Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Take a step back and really think about this:

What motivation would KI have to promote something, from all appearances, seems to be rather big and new, just for another modification announcement for SoB?

The last thing KI needs is to promote this venture only to get the proverbial egg on their face and tie it in with SoB.

The ride is dead and the park needs to move on. With any luck, the only tie in with SoB this announcement has is it's deconstruction.

Stratosoar is still out there too....

EDIT:

In July, Cedar Fair filed a trademark name application for a new ride called “Stratosoar.”

http://cpguide.drewb...tag/stratosoar/

Excellent points... but shouldn't it be "Stratosaur?" LOL ;-)

• Like 1

Has that height limit ever been verified?

If you remember when we flew over KI, height was never an issue. As for Coney, that was a different story.

KI has no issues with air traffic. If you remember KI had helicopter rides that went well above 400ft.

^That's right, because we were in the immediate vicinity of Lunken and downtown is a direct flight path for CVG. I remember we could only swing around downtown a few times before we had to leave the area and then re-request clearance. Man, that was such an awesome day.

WLW tower in Mason is currently 736 feet and its just as close to the nearest airport as Kings Island. (For whatever that is worth) I happen to be a student pilot right now and I can tell you that there is no problem with Kings Island being too close to an airport. The closest airport to KI is Lebanon-Warren County Airport and that's about 8 nautical miles away, more than enough clearance for even a 1000 foot structure.

I'll end by saying that I have no idea who would even regulate such a rule, if it were to exist.

I just have to go back to a post I made a few days ago:

I have a feeling that if Don Helbig scratched the right side of his head in an interview, we would, within three days, reach the obvious conclusion that we are getting the worlds first B&M Hyper Invert with 12 inversions that will be the main attraction of an X-Base expansion, featuring 3 new flat rides, high-capacity gravy buffets, and the world's first Giga-Bathrooms! :P

Granted, this is a much more reasonable cause for excitement then a park map, but the idea remains the same. I think it's pointless to speculate on what it is until we have more conclusive information.

I know for a fact we can wait until next Friday! :)

And the trademark was not for strata "saur"...it was for strata "soar".

It was going to be the name for the WindSeeker-type-rides before the chaos involving the ride manufacturers took place. Expect this to not have anything to do with the new thing, whatever it is.

And the trademark was not for strata "saur"...it was for strata "soar".

It was going to be the name for the WindSeeker-type-rides before the chaos involving the ride manufacturers took place. Expect this to not have anything to do with the new thing, whatever it is.

Yeah, all that was in the article provided and the name speculated by the author.

It will be intresting to see the final plans, if the final plans do come out 3/18.

actually, just me thinking out loud, but if the slogan " your history" was used with the date, and with the area shown in the topography maps being so large. maybe there will be a reincarnation of the wildlife habitat, all of the barns that the animals were kept in are still standing (or at least all i've ever payed attention to).

actually, just me thinking out loud, but if the slogan " your history" was used with the date, and with the area shown in the topography maps being so large. maybe there will be a reincarnation of the wildlife habitat, all of the barns that the animals were kept in are still standing (or at least all i've ever payed attention to).

I believe he meant "You're History", not "Your History"... at least that's the way it was posted on CoasterBuzz.

"You're History" makes a little more sense.

If it was indeed "You're History", set over a scaly backdrop, it at least has the hallmarks of other KI teasers, especially the huge campaign leading up to Diamondback. This makes less likely my first thought, that this was meant for another park, but thanks to the oddly configured Cedar Fair websites, it appeared on KI's site this morning.

It would be odd for them to announce a new haunt in March, when their marketing message should be solely focused on getting WindSeeker off the ground (so to speak). Some sort of traveling Prehistoric exhibit (the crude, animatronic dinos that play state fairs, etc) back in the woods behind Racer would make sense, but again an announcement this early, before WindSeeker debuts, would be strange.

My gut reaction would be something like this, on a Memorial Day thru Labor Day exhibition...

LINK - Billings Productions

If it was indeed "You're History", set over a scaly backdrop, it at least has the hallmarks of other KI teasers, especially the huge campaign leading up to Diamondback. This makes less likely my first thought, that this was meant for another park, but thanks to the oddly configured Cedar Fair websites, it appeared on KI's site this morning.

It would be odd for them to announce a new haunt in March, when their marketing message should be solely focused on getting WindSeeker off the ground (so to speak). Some sort of traveling Prehistoric exhibit (the crude, animatronic dinos that play state fairs, etc) back in the woods behind Racer would make sense, but again an announcement this early, before WindSeeker debuts, would be strange.

My gut reaction would be something like this, on a Memorial Day thru Labor Day exhibition...

LINK - Billings Productions

If it was that i would be very disappointed.

Strange compared to what we are used to- yes.

But is there a better way to promote the park and new 2011 ride than to stir up intrest for HH or a new 2012 ride early?

It would do wonders to stir up the enthusiast/fan community, but from a PR point of view, your preseason message shouldn't be at all about giving your guests a reason to visit in September, and especially not next year.

This isn't just about traditional PR methods. It's about successful PR methods.