Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

well, the yellow & black crane (bumblebee) stil has a bucket sitting up near the peak of the hill, presumably with people inside making the attachments of the track to the support structure, so they are not "done" for the day, but if your asking if they're going to start putting up more steal? I doubt it at this point. Its getting late into the week/day. It will take time to put away and store tools/equipment, I doubt they put up anything major b/w now and then.

• Like 1

I've never noticed this before, but they have supports and track all the way across the valley. I wonder how long they plan to stage that out there, seems like it will be a while before they get to the preztel loop thing (or whatever you want to call it), which I presume that stuff is for since that is on the outskirts of the ride.

• Like 1

Here is a basic rundown of "topping out"

"The practice of "topping out" a new building can be traced to the ancient Scandinavian religious practice of placing a tree on the top of a new building to appease the tree-dwelling spirits of their ancestors that had been displaced. The practice migrated to England with Scandinavian invaders and took root there."

Source:

http://ebrpl.libguides.com/content.php?pid=245623&sid=2883779

Clearly a practice that Kings Island has not adopted.

• Like 3

Now days, and especially with B&M, the coasters are bolted together, for the most part. There are some section that are welded, but those usually are things along the lines of railings, etc. Back in the day, Arrow coasters used to weld the spine of the track to the support columns.

Man!!! After looking at the official animation and diagrams again. This looks like it comes pretty close to the ground on the initial drop and basically entering almost every inversion during the ride.

It makes me think that:

A. The foot-chopper effect looks like it could be very strong. (Either from the ground or obstacles if they utilize them)

B. The low level passes make it possible for good use of fog and other effects if they are planning on using them on this ride.

C. This is going to be a very forceful ride. It might even be hard ride to marathon (at least for me). The low entries into high inversions look like they will produce a lot of G's.

This ride looks awesome and I am glad that KI and B&M are bringing this to us!

• Like 9

Some arrows have supports that are bolted but yes for the most part they used to weld everything

The ride was literally built on site..hand bent steel rails welded to the rail supports, them the rail supports are then welded to the central spine and then that to the support that goes to the foundation

Now it's all am erector set

• Like 3

Some arrows have supports that are bolted but yes for the most part they used to weld everything

The ride was literally built on site..hand bent steel rails welded to the rail supports, them the rail supports are then welded to the central spine and then that to the support that goes to the foundation

Now it's all am erector set

Its actually called really smart engineering.

• Like 2

Man!!! After looking at the official animation and diagrams again. This looks like it comes pretty close to the ground on the initial drop and basically entering almost every inversion during the ride.

It makes me think that:

A. The foot-chopper effect looks like it could be very strong. (Either from the ground or obstacles if they utilize them)

B. The low level passes make it possible for good use of fog and other effects if they are planning on using them on this ride.

C. This is going to be a very forceful ride. It might even be hard ride to marathon (at least for me). The low entries into high inversions look like they will produce a lot of G's.

This ride looks awesome and I am glad that KI and B&M are bringing this to us!

A low entry into a high element does not equate to force. It is the size of the radii. A low entry into a high inversion takes the force out of it. Look at batman the ride compared to alpengeist.

Look at driving a car. A large swooping curve is forceless, a tight curve is forceful.

• Like 1

Speed, weight, pitch and roll are all factors that effect the G's a coaster exerts on its passengers.

The fact the coaster goes close to the ground, is simply just that. It goes close to the ground.

If that were the determining factor in the amount of G's a coaster exerts, then the Great Pumpkin Coaster sure as hell packs a punch. :)

EDIT:

Just realized with the addition of Banshee, we are now 2nd, behind SFMM, for having the most inversions in an amusement park IN DA WORLD.

http://rcdb.com/ib.htm

• Like 7