Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/08/2012 in all areas

  1. In other news, Weebles Wobble, but they don't fall down..
  2. Ringmaster has a point when he talks about finding the scaredy cat. Their fear can reverberate down the hall. Whenever I see a person riding the Monster with an expression as if they were reading the New York Times, I laugh. Who goes onto rides to diss them? Or keep themselves as cool and reserved as possible? Riding an amusement as if it were a bore? Hardly anyone. That's why they stand out so much when they do ride as if it were a mere distraction in their busy day of lurching. (When I see an expressionless person on a ride ( and they are usually alone, for a reason), I think of Lurch from the Addams Family.) But when it comes to Haunted Houses, the patrons sometimes begrudge themselves the party they paid for. They go through the maze yawning, bragging that they are not frightened, etc.. It's a bore. I hate to be with those sort of people in my group. They spoil the fun that I bought a ticket to have. I try to winnow that type away from me. If only there were a way for the Gatekeeper of the houses to lead that sort into a different door, that led into an empty alley. They would get what they wanted, a completely scare free experience, and the patrons that want to join in the fun can have the scares that they want. Sometimes I scream because I'm with someone who's easily scared, and it's fun to watch their faces. A monster scares me, I scream, my scaredy cat friend screams, and it's fun. I'm a patron scaring a fellow patron, imagine the fun of being paid to do the same thing? One has to accept the mindset that the world has been taken over by these monstrous things, and allow themselves some fun.
  3. So what was the park supposed to do when a storm was approaching? Safety is paramount. It makes no difference whether the park is open to the public or has been bought out for a private event. The park, and not the private group, will decide when rides are safe to operate.
  4. It was a beautiful Service, and it was no surprise to me to see the parking lot, and the church, overflowing with people who's lives Keith touched at some point or another. I will re-iterate what I said to a few of us who spent time together afterwards to be support for one another, when I say that: A)41 is WAY too young to die. B)As nice, and humble a Man Keith was, He was likely looking down upon the full church during the Service and said "Wow, I truly didnt know I had that many Friends and people who I meant so much to".
  5. The park DESERVES distinctive music, not the same stuff I can more easily ignore while walking by American Eagle (the store) and Abercrombie & Fitch and Wet Seal.
  6. I haven't been on here lately, and this was so shocking when I read this. I feel like I knew him from reading his posts. I am sure he will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
  7. ^ THIS. There's no better way to say it than that. Nothing gets under my skin at Haunt more than being trapped with a herd of people--of any age, really--who go out of their way to announce they aren't scared, then try to either scare the scareactors or deadpan and then get in the scareactors' faces in an attempt to intimidate them. You're at an amusement park during Halloween, for goodness sakes! On the other end of the spectrum, I get a kick out of watching groups of people/couples where one person is terrified, but all members are still having fun. It's not like they're making fun of the scared person, because the scared person is still laughing, too. That's the point of a scary Halloween event for me.
  8. If it woobles, I think they should just taer it down. I'm not sure. It's just a theroy.
  9. cuase he got his memory wiped out because of the accident. Badum shhhhh!
  10. Guest
    ^Yep, the drink was named "Magnum" and it was featured on both the attraction sign and on queue TVs, alongside some physical cans in the attraction too I think. Some performers also shouted out things like "Magnum did this to me!", which was a nice touch. For Insanity, the same idea would be applied but in more detail - maybe have some queue TVs in the line playing some a news story on the drink and the chaos it's causing, constantly mention the drink in the house, etc.
  11. Stay strong my friends. Those who cannot be there will certainly be thinking of the family & all of you.
  12. Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down. That brings back memories. I had a Weeble Disneyland castle/ set as a child.
  13. If you think about it, rag time music would be a perfect fit for Coney Mall as it is supposed to be what an amusement park was in the turn of the century to the 1920's. On the topic of music geared to the guests, listen to the music played at a bar and compare it to when last call is near. The music is fast and lively and then it changes tempo to a slower beat. They want you to buy more drink, as you are in a more festive mood and then when they want you to go home, they slow it down. I did a lot of research in my hay day on that subject. I made great friends during my research, Jack, my good friend Bud, Mr. Miller, Mr. Coors, Jim, and my good old grand-dad and all paid for my uncle Sam.
  14. They wouldn't stand for long. Harmonic vibrations and such.
  15. Watch what they do, not what they say. The music they play speaks volumes as to who it is they are targeting, regardless of what they say.
  16. I prefer the music the park had when Kings Island first opened in 1972. Each area had music geared for each section: IS had French accordion style music;Coney Island (Coney Mall) had rag time music;River Town had country music;Octoberfest had German music; and Hanna Barbara Land had cartoon music. Now all they have is generic pop music throughout the park. Music is not to be listen to but is to be felt as background music.
  17. 2 points
    I would love to tour Kings Island during the offseason, hopefully when they'd have a lotof projects going on.
  18. 2 points
    Old-school computer nerds like me call them "lurkers."
