Which ride will be the next one to go?

3dgyrat

5 minutes ago, OverlandTaxis30 said:

I agree. It has been done before. Just look at how Diamondback and Mystic Timbers were built around the path of the railroad.

In addition, just look at how Mystic Timbers was designed to intertwine with White Water Canyon.

• Like 2

Hersheypark and Knott's Berry Farm say hi.  ;)  

I think Banshee and Orion both are begging for another ride to interact with, especially Banshee and the currently unused SOB station. 

• Like 2

I always thought that Congo Falls was expendable-it’s no where near other water rides to make it appealing. At least if you got wet on Kenton’s Cove, you could ride White Water Canyon after as well as the former Wild Thornberry’s. Cedar Point had the same thing going with having Shoot the Rapids, Snake River Falls, and Thunder Canyon all within the same area.

I wish all 3 of our water rides were in the same place.

IMG_9462.jpeg

IMG_4566.png

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2024 at 2:48 PM, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

We're going to be seeing a lot of Arrow coasters dying this decade, I feel.

I think you're right, although I do wonder how much Premier and S&S offering retrackings for Arrow coasters might lessen the blow. If one or both is willing to retrack the loopers, it makes me wonder about the suspended coasters in particular. I could see Six Flags retracking either CP's Iron Dragon or Wonderland's Vortex, replacing the trains with floorless trains, and giving either a new name.

12 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I could see Six Flags retracking either CP's Iron Dragon or Wonderland's Vortex, replacing the trains with floorless trains, and giving either a new name.

It’s so weird how I had to reread the first part of hour response because…well…”Six Flags.”

Regarding what @CorkscrewMcPuke said, I think it all comes down to how much a legacy the coaster has had in the park: like Loch Ness Monster. Also, and I’m no engineer, but I think if it’s purely a retrack, and it’s a popular coaster, a park will make an effort to preserve it. I’m not sure if supports are as easy to recreate as opposed to track- perhaps they’re easier- like I said I’m not an engineer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 5:28 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I always thought that Congo Falls was expendable-it’s no where near other water rides to make it appealing.

I wish all 3 of our water rides were in the same place.

IMG_9462.jpeg

IMG_4566.png

I couldn't agree more. As much as I love Kings Island, I wish cargo falls was near the other water rides. Rumor is Carowinds is getting a water ride next year so depending on how that goes, I could see Kings Island getting one of those to replace Congo falls when the time is right. 

• Like 1