More Materials Arriving at Kings Island!

Im just a fanboy and I dont think I was asking for much.

Thanks for crushing my dream of 3 updates in 3 days Boddah.

Guess I can wait till then, but theres going to be a lot of track on site along with dare I say it, I must I must. Trains!!! Every FanBoy longs to play on vacant coasters trains sitting out in the middle of an empty parking lot.

(Clearly I dont believe any of this nor to I encourage trespassing or playing on park property during the offseasson.)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, by definition of a major steel coaster, I certainly think that Adventure Express, Top Gun, Flight of Fear and Face Off are considered major. I can see them now counting Italian Job as not being a major coaster, but the fact that they thought that Vortex was the last major steel coaster installed at Kings Island is just a glaring factual error.

What do you expect its the local media. Anyone ever try and read the entire Dayton Daily News? Its impossible because the stories are so poorly written and usually inaccurate.

The Dayton Daily News is by far one of the worst newspapers I've ever seen, its ridiculous how innacurate they always seem to be. Their only re-deeming quality is that awesome building they have. I hope its just poor leadership at the Dayton Daily News and not Cox news service who causes the trouble. The Hamilton-Journal news in the town next to me is much smaller than Dayton and has a much better paper yet theyre owned by the same company. I really hope someone from DDN sees this and realises a lot of peeople are not happy with the news paper. I'd even venture to say that Dayton's local news is worse than cincinnati's/ Not that I have a vendetta against dayton or anything, but both cities have horrible local news teams. I hear more about their stupid "consumer reports" or as I call them: "vein attempts to get cash quick" than I do about any real local news.

... of which the definition is???

Woofer still does not consider IJST a rollercoaster. His personal vendetta against that fun ride continues.

Nope, it's a decent ride that is cheaply themed. What was sacraficed to put it in is what was the true abomination. That one ride is a perfect example of how Paramount truly did not understand what a jewel Kings Island is.

Guest kwindshawne

... of which the definition is???

Woofer still does not consider IJST a rollercoaster. His personal vendetta against that fun ride continues.

Nope, it's a decent ride that is cheaply themed. What was sacraficed to put it in is what was the true abomination. That one ride is a perfect example of how Paramount truly did not understand what a jewel Kings Island is.

I agree-IJST is overrated-to me it's not worth the wait. Not practical for me since I'm usually alone anyway, but the only enjoyable part is the fast take off-speed is good. But I liked the antique cars much better and when I returned to ohio, I was deeply disappointed they were gone.

I agree-IJST is overrated-to me it's not worth the wait. Not practical for me since I'm usually alone anyway

I would have to agree with this statement. One day at the park, I was standing in line alone for IJ 4 rows deep and they made an announcement that if you were a single rider, we could use the fast pass lane. Finally! I mean, how perfect does that sound? Use the fast pass lane as a single rider line!

So I get out of line, get into the fast pass line and the girl tells me there is no such rule and that I have to get in the normal line to ride. WHAT? I tried to explain to her what I just heard but it fell on deaf years. I never did understand that one.

THOSE days are gone...sorry I had too, I grew up with Paramount, and quite Frankly, I like FOF, Top Gun, IJ:ST, SoB, Face/Off, Avatar, Reptar.I believe if you look at it, half of the ride lineup is Paramount ERA now of course the themed areas of the park have suffered, but as far as rides are concerned, we have attempted to keep up with the Jones's and I gladly defend Paramount for that!

Paramount was all about claims that they could not live up to. But alas, them days are done.

I have to agree with that. On almost everyone of there themed rides and areas we were promised Disney and Universal type experiences and none of them lived up to those expectations.

Guest kwindshawne

I agree-IJST is overrated-to me it's not worth the wait. Not practical for me since I'm usually alone anyway

I would have to agree with this statement. One day at the park, I was standing in line alone for IJ 4 rows deep and they made an announcement that if you were a single rider, we could use the fast pass lane. Finally! I mean, how perfect does that sound? Use the fast pass lane as a single rider line!

So I get out of line, get into the fast pass line and the girl tells me there is no such rule and that I have to get in the normal line to ride. WHAT? I tried to explain to her what I just heard but it fell on deaf years. I never did understand that one.

Yeah-I don't bother with it for that reason as well as any of the others that need two or more riders.