Removed Coaster (Leak?)

GigaLover298

I woke up around seven this morning and noticed a post on Facebook. It was made by FYE coasters and was from Kings Islands twitter?? It stated a coaster was going to be removed and announced which coaster at 10:00 AM today? Is this true, What coaster is getting removed, what could replace it, and when could we see construction and demolition begin? 

• Confused 1

Removing both Firehawk and Vortex back to back years is definitely on of my least favorite decisions ever made by the park. However, nothing tops the decision to remove both antique car rides and the flying eagles for the junkyard coaster. I just genuinely want to know what someone was thinking or how they even for a second thought it was a good idea to remove 3 park originals in favor of backlot when it could have gone into the plot occupied by Firehawk just two years later. Then if it wasn't enough they didn't bother relocating the flying eagles to the vacant flight commander pad but instead sent them away to Carowinds. I just don't understand how anyone thought that was a good idea???

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Johnjniehaus: I cannot agree more! To this day and everyday I visit the park, I cringe when I walk by the stupid basketball game that sits where the Eagles once were.

To say I still miss the original Eagles is a huge understatement. I absolutely loved that ride! Snapping like crazy and every single ride was a different experience.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

@johnjniehaus and @jbeast... agreed!

I'm glad someone else calls it the Junkyard Coaster :)

If the park wants to try and compromise, retheme Backlot Stunt Coaster to "antique cars gone off the rails"

The ride could start as a bootlegger car chase with early 1900s cars speeding through city facades or barns and replacing the helicopter part with a police blockade or something similar. This could even be a chance to have a "Mini 1920's Cincinnati" area that embraces the throwback.

If they extend the coney cobblestone and lamps into the ride plaza, it would make the whole ride and area feel less like a junkyard. Maybe add a small kids are similar to Good Gravy at Holiday World where the empty pad is.

33 minutes ago, MysticTimberwolf said:

If the park wants to try and compromise, retheme Backlot Stunt Coaster to "antique cars gone off the rails"

The ride could start as a bootlegger car chase with early 1900s cars speeding through city facades or barns and replacing the helicopter part with a police blockade or something similar. This could even be a chance to have a "Mini 1920's Cincinnati" area that embraces the throwback.

If they extend the coney cobblestone and lamps into the ride plaza, it would make the whole ride and area feel less like a junkyard. Maybe add a small kids are similar to Good Gravy at Holiday World where the empty pad is.

Can the tunnel be themed to the abandoned, incomplete subway?