Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Guest KingsIslandPR

In that picture you really see how much the terrain changes. Just to think some was slightly tamed for construction.

I have a better photo from that angle that we'll post on Instagram tomorrow (along with other new construction photos).

• Like 32

I was just looking at the rest of the supports that are left. Is the 4th support from where they left off today, just a single tube sticking straight up? Seems kind of "wobbly" compared to the other supports, its the 3 supports before the "carousel" starts.

I don't think it will be an issue. Obviously, this had to be studied by multiple engineers before it was designed and built. There are two A frame supports on either side of it, and it is supporting the twist, right at the spot you will be upside down. I doubt it will bear much weight since in theory at that point, the coaster should be sailing by, and its more to keep the track and you anchored to the ground.

The other thing that is hard to tell is if it actually attaches to the supporting leg of the loop that is directly next to it.

• Like 2

Is it just me, or is it a bittersweet thing that the last pieces of track have arrived? It just shows how close they are to being done. I don't know what I'm going to do with my life next off season.haha

90 days until the tentative media day date.

• Like 4

Just think, a few months ago at GWL we only had the first half of the ride mainly done..Before that during the season, only a few station supports were up. Before that footers. Before that blank, zilch, nada. Before that, he who must not be named.

One year ago, way different landscape

Also Don, are you trolling me by posting instagram pictures of things I'd like to see :D

• Like 6

The thing that picture tells me most, aside from the vast elevation change, was that B&M did an incredible job incorporating the terrain into the ride. You'll come out of the vertical loop around the lift hill, raise up to the zero - G roll, then all of a sudden, you're on a huge descent into the bottom of the valley, its going to feel like you're coming off another lift hill.

I believe the intial drop is 150', I wonder how much drop there is from the top of the zero-G roll down to the bottom of the track in that area.

• Like 3

The press release states the total height differential from the tallest point of the lift to the lowest point is around 208 ft. So, its probably about a 40-50 ft elevation change from the bottom of the first drop to the bottom of The Bat-preztel/2nd loop area.

• Like 2

^Sigh.

The camera is on SOB's station. SOB's station hosts Wolf Pack. The cloth is likely a part of the props used to theme up that Haunt attraction every year. Its likely a bit of wind got under it and blew it over the camera.

If your theory is right, why didn't they cover up the camera on top of the Eiffel Tower? You can see the track lifts fine there still.

Just sayin'.

• Like 4

I don`t know where you are getting that nobody likes Adventure Express from. And, they are not just covering the station with plywood. They are covering it with structurally insulated panels, or SIPs. Those are commonly used in heavy timber construction, which is what the station is constructed of.

• Like 10

Here's my opinion on why I like Adventure Express-

- Like a few other coasters at Kings Island, it utilizes the terrain and woods well.

- A unique pre-lift stretch of track which goes a long way to build up the rest of the ride.

- Unlike mine train coasters at some other parks (at least among the ones I've ridden) AE has some decent forces, particularly lateral forces. It is a bit jerky, but that gives it character IMO.

- Decently themed tunnels.

• Like 7