Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

On 2/17/2024 at 7:16 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Cedar Fair must be listening to our complaints involving the VIP areas. First Knotts opens a nice indoor lounge and now Kings Dominion is converting their country kitchen into their VIP lounge. Hopefully this is implemented at the other prestige pass parks as well.

https://x.com/KingsDominionVA/status/1759006083320783286?s=20

By "listening" you mean, people are not renewing their pass. :P

On 4/7/2024 at 6:27 PM, LuvingKI said:

Can you bring outside food in to the VIP lounge?

Many times I took a burrito or 3 way into the VIP shack to eat. Occasionally a backpack with a few snacks. Never a big picnic though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoan said:

Many times I took a burrito or 3 way into the VIP shack to eat. Occasionally a backpack with a few snacks. Never a big picnic though.

I should of specified park food. I was just thinking that could be a option in soakcity when sitting is limited. 

1 hour ago, chad_1138 said:

3 Prestige Passes in our household, no Pass Perks showing up yet...

Read the article about it on Kings Island web site.   It goes by how many visits you go in May and those perks will be available June 1st.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Michael H said:

Read the article about it on Kings Island web site.   It goes by how many visits you go in May and those perks will be available June 1st.

Gotcha.  I knew I wouldn’t have any available, I was thinking it would show in the app what could be earned.

I think it would be great idea if they made a smaller Moonlight Gardens replica for an indoor VIP area . . without the dance floor :) .  This could pay a little homage to Coney Island in the process.  I think I remember reading the wrought iron was stored at Kings Island once.  So maybe they thought about doing this at one time??

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rlentless said:

I think it would be great idea if they made a smaller Moonlight Gardens replica for an indoor VIP area . . without the dance floor :) .  This could pay a little homage to Coney Island in the process.  I think I remember reading the wrought iron was stored at Kings Island once.  So maybe they thought about doing this at one time??

They would probably give us the dilapidated version :P

But with a dance floor, they could provide an upcharge dance event!

At Kings Dominion and KI ought to be ashamed of themselves for what they call a VIP area. 

There’s a whole building here for Prestige Passholders. Indoor and outdoor. Upstairs and down. Seating arrangements with TVs. Tabletop games. Heat lamps overtop each outdoor seating arrangements. 

We get a tent next to a dumpster, and they get this. Wild.

I was against getting the Prestige Pass this year and went to get Gold instead, but after seeing the financial savings of parking, front of the line pass, 2 annual BAF tickets, 5% extra saving on merch, and now the beginning of a good pass perks program and some upgrades made to the VIP lounge , I went ahead and upgraded my pass to prestige again. I know many don't agree with the upgrade thinking it is a waste given the VIP areas of other parks, but I do enjoy the small benefit I am afforded by the pass. I had to pay $199 for the upgrade, but in the end I will recoup that amount almost 10x over by using the pass all year long. 

• Like 1

I know many people talk about the BAF seals the deal for them, but you are "paying" for your friend to get in "free" in the price of the pass.  I'd rather see more benefits exclusive to Prestige and let my friends pay their own way in LOL.

Especially since the BAF doesn't get the one time front of line pass this year and since it isn't paper, one can't give it away or hide it like they did last year.  I guess they are hoping the BAF will buy one of the one-time front of the lines to use with their friend....

7 hours ago, jdf21972 said:

I was against getting the Prestige Pass this year and went to get Gold instead, but after seeing the financial savings of parking, front of the line pass, 2 annual BAF tickets, 5% extra saving on merch, and now the beginning of a good pass perks program and some upgrades made to the VIP lounge , I went ahead and upgraded my pass to prestige again. I know many don't agree with the upgrade thinking it is a waste given the VIP areas of other parks, but I do enjoy the small benefit I am afforded by the pass. I had to pay $199 for the upgrade, but in the end I will recoup that amount almost 10x over by using the pass all year long. 

Do what makes you happy, who cares what others think, it's your $. I got them for the first time this year, mostly because I always paid up for premium parking.