Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Ok been out of the loop for a bit and also this forum has since exploded with posts since the announcement...just a few updates from me

1. As much as people considered him a troll and argue and bicker with him, I will say youngstud is a huge contribution to this forum and shares and contributes to countless discussions here. I'm glad he's here regardless of what others say about him.

2. Those blueprints look very real and very true as to what is on the ground and what we have been saying. If this is fake, it's incredibly put together (there's even a date stamp I'm the bottom right corner and signed off by engineers lol)

3. Any update at csf? Haven't seen anything in relation for some time

4. Ride top gun, you get a few good seconds to look st the construction from that end, lots of good views on what they're doing down there

5. Same goes for skyflier matching post 4

5. Park is really pushing the announcement. I got a few fliers through the day regarding it and even the train is inviting people to come next Thursday

5. Great job decoding the blueprints

6. KIC made the news. Awesome

7. Can't wait for the announcement and seeing everyone at Action Zone

8. Looking at Action Zone...I really hope this is the start to a new area of the park as bandied doesn't fit well next to a multi colored Drop Tower and a pendulum with about the same random color pattern

• Like 5

I am sure I missed it, so asking instead of digging through hundreds of pages :P

What are the guesses as far as height of the first lift vs first drop, speed, capacity, total track length and ride duration length?

CP used a similar "World Record" when WT was built:

The only park with 3 coasters over 200'.

With the addition of Wicked Twister, Cedar Point will be the only amusement park in the world to stake claim to having three roller coasters above 200 feet tall: the 205-foot-tall Magnum XL-200 (1989); the 310-foot-tall Millennium Force (2000) and now the 215-foot-tall Wicked Twister. This twisted scream machine will also be the eighth world-record-breaking ride Cedar Point has introduced since debuting the world-renowned Magnum XL-200 roller coaster in 1989. Plus, Wicked Twister will be the eighth roller coaster the park has added during this same time period.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/coasters/new02/cp_wickedtwister/cp_wicked_pr.shtml

Ugh....semantics.

I'm sorry...really...but I don't see the connection. All I see in the article is a reference to how CP would be the only park in the world with 3 coasters over 200'. I suppose, yes, that was a world record for a park, but maybe I'm missing something in what you guys are saying. I mean, at that time, WT was announced to be the world's tallest and fastest twisting impulse coaster....ie. a world record-breaking attraction.

It just seems to me that "world record-breaking attraction" is a reference to a "world record-breaking attraction", and not a clever play on words for the sake of marketing in which they play around with the collective minds of the public, tricking them into thinking the ride itself will be a record breaker, all the while secretly knowing the record would only apply to the entire park as opposed to the attraction itself.

Has anyone seen my Disaronno? I think I need it tonight. I could use a good buzz.

^^^That same dense population is a double edged sword.

There are so many other things to do in the LA area, people have too many options to spend time & money. It is this exact reason the NFL has not put a franchise back in the area.

Yeah, like the Getty Center. I'm dying to go see that place.

My video is done.

About the name, I'm sure this has been said before, but Banshee would make perfect sense as it is announcing the death of SOB.

Maybe this will help you Kat

sweet! Thanks! :) I'll go look at that right now :)

That's really sweet looking!!! :) Maybe a stupid question, but I'm assuming that's based on the actual blueprints? :)

It's based on his interpretation of the blueprints. I'd say it's a really good attempt to match what the blueprints show, but we can't say it's definitively what the coaster will be like. No doubt there are certain tweaks that would need to be made to it.

OK, what's wrong with us? The day that we got the date of the announcement, and again when the blueprints were found, we peaked at around 960 to 975 posts in a 24-hour period, but AFAIK we didn't break 1,000 (unless it was briefly broken in the morning when I was in bed asleep and couldn't check it). I thought that activity would be maintained through the announcement and we would eventually reach 1,440 in 24 hours, or one post per minute average. Instead, right now we're down to fewer than 500 posts in the past 24 hours.

Come on! Post! Post! POST!!! :P

Go out in the yard and play. We'll call you inside when supper's ready. :P

Vortex lover isn't here to announce "I'm here."

That alone could account for a drastic volume loss.

It's been a long and bumpy road.

Meow!

• Like 3

With the addition of Wicked Twister, Cedar Point will be the only amusement park in the world to stake claim to having three roller coasters above 200 feet tall: the 205-foot-tall Magnum XL-200 (1989); the 310-foot-tall Millennium Force (2000) and now the 215-foot-tall Wicked Twister. This twisted scream machine will also be the eighth world-record-breaking ride Cedar Point has introduced since debuting the world-renowned Magnum XL-200 roller coaster in 1989. Plus, Wicked Twister will be the eighth roller coaster the park has added during this same time period.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/coasters/new02/cp_wickedtwister/cp_wicked_pr.shtml

Ugh....semantics.

