If you could change any thing about the park

beasiteboy

One change, woulf actully in a round about way be about 2 or 3. My one change would be, not to theme everything up so gosh darn much, leave the theaming to Disney and Universal. There are so many parks out there, Ceadr Point, Holiday World, Busch Gardens (both williamsburg and Tampa) (which williamsburg uses the natural seanery in the area which is really cool, which i love, ie. The Beast through the woods. I would love to see Paramounts drop the "heavily theamed" rides and just go for the rides. Looking at the otehre Paramounts parks, i will take Volcano" The Blast Coaster, Hypersonic, Anaconda (for the tunnel in the water) over the "heavily theamed" rides we have now. just my 2 cents

-rctfreak-

I would like too see PKI more family orientated. Yes they have the "family rides", but there are more things that families need other than rides. Hotels, sit down restaurants, cleanliness, and prices. Prices are a big thing for families. Now I understand that everyone wants to jump and say that BB is free and SC at Cedar Point is not. Consider this: if you have kids, it would be virtually impossible to hit all the rides, including BB, at PKI in a single day, so you would have to go for 2 days, and I was not able to find a two day ticket cost at PKI.com, or in the park info page here at pki-central. So I would have to take an educated guess and assume that If I wanted to go for 2 days it would cost me $42.99 each day, even if I bought them online it would cost me $6 whereas CP would cost me $66.95 for 2 days, with SC included.

Also, if PKI wants to have a "Hollywood Themed" park. It would be nice to see the theming operating correctly every year.

I would have them not sell beer inside the park. And arrest anyone that smokes in HB. That is just plain wrong. I have worked rides where people come on drunk, and their judgement is all screwed up, and they act like dorks(or they barf all over the place). And I've seen people blow smoke in little kids' faces in HB. That should be one place that is smoke free. Do it for the kids.

Change anything says you? :huh:

Well, I'd change ownership of the park from Paramount to ME. Then I'd be rich and create the office of the CHAIRMAN of Kings Island....who would be me. Everyone would keep their job, but whatever money and power that went to Paramout Parks and/or Viacom HQ.....would go to me. I'd be the King of Kings Island.

Have a great day!

Wanna-be-king Italian Chef

:king: :chef:

I would put in cafe theme to scooby-doo and call it the malt shop just like in the cartoon.I would bring back the classic HB characters and make sure to get Fred and Daphne as walk-around characters!also I would do more theming to SDATHC lil punks are ripping the wall paper off that bugs me alot.

I would make it so anyone who has a season pass could get someone else in at a reduced price. I always want to bring friends up there who are not passholders to show them around, but 42.99 is just a little to steep for them. This way, it would almost be like free advertising for the park.

I could probably make a master plan/thesis out of this topic, but I'll try to get to the point.

I would add a few B&M coasters: a hyper, a floorless, and a third between invert, standup, dive, or flying. Probably one of them named King Cobra.

More money into guest comfort and infrastructure. I know how PKI promotes itself as Orlando/Hollywood of the midwest, but those parks are far ahead when it comes to appearance and cleanliness. More, larger, cleaner restrooms. Ditch the asphalt, replace concrete and with the surfaces that Bush Gardens Williamsburg has. Better directional signage, high quality sound systems, designated smoking areas. Clean up the parking lot, add trees/berms at row ends.

No doubt I would like to see more sit-down service restaurants - a start would be renovating International Restaurant into something more dressed down, i.e. Friday's or some sports ba & grille. A buffet like at CP would also be nice. Re-theme Festhaus to something other than the Coke & Movies Q-TV LaRosa's cafeteria.

Ease the ride operations. Place greeters at the entrances. Add recorded spiels, instructional signs in stations.

I'd include parking with the admission price, that is still charge $40-$45, but make parking for free. Also, lower prices on food and drinks.

I would put the train ride back to what it look like in 1972. Get ride of the trees in front of International street. Also I would take out the Nick stage area and the water maze. Then I would add more flowers back into the park.

FOF, some of the reasons that some of PKI's lines move so slow is low ride capacity like Delirium and Tomb Raider. I would also inclued RRR as it only has one train and I waited longer to ride that one than some of the larger coasters. CP buys rides with higher capacity. That's why they win the Golden Ticket Award every year for capacity. The most recent one I can think of that doesn't have great capacity is Wicked Twister, although I've never waited longer than 45 minutes.

• Like 1

PKI beast Im not only talking about how long the lines are. At PKI I notice I seem to stand in one spot for quite awile but the lines are shorter at PKI. At Cedar Point the lines are longer but they do not seem longer because they are always moving. When I was at Cedar Point I never stood in the same spot for more than 2 minutes.