Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Everything in the area kind of has a "fear of" something name except for Congo Falls. Maybe just call it The Falls. (But I really would like the name to be changed to Lost River.) I don't think there will be a revamping, per-say, for Action Zone this year, except for maybe an area name change, just a cleaning/touch up for the new attraction...but next year and onward? Who knows what we can expect...(the Shadow Knows...)

Generally, trademarks like eBay and iPhone where the capital letter is the second letter rather than the first are always unchanged at the start of a sentence (first letter remains lowercase).

With trademarks like adidas where the entire word is lowercase with no capital letters, when used at the start of a sentence I've seen the first letter both capitalized and uncapitalized with roughly equal frequency, and neither seems to be inherently wrong (and some style guides dictate capitalizing such trademarks all the time, including Wikipedia's own style guide).

Either way, in formal writing it's better to recast the sentence to avoid the issue altogether.

• Like 3

While I dont mean to disagree to just disagree.... In writing classes (Journalism, AP writing, Grad writing, etc) we reference the Purdue OWL.

So according to the AP writing style (Associated Press)

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/735/02/

• eBay Inc. (use EBay Inc. when the word begins a sentence)
  • Google, Googling, Googled
  • IM (IMed, IMing; for first reference, use instant messenger)
  • Internet (after first reference, the Net)
  • iPad, iPhone, iPod (use IPad, IPhone, or IPod when the word begins a sentence)
  • Twitter, tweet, tweeted, retweet

But then again that is just one of the many styles one can write in...

• Like 1

Guest KingsIslandPR

@KingsIslandPR when testing does begin, will there be an official/real life pov of the ride?

A date hasn't been determined for when testing will begin. POV of the ride will not be made available until Media Day.

• Like 22

@KingsIslandPR when testing does begin, will there be an official/real life pov of the ride?

A date hasn't been determined for when testing will begin. POV of the ride will not be made available until Media Day.

I'll gladly be the person you throw the camera on if you want a reaction view for media day! haha.

• Like 5

I've just decided that it would be okay with me if they named the whole area Oktoberfest. I'm not sure if that makes enough sense though.

I'm not sure that would make sense with Congo Falls, The Bat, or even Banshee, whereas Festhaus and Viking Fury fit in line with the Oktoberfest theming.

But I can't for the life of me imagine what a re-theming of Action Zone could be. With names like The Bat and Banshee, the only thing that comes to mind are the classic Vincent Price/Christopher Lee Hammer horror movies, folk lore, and urban legends, but how does that fit Congo Falls, Drop Tower, Delirium, and Invertigo? Of course, this is if there's going to be a re-theming at all this year.

How does Viking Fury fit in with Oktoberfest exactly? Vikings may be northern Germanic tribes, but they're mostly associated with where those people settled in Norway, Sweeden, Russia, etc..Oktoberfest has southern Germany roots, namely in Bavaria. The Viking Age has long since been over when Oktoberfest became an annual tradition.

• Like 6

But the viking tribes, themselves, were from Germany. Their namesake even comes from Old Norse, a North German dialect. The whole point of the Oktoberfest theming was to pay a wink-wink, nudge-nudge to German heritage as a whole, as Cincinnati has quite a German heritage. (This per the Kings Island History documentary, which can be found on You Tube, with interviews from Gary Wachs and Dennis Speigel.)

While Viking Fury doesn't fit in perfectly with the Southern German atmosphere, it does fit better than Banshee, whose namesake derides from Irish lore. But isn't this all moot really, since 1) Viking Fury is already a part of Oktoberfest and 2) Action Zone probably won't be integrated into Oktoberfest?

• Like 2