What's Up With Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular?

BoddaH1994

There may be contractual reasons they turn on the lights, even in far less than perfect condition.

As far as the festhaus, I agree, I'd love to see the clock get fixed, but I've also moved past the notion that it should be german food only. Retheme to the International house or something, keep the pizza and chinese, drop the burgers, fries, chicken fingers, use the lines on the far left, call up Schmidt's in Columbus, who runs an excellant German Buffett and add that to that side along w/ the cream puffs and I think you'll please most everyone.

• Like 8

I don't see the burgers and fries leaving Festhaus anytime soon. The burgers and fries now served in Festhaus were once served in nearby Stunt Crew Grill, which is rarely (if ever) open these days (much like that long-forgotten smoothie stand between I-Street and Rivertown). The park can serve the same food in Festhaus that they served in Stunt Crew Grill with less overhead.

• Like 2

that is one thing that drives me crazy, because to me its laziness. the tower gardens could be gorgeous and instead its a crappy looking smoking area, and snoopys starlight specatuclar too, they need to just take the lights down if they aren't going to take care of them!!! boo blasters has been pretty pathetic for a while too, put forth a little effort for goodness sakes, I'm not saying go all Disney with the theming but little changes could make the atmosphere of the park so much better.

They can combine the two- make a Starlight Garden.

What a unique idea!!! They could take it one step further and serve beverages and light snacks at night to make it a romantic point with ambient music or a live band near a working waterfalls (make it work Mr Ouimet!). Many couples started relationships at Coney's moonlight gardens dancing under the stars...

• Like 5

What is so difficult for the park to serve brats,mets and German potato salad along with regular hot dogs in the Festhaus? By not at least serving some German food is like going down to Octoberfest in Zinzinnati and not having German food and beer to eat and drink. Now I am not saying serve sandwiches with that foul smelling cheese with onion on rye bread (which I do like at times) but some simple German cuisine.

• Like 3

^ German food is served in the Bier Garten. Why serve the same foods in two different places very close to each other? Serving German food in the Festhaus would make more sense if it was halfway across the park from the Bier Garten, but then it wouldn't be in the Oktoberfest section.

• Like 3

^^ From what I understand, Panda Express is operated by an independent franchisee, not the park. Giving away free refills to souvenir cup guests probably doesn't make business sense, though I'd hope they would honor the deal for those purchasing their food. It would be very inconvenient to stand in two different lines for food and drink.

I don't care what cuisine(s) they offer in the Festhaus, but I'd really prefer some unique choices. I can get Panda Express at airports, mall food courts, and street corners in any major city - without the ~30% premium.

Try it in downtown Washington, DC. Or New York City.

I guarantee the Kings Island price is lower.

• Like 1

The burgers and fries now served in Festhaus were once served in nearby Stunt Crew Grill, which is rarely (if ever) open these days (much like that long-forgotten smoothie stand between I-Street and Rivertown).

I noticed that restaurant on my last visit...it appears to have been disused for quite some time.

As far as the festhaus, call up Schmidt's in Columbus, who runs an excellant German Buffett and add that to that side along w/ the cream puffs and I think you'll please most everyone.

If Schmidt's moved into the Festhaus, they could just close shop on all the other food choices for all I care! We order the buffet and cream puffs probably once every two months when we visit. Absolutely delicious and I feel sad when I get filled, because it's so good it's hard to leave. :wub:

• Like 6

What is so difficult for the park to serve brats,mets and German potato salad along with regular hot dogs in the Festhaus? By not at least serving some German food is like going down to Octoberfest in Zinzinnati and not having German food and beer to eat and drink. Now I am not saying serve sandwiches with that foul smelling cheese with onion on rye bread (which I do like at times) but some simple German cuisine.

I agree. The Festhaus should serve German food again. I also agree that it should be simple, such as Brats, hot dogs, and maybe even Glier's Goetta dogs (Which something I would like to see served at Kings Island). Coney Island had a hot dog stand that had a German look to it:

Beer%20Garden.jpg

(Not my photo, got it off of Google)

• Like 7

Again - I think we'd see the theme change from German before it's restored to a German heritage place. They just have too much success in there with what they're doing to change it around for the sake of a theme.

You my friend have never been to Schmidt's? I have worked and lived all over Columbus and they serve and cater like NOBODY else! They would run everyone out of the Festhaus if they moved in! To be honest, the Reds Grille wouldn't survive if they moved in, it's not even a question, let's go big Cedar Fair? I know you read this. why I'm posting! ;)

• Like 5

Rip out Starlight and replace with a nightly showing (in the summer) of a 15 min fountain show with music and fireworks synced together.

Change Feasthaus, to "Around the World". The show is different each time it's showed too. first one can be american, next one can be Italian and last one can be a Chinese show.

Do a Snoopy parade. Throw out candy, sing, dance etc.

Finally overlooked usually ounce in the park, but rip most of parking lot apart and build a parking garage.

Some changes/upgrades that I think is needed to the park.

• Like 1

A parking garage would not work at KI. If anything, it would make parking worse. Imagine the same amount of cars that you see at 10pm on a busy day at KI but compressed into an area less than half the size, with limited exit lanes and several levels of traffic. It would be a nightmare.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Again - I think we'd see the theme change from German before it's restored to a German heritage place. They just have too much success in there with what they're doing to change it around for the sake of a theme.

I agree that they're too far removed to go completely back to its german heritage roots. As I mentioned earlier, I'd keep the Chinese, I'd keep the LaRosas', but I'd find a way to enhance the food selection in there. I think the Chinese is good, however the pizza is edible at best (its not bad, but its nothing special). The burgers in there look terrible as well as anything else I've seen served in there outside of the chinese & Pizza (and salad). I'll admit, I've never tried it, so it may taste fine, but I'm not willing to try.

I'd use the other side of the pizza line (which is often closed mid week, I'm guessing its open on busy weekends) and put in the german style buffet. Doesn't have to be anything terribly fancy, brats, metts, hot dogs, cream puffs, Sauerkraut, etc... Simple things that would be goobled up as an alternative. Heck, I'll take it one step further and push the german/bavarian boundries and put up a spit or two and start serving up some Doner Kebab (similar to a gyro).

Nothing too terribly complicated about any of those items, any of them should be fairly scalable to deal with heavy and low attendance days, all would have great potential at KI. I think KI has taken a huge step forward in the quality of their food the last couple of seasons; I'm sure they are striving to improve the quality of the food even more, I think that can be done w/n the festhaus.

Hopefully the addition of Banshee, and perhaps some future improvements/additions to Action Zone will lead to more foot traffic in that area and more regular use out of the stunt crew grill. If that happens, use that place for some quality burgers, chicken fingers, fries, etc...

The burgers and fries now served in Festhaus were once served in nearby Stunt Crew Grill, which is rarely (if ever) open these days (much like that long-forgotten smoothie stand between I-Street and Rivertown).

I noticed that restaurant on my last visit...it appears to have been disused for quite some time.

A merry family of butchers will use that restaurant soon enough... :ph34r:

• Like 12