The beast family

chaos

One, this belongs in Polls, so I'm moving it, easy enough.

Two, I voted even though I really didn't know which one to pick. Every option was overly enthusiastic! In my opinion a simple "maybe" would be the answer, but I could only pick "Maybe!"

It is very possible since they did the Son, but I think we are done. Or at least I hope we are done. I will be very ashamed of the park if they just keep adding surnames to "beast" unless its an awsome ride that puts The Beast to shame.

Heh, that's a good one. GrandSon of Beast. It's The Beast's son's son. I like it.

It's a serious classic, and I'll bet that PKI is going to keep it as long as physically possible. As for a replacement...they may try to do a comlete overhaul of the ride SOMEDAY.

If PKI adds another coaster and the name has ANYTHING to do with The Beast, I'm going to be a little disgruntled.

The Beast is here to stay. His family is small and will not grow again. I vote "Maybe."

Edited by fryler87

I voted no way because I think the name "Beast" is over-used. First off I think that The Beastie should still be named Scooby Doo because it's in H-B Land. The more the name "Beast" is used, the less value it has. What's next? The Steel Beast? Daughter of Beast? Wife of Beast? It gets silly after a while. That's my opinion.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

biggrin.gif

I voted no way because I think the name "Beast" is over-used. First off I think that The Beastie should still be named Scooby Doo because it's in H-B Land. The more the name "Beast" is used, the less value it has. What's next? The Steel Beast? Daughter of Beast? Wife of Beast? It gets silly after a while. That's my opinion.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

biggrin.gif

dry.gif I agree with Chef.... scooby doo the Jr Coaster should still be Scooby doo the jr coaster..... there are too many beasts in Pki to begin with!....i like sob and the Big Daddy Beast but The Beastie has always kinda bugged me in a way...I didnt like how Kings Island Left The Mystery Machine Photo Booth there when they Renamed Scooby doo The Beastie it made no sense what so ever...but hey we have Scooby Doo's Ghoster Coaster now

Edited by Scooby_Doo

THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER DONE Son of Beast! SOB IS TALLER, FASTER, AND HAS THE ONLY LOOP IN A WOODEN COASTER! The Beast IS AN OUT & BACK! STILL BETTER IS The Beast, BUT THE SOB MADE The Beast LOOK A LITTLE SMALLER! AND THE NAMES SHOULD BE WHAT THE RIDES GIVE TO THE PUBLIC! SCREW THE IDEA OF ANOTHER BEAST HEIR! I VOTE HELL NO!

Whoa! tune down the Caps Lock key!

It would be difficult for them to make another Beast lineage coaster. They'd have to top themselves, and I doubt woodies will ever get much taller than SOB.

I don't think that The Beastie should be the Scooby Doo, though. I mean, it's kind of dumb since it's yellow, but if my memory serves me correctly, it used to be straight wood like The Beast.

I voted for "maybe" because there's no telling what PKI may do in the future. I really hope they don't add a brow-colored steel and try to call it "Beast". That would be riding the popularity a little too much.

Remember, when Gemini was built at CP, people said "Ok, now that we're this high up, coasters won't be built much taller than this." Along the same midway stands Dragster - 420 ft. into the sky. When people in 1913 saw the 792 ft. tall Woolworth Building constructed, they said, "Ok, this is the world's tallest. But they can't build THAT much higher." In 1931, the Empire State Building opened standing 1,250 ft. tall. Taipei 101 is nearly complete at 1,667 feet tall.

Will SOB be the tallest woodie forever? Some crazy multi-millionare out there is saying "no" and will soon call up B&M or Intamin and ask for a bid. Remember...if you build it, they will come.

If in-fact they build a woodie taller than SOB it will be along time from now. Think about it, The Beast is still the longest wood and if you build any taller you would surely have to go longer also, just to burn off the energy. Can you imagine how much that would cost in today's market. Also, I don't know of many parks that have the available space to put such a coaster. SOB's record will stand for many years to come, just as dear old pappa's record has. tongue.gif

sobrider, ya butchered the story:

One night, while all the other rides were sleeping, Scooby Doo snuck over to The Racers to have a little fun. Of course, they were drinking, and they got promiscuious, and The Beast was born.

After The Beast grew into its sexual prime, it saw the lovely Vortex standing in its field one day and spiked Vortex's drink. Well, knowing how tough The Beast is, he took the poor Vortex home, and decided to get promicuious. After 9 months, The Sob of Beast was born.

Thats the offical story from SOB_TOM. Anyway, No. There is no way, after SOB was a kinda flop to the GP that the lineage of Beast will continue. I just dont see it happening.

• 1 year later...

laugh.gif You do gots a point... Son of Beast uses modified Steel Coaster trains, and the loop is steel (supports). So it kind of is a cross between Vortex and Beast... wink.gif

In the last FOF tour, that maintenence guy gives reference to The Beast Family... Maybe PKI does have something in store... laugh.gif

laugh.gif You do gots a point... Son of Beast uses modified Steel Coaster trains, and the loop is steel. So it kind of is a cross between Vortex and Beast... wink.gif

In the last FOF tour, that maintenence guy gives reference to The Beast Family... Maybe PKI does have something in store... laugh.gif

Wow, who is this Chaos guy. He must be a cool guy!! cool.gif

BTW, thanks klock. lol

As much as I love the original Beast, I do agree enough is enough! for sure! The Beast name could get real old real quick! if they keep calling everything The Beast.

Yes Son of Beast was'nt as popular or better ride as The Beast is'nt that the way a son is always different from the father, and never the same!!!

but enough with two names of The Beast!

now will The Beast be around forever yes!!!!!!!