Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Guest PizzaBaby027

I have a feeling that they will be getting rid of the entrance of The FX T, at least I hope they do. Convert the exit into both the entrance and exit!!

I have a feeling that they will be getting rid of the entrance of The FX T, at least I hope they do. Convert the exit into both the entrance and exit!!

That's what I was kinda thinking too. Just make the old exit the new entrance and exit. I really don't think there will be enough room to keep the pre-existing entrance where it is.

How can they? They open for the season on Sunday, May 8th. Cedar Point opens on Saturday, May 14th. Kings Island is the first of the seasonal parks building WindSeekers to open for the season.

And for those curious, there is also now a crane on site up at Cedar Point. Notice, the difference in concrete pouring for the ride area between Kings Island`s and Cedar Point`s version of WindSeeker.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/webcams/index.cfm

Hard hat guy, " Sooo.. the entrance is going over here, and the blue piece goes here....."

Cap guy, " But.....if the blue piece goes here.... then the crane should be over here..."

Hard hat guy, "OH CRAP... we built the friggin' crane on the wrong side!"

Third guy, "Wait a minute....You guys got the blueprints upside down"

Hard hat guy, "WHEWWW"

Tensions are riding high!

Edit:

Picture changed, never mind, It was funny at the time, nothing to see here, just keep moving....

Guest PizzaBaby027

I must say it is very beautiful with the sun shining, can't wait to see the sun shine down over there with all the landscape and new ride!!!

Brian, those are extension cords for power their power tools. You can see a circular saw on top of the plywood/chipboard they are cutting. They're just working on the both.

Patience young Grasshopper:D

I know that. That had the straps and cable laid out this morning across the platform. I posted a live fed not a picture. :)

From KI's Facebook page:

192224_10150209759308368_155893938367_8917338_6020277_o.jpg

Big day tomorrow! Vertical construction of the new 301' tall WindSeeker ride is ready to begin!

Also, in the comments:

Will you fine folks be putting up another webcam (on Vortex or the Eiffel Tower) so we can see this going up from a distance?
Yes, a second webcam is going up that will be focused on the construction of WindSeeker