Sandusky Register: Cedar Point blocks Register

So they will cut out the people that give them thousands of dollars of free advertising on a continual basis and treat them like crap. Solid business plan.

I have stayed pretty quiet about being treated like this, even thinking I did something wrong. I have literally driven hours to and from Indianapolis to help support the park without riding a single ride while there. I don't own KIC, there is no reimbursement for gas or time. There it no hidden perk for me doing this other than loving the park and doing what I can to share my love with fellow enthusiasts. That is the same story for others too. 

I sure hope one day they can again see how much of an asset and support they have instead of just throwing it out the window. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So they will cut out the people that give them thousands of dollars of free advertising on a continual basis and treat them like crap. Solid business plan.

I have stayed pretty quiet about being treated like this, even thinking I did something wrong. I have literally driven hours to and from Indianapolis help support the park without riding a single ride while there. I don't own KIC, there is no reimbursement for gas or time. There it no hidden perk for me doing this other than loving the park and doing what I can to share my love with fellow enthusiasts. That is the same story for others too. 

I sure hope one day they can again see how much of an asset and support they have instead of just throwing it out the window. 

Never let someone else stomp on your passion! As we both know, until there is a new Comms Director, this issue will never change. For them, it’s always about their insecurities rather than how to best serve the park. They are not a fan of objective views. Hence the fact that a few dozen members of the 200 Follower & Under Club were invited out to the park for a construction tour but you and Chris weren’t. Either one of you reach more than all of those people combined - by a multitude. 

As what is always said about the park’s guests and fed to a member here by one of the worst in the industry, “It’s as adorable as it is predictable .”

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So they will cut out the people that give them thousands of dollars of free advertising

You clearly have not seen the many "articles" in the Register leveling damaging accusations at the park alleging conspiratorial coverups and so on. With that sort of adversarial relationship, it's astonishing that the park didn't cut ties with them until now.

As far as it being thousands of dollars of free advertising, how do you figure? Do residents of Sandusky not know that Cedar Point exists?

• Like 2

On 4/24/2024 at 8:35 AM, DispatchMaster said:

You clearly have not seen the many "articles" in the Register leveling damaging accusations at the park alleging conspiratorial coverups and so on. With that sort of adversarial relationship, it's astonishing that the park didn't cut ties with them until now.

As far as it being thousands of dollars of free advertising, how do you figure? Do residents of Sandusky not know that Cedar Point exists?

The Cincinnati Cyclones have been around in one league or another since 1990. I'm a huge hockey fan. I worked for the Cyclones from 1990-1996. I know they exist but because they don't garner much media attention, they're not top of mind for me and others. It's the same situation for the people that live in Sandusky. They know Cedar Point exists, but they need to be reminded of the amusement park. 

People know Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's exist in their neighborhood, yet these restaurants spend a lot of money advertising on TV. They know they have to maintain top of mind awareness. 

• Like 5

Sandusky Register being excluded from media day is just another example of the slow burn between the park & the paper.

SR has over the past decade+ put CP on blast on numerous occasions.  Some of the articles have been valid while others have not been exactly fair to the park due to ongoing investigations and the park not being 100% forthcoming with information unless directed by the court through right-to-know requests.  SR has taken the process of going through the right-to-know requests as an insult whereas I believe the park is respecting the victims and letting the court decide what information can be made public.  Those right-to-know requests has been publicized as CP is "hiding the truth".

SR is allowed to print what they believe will sell papers & CP is allowed to only invite outlets they deem to be in their best interests.

It's unfortunate that KIC seems to be going through a similar issue with KI but I do not believe putting both issues in the same bucket is fair to KIC.  This site/ forum has always had the best interests of the park in mind and has also made sure the comments in the forums represent that without silencing posters.  It's a slippery slope but I firmly believe all the admis over the years have been nothing but respectful to the park & members.

On a side note- I made a comment last year about the chaperone policy at KI being "lipstick on a pig" and was immediately blocked.  It wasn't a shot at the park but rather the parents.  Oh well, it is what it is.

• Like 3