New Skywheel at Newport on the Levee?

It'll take a little getting used to for me seeing this giant Ferris wheel in Kentucky, but overall, I'm all for this.   It'll give me something to do when I show up early for a movie.   Kind of compliments the carousel that's on the other side of the Ohio River.  

• Like 5

After seeing this next phase of construction, I would hope that the rest of Newport is improved to accommodate the traffic flow these new things will spur.  During afternoon rush hours and on busy Friday or Saturday nights, its pretty congested as is.  The first exit coming off of I-471 is always backed up as it is.  There are things begin built in southern areas of Newport as well.  Grand Avenue is getting pretty bad as well with all that work there.  

Despite that though, its still pretty exciting what's going on in Newport.  When the Banks get finished, it should be a really nice riverfront to spend time on.  

EDIT: I would like to add that if any work is done to improve infrastructure, it should be done to accommodate the historic aspects of Newport as well.  I'd hate to see a lot of those buildings go.  I'm afraid about all of the stuff going on in Clifton for that reason.  They are tearing down buildings up by UC.  

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Oh, man. I hope they have success with this. I haven't seen many positive reports about the ridership of all these city ferris wheels opening in recent years. My family did take a ride on the Pigeon Forge wheel last June, but we were one of very few. I saw an article mention the Myrtle Beach wheel was profitable, but that's Myrtle Beach. It's certainly not the midwest. Of course, they wouldn't build it if they didn't think they'll have success. I'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 2

Hopefully if this is successful, they decide to make a little boardwalk with a few rides. Honestly, if they add a few classic rides, a Drop Tower, and maybe a Gerstlauer Eurofighter, I could see it doing very well, as it is in a central location. Plus, it would be a hit to people that do not want to pay too much for KI, but want some better rides than Coney.

It's just a dream, but it's not an outrageous one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think it will be pretty popular. I'm just not crazy about the location as it appears it will be going right between the Aquarium and Mitchell's Fish Market, blocking the great view of downtown Cincinnati that you can currently get from that location.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...