Decoding Episode 2.5: BONUS ROUND! Second Announcement!

jcgoble3

my guess

• Racer repaint and restore (LED's up the lift and original 1972 colors)
  • Coney mall revamp (new sign pathwork etc...)
  • Small flat ride ( one of the new Enterprises or a Zierer Star shape)

Example: (the star shape is a bit different from a standard Frisbee (360 rotation and rotating seats)

Star-Shape_08.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvslg5Km5p4

catwoman_max.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUdeyc1GdEw

• Like 11

I'm guessing whatever else they have planned is something for Rivertown.  With CF's additions to KI, they usually do something to spruce up whatever area the new attraction is going.  I'm kind of in the camp of them tearing down or re-using the Crypt building for something.  Rivertown is the only area without a decent flat ride.  Some TLC for the KI&MVRR would be something fairly plausible as well IMO.  They just added Tropical Plunge to Soak City and now one to Rivertown (a ride which interacts with the train no less), it makes perfect sense to do something with the train. 

• Like 5

I'd be happy with another Top Spin style ride (does anyone outside of HUSS make them?), knocking down the Crypt building to make an outdoor version though.  They're good crowd magnets.  

Actually Mondial has made their own version of the Top Spin which they call a Splash Over Top Spin because they spray you with water during the ride however in this pov they don't get wet.

• Like 8

^Keep the name the Crypt, but have it be like the Calico Mine Ride at Knotts Berry Farm. You enter a haunted 1800s crypt that is being terrorized by a phantom miner and his minions. Of course the characters can be animatronics done by Garner Holt Productions

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

^ Yes you should. They do just fine dreaming up crummy names all by themselves. /jk

Sorry, I just can't help myself. I have been bedridden for the past day and likely will be for a couple of more. I am going crazy. )

Tbh, you're right, Mystic Timbers IS a pretty crummy name... just saying...

• Like 2

^I think something like that would be awesome, if they did build something similar, what would it's theme be? Mystic Timbers has a logging theme and The Beast has a mining theme. Is there any other theme that can fit in with Rivertown?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Mystic Chutes.... (That was the name of a water ride at Coney Island a long long long time ago... Way before the time of anyone here.)

Then we would have a "mystic" theme for RiverTown.

11ab81de8ca1777227abef5f59911d85.jpg

http://cincinnativiews.net/coney_part_3.htm

Edit: here is a picture. The old mill is the facade for Mystic Chutes.

• Like 8

What is ice cream with a "Sprill" ? Google doesn't turn up much that makes sense.

If I find anything I will post it, but it's most likely an archaic word that was used for "twist" or maybe it was the name of a defunct company that made cups or cones.

Could be a slang word that never caught on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Would love a mine themed dark ride in the old Crypt building, but not sure we will get something that big as a second attraction next year, but it would be a great addition.

I'm at least hoping for a new flat ride in Rivertown area as well. Rivertown, and Kings Island itself, could use a new flat addition to add some more variety.

Would be fine with other people theories about a PvZ type attraction in the Action Theatre as well.

• Like 7

I hope we get some of the old flat rides back we used to have or at least one in this announcement.  Greg said it would be another major announcement.  I think it will be something to do with Action Theater,  something like what Carowinds added with Plants vs Zombies.  I like those black and white pictures of Coney Island.  It would be neat if someone could take some black and white pictures of Kings Island,  give a nostalgic look to the park.  :)

• Like 6