I'm sorry...really...but I don't see the connection. All I see in the article is a reference to how CP would be the only park in the world with 3 coasters over 200'. I suppose, yes, that was a world record for a park, but maybe I'm missing something in what you guys are saying. I mean, at that time, WT was announced to be the world's tallest and fastest twisting impulse coaster....ie. a world record-breaking attraction.

It just seems to me that "world record-breaking attraction" is a reference to a "world record-breaking attraction", and not a clever play on words for the sake of marketing in which they play around with the collective minds of the public, tricking them into thinking the ride itself will be a record breaker, all the while secretly knowing the record would only apply to the entire park as opposed to the attraction itself.

Has anyone seen my Disaronno? I think I need it tonight. I could use a good buzz.

^^^That same dense population is a double edged sword.

There are so many other things to do in the LA area, people have too many options to spend time & money. It is this exact reason the NFL has not put a franchise back in the area.

Yeah, like the Getty Center. I'm dying to go see that place.

My video is done.

About the name, I'm sure this has been said before, but Banshee would make perfect sense as it is announcing the death of SOB.

Maybe this will help you Kat

sweet! Thanks! :) I'll go look at that right now :)

That's really sweet looking!!! :) Maybe a stupid question, but I'm assuming that's based on the actual blueprints? :)

It's based on his interpretation of the blueprints. I'd say it's a really good attempt to match what the blueprints show, but we can't say it's definitively what the coaster will be like. No doubt there are certain tweaks that would need to be made to it.

OK, what's wrong with us? The day that we got the date of the announcement, and again when the blueprints were found, we peaked at around 960 to 975 posts in a 24-hour period, but AFAIK we didn't break 1,000 (unless it was briefly broken in the morning when I was in bed asleep and couldn't check it). I thought that activity would be maintained through the announcement and we would eventually reach 1,440 in 24 hours, or one post per minute average. Instead, right now we're down to fewer than 500 posts in the past 24 hours.

Meow!

Well yeah I know it's not necessarily exactly what Banshee will look like :P but it's still a very sweet model, regardless of whether or not it ends up being like that or not :) I'm sure only Don and select others know EXACTLY what Banshee will look like when it's complete :P

Ugh....semantics.

Here's a more directly relevant example: http://rcdb.com/584.htm?dt=126&d=31 The SOB fact sheet claimed most wooden track at one park as one of SOB's records.

First, it's "dinner", and second, I've already had it. :P

Meow!

*hiss*

• Like 4

Ugh....semantics.

Here's a more directly relevant example: http://rcdb.com/584.htm?dt=126&d=31 The SOB fact sheet claimed most wooden track at one park as one of SOB's records.

First, it's "dinner", and second, I've already had it. :P

Meow!

*hiss*

hey now!!! I'm the Kat here, shouldn't I be the one meowing and hissing? :blink::unsure::lol::D:P

• Like 8

Based on that, it's quite apparent what's going on. With the success of Six Flags Great America re-locating and re-branding Iron Wolf as Apocalypse, they are again moving a ride to make room for future expansions. So get ready, boys and girls. "NEW" for 2014 at Kings Island... BATMAN THE RIDE. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Based on that, it's quite apparent what's going on. With the success of Six Flags Great America re-locating and re-branding Iron Wolf as Apocalypse, they are again moving a ride to make room for future expansions. So get ready, boys and girls. "NEW" for 2014 at Kings Island... BATMAN THE RIDE. :rolleyes:

Would you care to explain?

As far as Don's most recent tweet is concerned, I see this as nothing more than a diversion considering the amount of serious discussions that have taken place on this thread about the possibility of a winged coaster. Simply by adding the words "wings" he can plant the idea into enough heads to completely change the discussion from what blueprints look like to "what's the possibility that this is actually a wing rider?!?!"

• Like 2

My iPhone wont let me quote posts without posting raw code (which is annoying) but CodyR, if this tweet is really only in reference to a winged animal, I'd argue that it's more likely in reference to a bat and not an owl.

Edit: seems I am a couple minutes late with The Bat reference...

I do find it interesting that since the Blueprints came out Don has been very quiet. That either means he's laughing at us thinking we are right, or he knows we are right and just wants to keep quite.

Anything Don says just puts you farther back then you just were. He really has mastered the art of PR.