Something going on BTS in Area 72?

3dgyrat

I don't have a specific source for this, it's entirely speculation. But I looked at the live video footage today and noticed quite a bit of trees cut from around Orion and it looks like theres a road that ventures off to a building or something behind Orion. I couldn't tell for sure what it was but I saw several cars leaving Area 72 so it makes me curious. Do you think there is going to be something added to Area 72 in the near future? 

Not saying this year, but maybe in the next couple years a flat ride is added?

• Confused 1

There does appear to be more trees removed behind Orion almost directly behind the road behind Orion's transfer track.  Here is a screenshot from April of 2023 compared to now.

April 2023Screenshot_20230404_125146_Samsung Internet.jpg

Earlier today.Screenshot_20240203_143855_Samsung Internet.jpg

I do wonder if long range they may move some of the storage things behind and around Timberwolf to this area.  It is not a ton of clearing but it is something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orion-XL200 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't see where any trees have been removed?

I agree.  Time of year makes a difference.  In April some grass and foliage is starting to re-emerge and change color, etc. compared to early February.  That growth and color differences make a difference in what one sees.  Dormant grass can give a more bare appearance and I think that is what is being seen here. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I agree.  Time of year makes a difference.  In April some grass and foliage is starting to re-emerge and change color, etc. compared to early February.  That growth and color differences make a difference in what one sees.  Dormant grass can give a more bare appearance and I think that is what is being seen here. 

That's what I was thinking.

• Like 1

I swear if I had a dollar for everytime someone says land clearing or earth movement at KI this time of year I would be rich lol. Same with how the beginning of every single season when the leftover dirt is dumped in the area behind Banshee and social media and forums start posting pics of the area saying "land clearing behind Banshee." Whenever I work the platform or elevator of the tower around that time, I tend to get asked by guests all the time "what are they building back there" lol

• Like 3

On 2/4/2024 at 5:08 PM, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Honestly I would like to see more rides or attractions added in Area 72, maybe a spinning spaceship ride or a couple space theme flat rides.

I agree. would love to see an expansion on area 72. 

• Like 1