like not enough wood was used and that it looks unfinished).Ive also always wondered why its made out of pine which i always thought was a very weak type of wood.

Pine is very weak fOr the same reason it is very cheap (which is obviously why it was chosen) it grows quick and is seen as easily replaceable

True pine is sometimes very weak, depending on the grade. My company uses a high grade of pine inside of barges to hold up 6500-8500 lbs steel coils, this works very well its cheap yet strong to do the job.

Pine is very weak fOr the same reason it is very cheap (which is obviously why it was chosen) it grows quick and is seen as easily replaceable

True pine is sometimes very weak, depending on the grade. My company uses a high grade of pine inside of barges to hold up 6500-8500 lbs steel coils, this works very well its cheap yet strong to do the job.

Wow, thats pretty strong, but could it hold approximately 13,000 pounds( train+people)under all of the forces of Son of Beast.