Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/17/2012 in all areas

  1. Unlike no other? Sorry, Don; that means just like another. I believe you meant either: A. Like no other or B. Unlike any other. Terp, equal opportunity clarifier.
  2. 8 points
    Come to think of it, last year at Haunt in the Festhaus. There were these guys that were a good bit shorter than most people. They dressed really funny too. They'd get in something called a ring(which was odd 'cause it was a square) and proceed to beat the livin' snot out of each other with garbage can lids and office equipment to a point where they'd actually bleed a little bit. Security would just stand there and watch! It was almost like KI wanted them to do this. Weird stuff.
  3. Guest
    New for 2012 at Halloween Haunt is Madame Fatale's Dead Inn Feast, a high-end haunted dining experience unlike no other. The menu is to die for and includes Chicken Marsala, Beef Tenderloin Medallions, Shrimp Pasta, Raviolli, Pasta Rustica, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pasta, and an assortment of desserts, unlimited soft drinks and a cash bar. Doors open at 5:00pm with dinner starting at 5:30pm every Friday and Saturday night during Halloween Haunt (except for September 22). After the meal, dinner guests will be the first to experience the all-new Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror maze. Seating is limited, so now is the time to reserve your seat to dine with the dead and experience Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror. http://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt2012/tickets-offers Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror will open at 7:00pm for non-dinner guests.
  4. As you eat, please don't choke on the food, unless you are dying to join the cast!
  5. "Hurr hurr hurr, they ain't scar- AAHHHHHHHHHH!"
  6. Guest
    The park is open 9/23. Hours are from 11am until 7pm.
  7. I do sacrifice watching football for a dead day in the park.
  8. Lots of people are like that apparently. Sundays in Oct, one can ride until they pass out. Most everything is a walk on.
  9. You can look at this from another side. The Beast is still the signature ride at KI. Why would KI put another wooden coaster? Some of these new wooden coasters are very expensive to maintain now.
  10. 2 points
    Do you have any idea the hours I sit in my basement, eating Cheetos, trying to write something that's entertaining to read? If you scan back over my past posts you'll clearly see that the hours to funny ratio isn't very good. Now you want to steal my itty bitty thunder crack, huh? Just kidding...Welcome to KIC!! Revenge is a dish best served cold!!!
  11. You sound like me when the BB props were ar SC! Anyways the theme looks great and the props look insync with the whole maze for the feast. Great job!
  12. 2 points
    no prob. as being a scarector for many different haunted house's (including ki in '09 (& this year)); i find that most places have a story plot that can be followed if one looks for it. just like with urgent scare in the early years having the same story plot similar in style to the remake of "the crazies". but i have also been to (as a guest) places that have no story plot @ all & make no sense period which becomes hard to follow/convey. i personally see haunted house in general as a form of screenplay for a movie/theater. due to the fact that you have set pieces/designs that you walk thru that try to tell a story to begin with. then you have your main scarectors that play as your main cast that are out in plain sight with lines. then you have your secondary scarectors & extra's that help the story pull together with sudden/quick but effective outbursts. so long story short, were here to entertain you as if you are watching a movie.
  13. Wow, the themeing is great in the restaurant. Is that a statue from The Crypt I see in the corner?
  14. 2 points
    I don't even want to know. Didn't like it then, glad it's gone now...
  15. Guest
    Here's a look inside Madame Fatale's Dead Inn Feast. http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/buchers_beat/things-are-spooky-at-kings-island
  16. Some are dying to get in.
  17. Please read the previous posts before yours. The OP was not disputing that the park has sell outs or that the park shouldn't have sell outs. He took issue with the fact that those days had previously been advertised as open and that the information on different sources was conflicting.
  18. 2 points
    Cedar Point in general is overrated.
  19. Don't you dare even think about touching my Dodgems.
  20. ...I seem to recall a poster who posted a list of very expensive to maintain woodens, but it got lost in all the dinn and summers. Some were custom coasters. For at least one park, the gravity of this great problem must be great, indeed. Parks have considered many remedies, from pre-fabs to toppers to lighter trains to trains that track more truly.
