Addams Family Reunion Coaster or Soundwave?

Scooby_Doo

Okay I have read that some of you think we will be getting a FoF retheme to soundwave in the near future but what about The Addams Family Reunion Coaster do you guys think The Addams Family Reunion Coaster will see the light of day in PKI? if so where would PKI build this great idea for an attraction in CM? or RT? this coaster would be great for fearfest! and for coaster/dark ride lovers biggrin.gif

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that idea sounds great and would be a great addition to the paramount chain. On rumor I heard was that the Addams Family rolercoaster (a vertical drop) was supposed to be built this year at PCW but was halted or delyed due to license issues (i guess for the name), that is why both PKI and PCW got IT:ST. The ride does sound wicked though

I really think Paramount park will not be bought out because paramount is gonna open a park up in japan and plus too much money is put in to these kinda rides.But if they do get bought out they can always retheme the rides smile.gif

If it is a coaster probably not, I think people associate the adams family more with the tv show and movies that arent really geared towards kids rather than the cartoon show. I think it would be really cool if KI put in a big Adams Family themed coaster than re-themed the ghoster coaster to the adams family for the kids, that is a possibilty considering scooby doo already has two themed rides.

Until Paramounts Parks knows for sure what its future is, I doubt that there will be serious planning for more Paramount film-themed rides.

Then again, they may know something that we the public don't. We'll have to wait and see.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

They need to make the Addams Family ride an indoor spinning wild mouse like Exterminator at Kennywood... trust me on this one.

Kennywood did a fantastic job, theming wise, on Exterminator. I'm not sure I wanna see a Reverchon mouse though. I haven't ridden Exterminator since the year it opened, the line was over an hour for it when I was at the Park for Phantom Fright Nights last year. However, the identical models that are running at Disney's Animal Kingdom.....eeek. They don't seem to have aged very well, definitely seemed to shake and just ride rough all around. My vote goes for the Gerstlauer spinner :-)

- Todd

I would say that there are still planned themed rides for PKI. I'm sure there has been a plan in place for years. Yes, they are trying to sell, but that could take years to do. In the meantime, they are still Paramount and you will probably see Paramount movie theming until it is sold. Any of the Paramount themed rides could be re-named. You would just have to take out any movie props or references.

Having an Addams Family ride would make the park more uniqe and with that said Iam sure it would bring in the money but if they ever do build this ride( something tell's they will soon because everyone knows PKI needs a good darkride) I hope they build it where no other rides are near make this ride standalone I would hope they would theme well to or something like the Scooby Doo & The Haunted Mansion dark ride at PKD with fog and trees all around it and a werewolf howling etc.. but make it a bit more goth because Iam sure this ride would be themed after the two movies paramount brought to theaters in the early 90's.

Seeing this in PKI would be great FearFest wise and Spring/Summer wise I would try to go to PKI everyday just to see it standing and see all the happy faces on the PKI guests I have always really liked the Addams Family and I love the Munsters so if PKI put this ride it would be a dream come true.

^You forgot that there's about to be one here in the good 'ol U.S. It's called Sheikra(B&M) and is being installed at Busch Gardens Tampa. Also, Gerstlauer has a vertical drop coaster that would do the job nicely.

Paramount has done custom jobs with B&M before. Look at Top Gun at Carowinds, a fabulous inverted coaster. There is also Vortex at Carowinds and Top Gun and Vortex at Paramount`s Great America, all custom designs by B&M. I really don`t see PKI adding any B&M products in the near future.

As far as I know, the King's Island workers whom built The Beast and SOB have only built wooden coasters. I don't think they know enough about about that kind of coaster to build one. Really, if you look at the B&M vertical drop coaster, it really would be hard to build around a car that wide. On the other hand, if you have ever seen the Gerstlauer Euro Fighter, where it holds about 4-6 people, it would make more sense.