Possible Ride Station Location?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I may be so bold... submitted for your consideration...

1. An aeriel view of Canada's Wonderland, pre Leviathan. The highlighted areas show the grounds as they existed before the coaster was installed.

Wonderland-1.png

2. An aeriel view of Kings Island, with an unmistakably similar area highlighted.

KIOverview-1.png

3. Hmmm..?! ;-)

Am I saying Kings Island is getting a clone, or version of Leviathan?

No.

But I do think there's a great place for one at the park. From what I understand, Leviathan is an absolute shash hit at Wonderland... as was Behemoth. And if you recall, Diamondback followed Behemoth in installation.

None the less, Wonderland and KD both feature coasters over the 300 mark. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see KI and Carowinds follow suite someday.

*Sigh* Wishful dreaming? Maybe. But fun to speculate ;-)

Even though I want a B&M Giga at KI, and the layout highlighted for KI looks nice, I would not want to stare at this when I'm on international street...

leviathan_zpsc7f8e192.jpg

(The photo is reversed on purpose)

• Like 8

The picture by international street does not look bad imo. I kinda like it. However, I agree with "beastfan11" in that, we have too much space to be trying to squeeze things into the park. Expanding Action Zone into the old SOB location is more ideal.

Tusk - feeling good about being back.

• Like 3

8345546879_531a41c231.jpg

YAY!!!! I started a rumor. Whoever runs that facebook page needs to check their sources. :lol:

I wonder where a certain rumor smasher is when a rumor is started... I am just going to state the obvious, and most of you will agree, that the new ride location will be somewhere in Kings Island.

• Like 1

Maybe DBInternational will make the rest of the coaster. ;)

I did it and it looked like poo... so i just took leviathan's track layout, edited it and stuck it there. Oh and gave it the name Mammoth (it was all i could come up with) :lol: heres what it looks like

mammoth.png

I love how this was used for the rumor on the Save Son of Beast's facebook profile. While I would love to see a new coaster in this spot, I highly doubt the park would name it Mammoth after a park, that is not in the Cedar Fair chain, within 4 hours has a ride named Mammoth.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

My idea:

The station and turn around to the lift will be where TA was. You board the train that is facing the direction of Invertigo. Once dispatched, the train makes a 180 degree turn toward the lift as Leviathan does. Once the train crests the lift, it could go anywhere from there. It could go out around Flight Deck, or out toward FOF (being the most logical direction.)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I hope KI gets an Intamin Giga coaster or else have Intamin introduce a whole new category with the roller coaster being 500+ feet tall but have the same layout or concept of Millennium Force. Also a great name for the ride could be "Iron Beast" or "Steel Beast"!

• Like 1

I highly doubt Cedar Fair would copy cat off of their signature rides at Cedar Point and bring it down to Kings Island. Anything is possible, but when you see what they did with Diamondback, it just goes to show you that Cedar Fair is creative at squeezing rides in. I feel like Kings Island can squeeze whatever they're building quite easily since they removed Thunder Alley plus the freed up land that SOB once took up.

• Like 1

I hope KI gets an Intamin Giga coaster or else have Intamin introduce a whole new category with the roller coaster being 500+ feet tall but have the same layout or concept of Millennium Force. Also a great name for the ride could be "Iron Beast" or "Steel Beast"!

Kings Island will never have a coaster 500ft+ tall with Cedar Fair as their owner unless Cedar Point gets one first.

S.O.B. just trying to be logical

If I may be so bold... submitted for your consideration...

1. An aeriel view of Canada's Wonderland, pre Leviathan. The highlighted areas show the grounds as they existed before the coaster was installed.

Wonderland-1.png

2. An aeriel view of Kings Island, with an unmistakably similar area highlighted.

KIOverview-1.png

3. Hmmm..?! ;-)

Am I saying Kings Island is getting a clone, or version of Leviathan?

No.

But I do think there's a great place for one at the park. From what I understand, Leviathan is an absolute shash hit at Wonderland... as was Behemoth. And if you recall, Diamondback followed Behemoth in installation.

None the less, Wonderland and KD both feature coasters over the 300 mark. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see KI and Carowinds follow suite someday.

*Sigh* Wishful dreaming? Maybe. But fun to speculate ;-)

Even though I want a B&M Giga at KI, and the layout highlighted for KI looks nice, I would not want to stare at this when I'm on international street...

leviathan_zpsc7f8e192.jpg

(The photo is reversed on purpose)

Can we haz Gatekeeper?

• Like 2