Everything posted by Captain Nemo
-
KI Modifies Park Hours for Memorial Day Weekend to June 10th
I recommend if your concerns are not being addressed by KIPR that you move to contact corporate at cedarfair.com
-
KI Modifies Park Hours for Memorial Day Weekend to June 10th
It's pretty common. 2 years ago I was blocked for asking the attached. I know it is easier to just ignore having to answer difficult questions but that's the exact reason PR is there to handle these things. Take a look at Universals Twitter, they respond to SO MANY tweets
-
2021 Regular Season Entertainment
I felt nothing but cringe watching this. I still stand by my thoughts I put in an earlier response on this topic. I like the idea, but the execution is not great.
-
Cedar Point 2021 Discussion
I would say so, Haunt (especially at KI) always had staffing issues pre-covid.
-
Kings Dominion 2021 Discussion
Even if they were to add a B&M wing coaster or anything else even that won't raise the needle enough to even be on par as a local competitor for BGW. It would take multi-year expansions and a lot of money, which unfortunately I don't see CF at this time especially after COVID pursuing.
-
Construction Equipment Onsite at Kings Island
Which prompted the greatest park sign backhanding HUSS. Please tell me you have a photo of the sign that was on display that season! I remember this day well, I could hear what happened all the way from then HB land.
-
Kings Dominion 2021 Discussion
I've never seen any regional park all but completely remove all attractions from an area in the span of 2* seasons. So unfortunate it happened to be KDs best line up. If KD has something in it's future plans other than a (maybe) freespin I hope they got it because it is going to take a miracle to now catch up with BGW.
-
Kings Island 50th
The golden year is almost here! When Kings Island opened in 1972 it began with a brash experiment of bringing world class excitement of a Disney like formula to a regional seasonal park. Almost 50 years later, Kings Island has grown into the Midwest's largest and one of the most successful in the US. For it's 50th, as enthusiasts and people who love our park, what are you most excited for and more importantly what are the things you would love to see the park do for next season? For me, I would love to see signs around the park showing the history of each location, the rides and attractions that have been and information about what they were. I would also love to see this as the year Live Entertainment makes its grand return with showcases from some of the most beloved shows that have graced the park in its 50 year history. This would include a huge makeover of the grand finale fireworks. I'd love to see a documentary played on FUNTV and daily live trivia of the parks history for real rewards everyone can play while in the park though the KI APP. Since it is the 50th and its stone is GOLD I would love to see that idea transform the perks for GOLD+ members. Lastly, and most grand I would see the Eiffel Tower repainted all in GOLD. What are your dreams you would love to see for the 50th season? Who knows, we know the park reads these comments and maybe they will fall in love with some of the ideas we contribute.
-
Latest KIMailbag
Sent in my question! I asked if for the 50th anniversary (which stone is GOLD) if the tower will be repainted GOLD, also what is in store for the 50th if any information can be shared. But I would love to know, how many of you would love to see the Eiffel Tower painted GOLD?
-
Kings Island 2021 Discussion
That's it alright! Glad it's being used. Miss that ride (TRTR)
-
Kings Island 2021 Discussion
Can anyone confirm that the Tomb Raider loading drumbeat is now played in the station for Adventure Express?
-
Timberwolf upgrade concept
Of course they did. If a plumber shows up at a park they will write a 6 page blog about how's it's for a new water coaster.
-
Could KI be getting a Floorless next?
Mods, can we move this topic to rumors My two cents on the topic are simple, B&M is great but we now how three and that's a mighty treat but I'd love to see other variety in the park. Let's get some S&S, Gerstlauer, Intamin, Mack, anything to really mix up the platter.
-
Timberwolf upgrade concept
Comes down to what is the better monetary option. Spirit Song is the only real event that takes place at the location yet only happens for one weekend throughout the season. If studies find new expansion better income potential then the days of Timberwolf are running low. It looks like it needs a lot of refurbishment work, money that may not see a return investment if done. So that leaves one other option.
-
Timberwolf upgrade concept
I definitely like the concept. Timber wolf is a big eyesore and definitely out of style and date. I've been inside those trailers behind the stage and it is definitely in much need of an upgrade! The idea that it has its own entrance is a big plus. I can see hopefully something like this when we get our front gate upgrade (hopefully soon)
-
2021 Regular Season Entertainment
I just feel the whole thing is disrespectful to the teams that put all that themeing together to create an immersive experience of an active military base for it a year later to be expanded with disco balls, rave lighting, truss, and white screens. In addition I see 2021 as a 'honorary' first season for Orion as many people did not get to experience KI due to Covid. I really hope this works, who knows the show may be awesome but may fall into the same trap as Luminosity. Great show and theatrics, poor location.
-
Eiffel Tower Photo Contest
- 2021 Regular Season Entertainment
I have always wanted a Live DJ at KI since the early 2000s. When Luminosity opened at Cedar Point I was convinced. That being said the location of Luminosity was out of place in terms of crowd congestion. You had to get their early for a spot and even then the crowds left no room for truly enjoying the show. Now that a version of this is coming to KI I am super happy, but it comes at a cost as I have quite a few concerns, namely on its location. The space in Area 72 is already limited and a dead end location. Having to walk past that to get to Orion will be a tad over congested. If you have been to CP during the DJ at the Luminosity stage you will know how crowded it can be. I'm also a bit bummed that this will result in the amazing IMA score not playing during the event. Action Zone feels like the far better location for this. Open space, much more vibrant, better fit for a DJ and disco lights. I see the concept image and just feel, This is too much. Especially after the great work the themeing dept did for the Area 72 last year. Again I'm all for the DJ, just not in this part of the park.- Bob Ross takes a ride on Orion!
It's cute. I wish the editing was more focused on just the bobs and not the off ride.- -3 +3 Game
That wouldn't work with the locations. Read the first post.- -3 +3 Game
This wouldn't work in terms of current attraction location and what previously was located there.- I’m Writing the First KI History Book!
Incredible!! I've been listening to CoasterRadio since it's first episode. Amazing interview and well done.- -3 +3 Game
-REMOVE 3 ATTRACTIONS +ADD 3 PAST ATTRACTIONS (But they can only be attractions that previously were located in the attraction you removed) Here's how it works. If you could remove any 3 CURRENT attractions in the park and have the attraction that PREVIOUSLY was located there, what would they be For example: Vortex -> BAT Action Theater Haunts -> Action Theater Banshee -> Son of Beast Here's mine: Backlot Stunt Coaster - For Les Taxis Diamondback - Keep old rivertown and Lake Boo Blasters on Boo Hill - for Phantom Theater- Controversial opinions that'll get you punched by a KI fan
I think KI social media could be so much better. When compared to Uni, WoF, Kentucky Kingdom- What was the last roller coaster that you have ridden?
TOGOs greatest gift to America, the world's best coaster Manhattan Express! - 2021 Regular Season Entertainment