2016 Season Dinning Plan changes: Not valid during Haunt for some CF parks

I wonder if we will have that happen down here too. That would suck considering you can't come back into the park in the evening, so it essentially forces you to eat in the park and at full price minus your platinum pass discount. The deal is still great for th eregular season, but this is kinda dumb. If they need more money to run the dining plan from start to finish, charge more and leave the rules at that.

• Like 5

Considering the text says not valid for "admission" during Haunt, I'm assuming someone in charge of writing the copy for each of those dining plans copied and pasted the disclaimers from the description of season passes for the parks which don't include admission to their Halloween themed events for season pass holders (such as KBF).

Chances are the person responsible wasn't at all familiar with the actual implementation of Dining Plans, and thus didn't realize the error (and erroneously also carried it over to a couple parks where Halloween-themed events are included, as well).

• Like 6

I am going to be disappointed if this is true and is added to all Cedar Fair parks. The Cedar Fair dining plan was already $15 more expensive compared to the the Six Flags dining pass and the Six Flags dining pass not only includes 2 meals but also includes a snack each visit (even items like an $8.99 funnel cake) and a souvenir cup with unlimited free refills to the end of 2016 and was valid for the rest of 2015.

• Like 3

Unless it was nothing more than an honest to God mistake where the person in charge of copy editing just copied and pasted from one source to all.

Maybe in error a person who was suppose to proofread didn't.

I can honestly believe that it was a major typo vs a company trying to "sneak" one by in a situation like this.

Plus if you don't like the meal plan you can take your dollars out of the park, no different than in years past. We only bought one and that's more for the growing kid so he doesn't make us leave when he gets hungry and I or my wife can eat what he doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it's not a bait and switch if it's a misprint. Sounds like lazy copywriters to me. Also from reading the link it sounds like you can't use your pass at the one named park for boo activities so of course the meal plan wouldn't work during that time.

And Terp I get 100% what you are saying but my "take your dollars outside" was more directed at the anti-meal plan peeps in general not just for haunt.

Plus it looks from a previous poster that the wording has been taken down in some places...

But in all seriousness, CF needs some shake ups. If it is a change it needs to be mentioned before purchase. If it's a mistake that's a huge mistake that needs to be caught before now. Either one of those are silly mistakes for a big company to make.

Not to mention subpar food service and employees in general...

• Like 4

Oh wow, maybe it wasn't a bad idea not to buy a Platinum Pass with the Meal Plan. Better yet, how long has this been stated? Will people be given a refund if they were told otherwise just months ago and bought their meal plans? This business strategy is ludicrous, if I want dinner, I can go before the Haunt. I have done it numerous times prior I don't see how it would be different now for me. Sure people do have to eat, but they can take their money elsewhere. Also you might throw in that it is really only for 2 months, but those would be the months that I would want to use them and would be more convenient.

BB1, who is just fine with some local flare instead of a theme park burger.

So the only park to keep the restriction would be the park that doesn't allow you to use your pass during haunt. Sounds like a copy paste job that no one checked on. Probably someone last year used it at Canada and this year they are adding that stipulation for that park.

So no bait and switch, no manically sound plan to get more money. Just really bad or lazy web page editors.

I'm all for bashing CF when it needs to be bashed (like last years time restraints) but this doesn't seem to be an important one.

• Like 2

So the only park to keep the restriction would be the park that doesn't allow you to use your pass during haunt. Sounds like a copy paste job that no one checked on. Probably someone last year used it at Canada and this year they are adding that stipulation for that park.

No, the stipulation was there last year...

• Like 1

Define "Flair" in Mason, Ohio.

All I see is fast food and a bit of Chipotle sans E Coli

Blue Ash Chili, Skyline, Jimmy John's, and Buffalo Wild Wings just down the road. That Skyline has one heck of a train set and BAC has a great Reuben. Then if you go further there's McAllister's and some other dining spots.
  • Like 4