  19. 2 points
    It appears the attempt to generate interest has fallen on deaf ears.
  20. 2 points
    I wouldn't try to redeem the VIP Fireworks viewing though. If you don't know why, just trust me.
  21. I think we are seeing a case of potato tomato.
  22. I don't think I've heard any rap on the playlist. The type and era of music isn't as important as the mood it sets. Songs like "Rumor Has It" and "Somebody That I Used To Know" definitely should have been left off. Mixing in some popular, current hits can be a positive thing, as these are the songs the current generation can sing along to. Just pick those hits that will set a festive mood, even in those who don't sing along to current Top 40 songs on their ipod all day long. Also, if the soundtrack needs to be audible throughout the park, more and better speakers should be added to avoid uncomfortable volume levels in certain places.
  23. 2 points
    I always pictured Terpy as this:
  24. For real! If someone who was so miserably desperate as to want to end his or her life broke into the park, and was dedicated enough in their sad endeavor to get past existing barriers, they could achieve their terrible goal. I'm sad that there are human beings who come to such despair; however, I'm glad that there are other human beings standing on the line to help prevent such tragedy.
  25. Did they buy these Wax Museums at Sam's Club?
  26. All the rides were officially closed at 11:30PM. Wind Seeker/Drop Tower Closed at 8pm. They actually kept some of the rides open when they should of shut them down. I know one thing, I got to ride Drop Tower with lighting in the sky, one of the BEST DT rides I've ever done, was amazing seeing it at that view(also a tad bit scary) we turned out to be 2nd of the last rides on DT. Also I know The Beast and Diamond Back were still operating when there was lighting. From my list, all rides officially closed at 11:30PM due to the storm being so close, But the earlier ride closing i got due to Lighting were DT & WindSeeker @ 8pm, between 8pm and 11:30 Most of the Coasters were still in operation. List of rides I rode last night when there was heavy lighting Drop Tower Delirium The Beast Diamond Back Firehawk Flight of Fear Monster (these rides were ridden between 8pm and 11pm)
  27. And the back of the ticket saids no rain checks in the event of bad weather. The rides close for your own safety in case of lightening and other bad weather. Ever see the movie, Caddy Shack when the priest playing golf in the thunder storm when he was struck by lightening? Same thing with roller coasters in a thunder storm.
  28. This is proably what Son of Beast was like
  29. Really, they're using a generic feed?! There are plenty of commercial music services that allow custom playlists, so they really don't need any infrastructure at all for this. Many businesses do extensive research to figure out which background music will cause their patrons to buy more and stay longer. I'd like to think that a very loud soundtrack at an amusement park would have a bigger effect than the music piped into Meijer stores. After all, the entire point of operating an amusement park is to keep people in high spirits - and spending money - all day long. Even if not at the individual park level, someone could be in charge of music chain-wide. There's really no excuse at all for throwing on a CHR feed and calling it a day, from an investor standpoint or from a guest standpoint. By the way, I don't think themed music in each section is essential - it would be much better to have a great playlist parkwide than bad playlists done by section. Still, Coney Mall really shouldn't be playing any music newer than the 80s.
  30. I saw The Wiggles at Great Adventure, but management changed and they woobled away!
  31. The same rule can be applied to rides like Adventure Express, Invertigo, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, even Diamondback. You can tell when someone is screaming out of fear, and just screaming to be "funny." Immature.
  32. Note complete absence of news, opinion and noise. This is either the lull before the storm or not good at all.
  33. Yes, and in my version of choose the ERT attractions, it would be too.
  34. 1 point
    Its that new fangled contraption that makes movin' pictures on my magic screen-ee-mo-bob!
  35. Didn't they try this when Urgent Scare first opened in '08? All I remember was a quick glimpse of an ad for an energy drink on the marquee where the entrance sat and apparently that was what caused the viral outbreak.
  36. I wonder if Sonny remembers how to do the wobble since it's been so long.
  37. 1 point
    Fact: This is not a movie about Terpy: Another Fact: This is not Terpy:
  38. 1 point
    Spoiler Alert!!! A lot more trees
  39. Me either-but here we are
  40. well, todays the day, im not really ready for this.
  41. Some did not find the breaks on Son of Beast amusing. Others thought that ride could have used a few more breaks. And at least a few riders would have been glad to not get the breaks they did on that coaster. Terp, who will put the brakes on this break stuff, for now.
  42. The girl scout zombie was awesome last year, so funny, and always kept her character when my friends would mess around with her!
  43. And on land it owned, not leased from a difficult, cranky political board.
  44. Stop making sense! The marketing department has no time for things that make sense, are logical or are customer friendly. Jeesh!
  45. Many people didn't know what had happened until after the concert was over. Very, very sad situation.
  46. I remember the very same situation at say "Who Concert." It happend in the middle of MASH - yes when MASH Episodes were new. <G> I remember them breaking in to report the happenings at the Coloseum.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.