  21. Thank you, Don, for helping resolve this issue, even this late in the evening. Your posts on here are always appreciated.
  22. The most I've ridden Vortex in one day is 18 (10/14/2012). On two trips I've ridden 12 times (10/02/11 and 9/03/12). Apparently, to break the record I'd have to ride it at least 14 19 times during one KI trip. Plus, I ride Vortex differently than most, which is why I don't necessarily say that it is "rough." I just think it is a nice, fairly smooth ride with some "personality" here and there. And yes, I'll ride on!! I have ridden Vortex for the last 24 trips. That first trip of those 24 was on 7/23/2010, when I took my very first Vortex ride. (I don't want this to sound like bragging...) In response to khaoskat's post, I also got a Vortex photo (during my 9/03 trip), which was in a waterglobe and a keychain! (I also paid $11.05)
  23. And thank YOU! Terp, who appreciates history and tradition. (and who notes "TAER it down"''s new found relevance...coming very soon to a park near YOU!)
  24. Things are more like they are now than they were when I got here. And if you could care less, then you do care some. Terp, ever Terpy.
  25. 2 points
    I would vote, but I might be a little biased. Aw, what the heck... I'll vote anyway!
  26. 2 points
    This may interest some of you who are into conceptual stages of art production - namely Kings Island rides/attractions. I am good friends with one of KI's early employees who was a concept designer/sculptor. I met this individual from tracking down some of his other early work when he was employed with Kenner toys here in Cincinnati. This is the guy who sculpted the original Boba Fett action figure, for those of you who are into Star Wars While at Kings Island he sculpted nearly every fiberglass relief (3d character, sign, etc) in the park from the early 70's until KECO took over in the early 80's. He has told me several stories of what it was like working on projects big and small in the park. Some concepts were scrapped very early on, while others made it further and few were put into full production. I have always been most interested in The Bat ride and remember only seeing it as a child. At the time it was standing, but not operating. When he mentioned having worked on the design phase of the ride, I naturally asked if he had anything left over and he said only a few pieces have survived, but yes. He explained his work on the ride in an interview I conducted with him as follows: "I was told that we were getting a newer kind of coaster that would be very unique. There wasn't much detail given about the specifics of the ride, but we knew it was going to be different since Kings Island decided to go the route of unique coasters after the success of The Beast. The original concept for the park was that it would compete head on with Disney, but coasters seemed to be the new wave, so thats the market they played to. The first idea management had was that the new suspended coaster would be space themed. So they had me draw up a few sketches with moon surfaces and a queue line leading into a space station dome. I loved creating waterfalls, so naturally I added that in to the design. The entire surface was to be sculpted out of polystyrene and then covered in fiberglass. It would've been a massive undertaking, but we had already done this with the revamp of the Rub-A-Dub ride, so we knew we could do it. A week or so later I was given an order to begin creating a haunted house type station that would serve as the loading dock for the new ride. So out went the space ride idea and now we are working on some kind of haunted house themed coaster. I was told that they were now going with a bat theme and would need some sketches reflecting this concept. It was soon after that I was asked to sculpt up a large bat head to be attached on the front of the coaster trains. I love that thing! The haunted house loading station was to be decorated with pictures of "bat people" and a vampire maquette so I came up with a few ideas that were somewhat crude in nature, but would be refined once approved. Those concepts were unfortunately not approved since the theme was strong enough as it was. It was a job like any other...you are told what you were going to work on and the art department did everything they could to get it approved. Ideas would sit around for months and then all of a sudden management would approve the idea and want it completed and in the park yesterday! The ideas were already in place, my job was to simply refine the idea and give us a heading on what we were working on and how it would be accomplished, but ultimately management had the final say on what we could and could not do. The best projects were the ones where they would tell us to just be creative and come up with something! But I thought The Bat was a great theme and it's a shame the ride had so many problems" and lastly, his "artists proof" that was the first pulled from the mold and airbrushed for management approval... All of these items were rescued from certain destruction as KECO was taking over. They saw no value in the items and auctioned off the majority that remained. I'd love to one day showcase these items for the general public to view...if the park would ever ask me ~Josh
  27. 1 point
    I was reading through some of the older threads and saw mentions of a Addams family ride, what exactly was it planned on being?! Also were there any other planned attractions that fell through at Kings Island!?
