Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Awwww

https://twitter.com/kingsislandpr/status/737399565670862853

Lumberjack kitten. If there's destruction, a feline is probably involved! :)

I think it's DonKIPR's way of throwing us a bone about the recent 17/18 question. I never doubted '17, just what it will be, personally.

Could this be what Don is hinting at?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splintercat?wprov=sfla1

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

My Splintercat name theory took off pretty good on here still. I noticed on the park's Twitter page someone used that name too. Lol!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I've worked at Potato Works, and I had no clue about Italian Job when I worked there in 2004, sans the sewer line they hit when digging out Antique Cars (being in view of that  every work day was heartbreaking).  

The food department is getting weird...

• Like 9

Team giga have your eyes on Action Zone the next few years instead.

That's seriously the only rational place for a giga to go without Racer leaving the park. I doubt a giga would replace Vortex, that puts it too close to the seclusion of The Beast.

Seriously SoB station and queue is fully intact, and the direction the station points would so work with a giga.

• Like 4

I agree with that side of the park for a Giga, but there's no room for a coaster leaving SoB station to go without impacting either Banshee or Bat. I think starting in X-Base might make more sense. Really, X-Base being its own "section" without anything more than two coasters has never really made much sense. Throw in a third, some restrooms, maybe a soccer game, starts being more legitimate :)

• Like 10

I agree with that side of the park for a Giga, but there's no room for a coaster leaving SoB station to go without impacting either Banshee or Bat. I think starting in X-Base might make more sense. Really, X-Base being its own "section" without anything more than two coasters has never really made much sense. Throw in a third, some restrooms, maybe a soccer game, starts being more legitimate :)

As is, X-Base doesn't have the means of egress or utilities currently in place for that much more foot traffic to be introduced into that section of the park in my opinion.

I already feel like I'm brushing shoulders with people when walking under Racer.

Also note before SoB didn't affect Top Gun when they both were at the park..

• Like 3

You may be right about that. I generally only go in there the first hour after opening, when the crowds are still light. I wonder if extending it along Racer toward the Board to Death building, and then having the current Dinos pass-through as a second entry/exit would alleviate things some. It would certainly open up for further rides, food, games, and facilities to be added.

Edit: Action Zone also already often feels really crowded to me, even when the rest of the park isn't particularly. I think the lines for the ice cream backing up clear to the big tables area, is part of what causes the feeling. Also the clog that all too often happens in front of Banshee's queue.

• Like 9

Here's an overhead view of X-Base:

16m4c9.png

Really I don't see how they expand X-Base without removing the red maintenance sheds or Racer. Now my understanding is it's not very cost effective in construction to have to do the same thing twice. If those mainteinence sheds are not due to be replaced, then Kings Island would be shooting themselves in the foot to tear them out to rebuild them somewhere else. Now if they are not in good condition and new ones can be used, that changes things.

I used to be on team complain about the box in Rivertown that is used sparsely, but now realizing it is a legitimate structure that was not cheap to construct I completely understand it staying around if it can serve a pourpuse.

• Like 3

If the expansion happened behind/around the maintenance buildings, they could stay, and it still really opens up the possibilities. I don't know how flat the land is in those areas, though.

That empty field to the left of FoF is just begging to be restrooms, though. I know that the actual plumbing involved is not nearly as simplistic as plopping a building down there. But in an ideal world, it's pretty underutilized space right now.

• Like 3

Perhaps the real plans are the ones that Mike Brady (Jan)  lost on the old Kenton's Cove Canoe Ride.

I think this is where Jan lost the plans:

gailKIaug7209.jpg

I've contacted the park to find out when we're going to learn what's in those plans.  No response so far.  I think they're hiding something.

• Like 13

White Lightning is probably the best ride in the world that's as short as it is. I would have no problem with KI getting something like that.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

*cough* Cornball Express. I wouldn't mind a compact woodie at all if it had airtime like that thing.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I'm crushed. This ride won't make us renewal our passes next year.

What a strange change of heart...

DB, hated by a certain person since 2016, and only adding to the hatred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well since Gavin Penn's opinion is the most credible on here stating it's going to be a rocky Mountain we are optimistic.

• Like 1

It's not uncommon on these threads to see folks who talk as if they know everything, and then tell us "but I won't tell".  Then Gav comes along and says he knows, and tells us...at least a little bit about what's coming.  I hope he's credible but honestly it won't ruin my summer if he's totally spouting a load of bull.  I find it refreshing either way, and all part of the fun.  No need to cut people down.  And if Gav is correct, I thank him for providing the info he has.  This is a decoding thread after all.

• Like 13