  28. 1 point
    I saw a dollar bill get stapled to the strangest thing there last year.
  29. Whoa $48.99 per person? I think I'll pass on that...
  30. 1 point
    Don't know why it was not built, but some people say Mistry Mine at Dollywood is the Addams family coaster. Another attraction that was going to be built was Yogi's Cave.
  31. 1 point
    I know, right? That part is sooooooo fun...and intense, too. I also like riding in a seat that goes backwards first, it's also reeeeeeeally fun! But Invertigo doesn't hurt, at least for me. Even when I don't have my head on the headrest. hmmmm...
  32. No but I heard a rumor last week or so that the avatar project was done and the focus was now to bring cars land to Hollywood Studios.
  33. I was in the final segment of Cut Throat in between the guns/cannon and treasure. I was generally near the ground. Anyway, what do you think of the new zone.
  34. 1 point
    no intention on flaming, but more of informing to help better understand. here goes: massacre manor's theme is supposed to be that it is like a black widow thing. they lure you into the house as a potential buyer. but as you progress through the house, there is the feeling that it is a trap as there is a girl named evil emily who is almost like a stephen kings "carrie". in the sense that all of these prom dates have done her wrong so she is exacting revenge on them. in the past there used to be an actor who would let emily sling him agaisnt the walls & (oretend) to abuse him. this said actor would also not only rock the electric chair but launch himself out of it after playing dead. reports now of days is that the new person in the chair only rocks the electric chair; & that would be it.
  35. And this year, the money from Trick or Treat with the Dinosaurs on September 23 goes to a good cause, A Kid Again: http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/ohio/trick-or-treat-with-dinosaurs-for-a-kid-again And some of the dinosaurs will be in costume!
  36. I humbly disagree. In other instances, rides have been restored after decades of non-use.
  37. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24647-history-of-the-haunt/page__p__443771#entry443771 Great topic by Tombraiderty
  38. If this were to happen it would probably be like "The Midwest's tallest loop that's north of Cincinnati but south of Sanusky "
  39. No nead to be harsh^. Yes, I have noticed that SonofBaconador has posted alot of topics recently. But you dont have to rub your KIC Platinum member skills into his little KIC tourist face.
  40. (Unless he is invited to the private event.)
  41. 1 point
    Holiday Horror is great, and I think it was one of the more quality houses at Haunt. It's very fun, but it needs to be a little bit scarier. I wish the teddy bears would scare more often...no more spoilers.
  42. I don't see why they'd start demo on SoB when there is still a haunt insides its station.
  43. The other topic is Guests Say The Darnest Things. Darnest. Not Darndest. No second d. It's a KIC tradition. Perhaps you could edit your title? Terp, who imagines some users decrying, BOO!
  44. I personaly think that kentucky kingdom has already met its doom. Unless they pull a toy story 3 where the aliens pull the toys out of the furnace it will not reopen.
  45. I've never had Maverick hurt me. The only discomfort comes at the end of the ride when the lapbar digs into your thighs.
  46. Millennium Force is highly overrated. I love the first drop onf MF. Not much can be said about the rest. I prefer Magnum any day of the week. Gwazi is not overrated. This is low rated coaster. Both Gwazi and Wildcat at Hershey are two worst GCI coasters I have been on. Both Winged coasters, Wild Eagle and X-Flight were very disappointing.
  47. Hey Brad, dont forget about the "400 foot giga" that the incredibly informed man told you KI is building for 2013. Le sigh
  48. Hardly. I have frequently expressed the sentiments expressed above.
  49. Pocahontas = $346,079,773 Worldwide Avatar = $2,782,275,172 Worldwide Pretty sure that factored into their decision.
  50. If Kings Island was owned by Six Flags, and they ran it like SFKK, I would never return. SFKK was horrible, most of the rides were small and the only good coaster there was T2.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.