Everything posted by Hank
-
Kid on beast - 1985
The helix shown on the model is backwards - like the original drawings.
-
CP TV Alert
I just saw pics on the Travel Channel website - it's MF, not MS.
-
CP TV Alert
No - Terp, who really knows!
-
We're Getting Bigger!
http://news.yahoo.com/no-end-obesity-epidemic-20-forecast-shows-194725214.html So I guess that 42% of U. S. citizens will not fit on amusement park rides by the year 2030. Let's just say that it's 42% across the boards (no pun intended) that would mean a BIG drop (once again, no pun intended) in park attendance. Are B&M, Intamin, Huss, and all the other ride manufacturers listening?
-
Met Mr. Ouimet yesterday (Sat 5/5/12) at KI - RIP .....SOB
OK - you win.
-
Met Mr. Ouimet yesterday (Sat 5/5/12) at KI - RIP .....SOB
Why does every topic turn into a SOB topic within a few posts? Enough is enough. Focus in on the other things that were said - and rejoice in the fact that the man is approachable
-
Cedar Point removing WildCat
Maybe they'll think twice about their decision and end up putting it next to Ocean Motion (one step closer to the exit - I mean, what the heck....DT is already there!).
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
2013 - SBNO and no one gets thrown for a loop even it re-opens!
-
Coaster Train Testing
I'd like to know what usually happens the first time a coaster train is sent out on its circuit after winter rehab. Do the maintenance people expect it to make it back to the station? Is there anyone riding in it the first time? If not, how long before someone rides it? What is being looked for on the test trips? I imagine these things are thought of on a daily basis during the regular operating season, but I've never heard much about pre-season testing. Any and all information would be appreciated, but please - no guesses - only facts.
-
Question about the Beastie (Woodstock Express)
Well, the kiddie coaster in the Magic Kingdom just got a name change and the Tiki room is under new management.
-
Question about the Beastie (Woodstock Express)
There was Scooby's Ghoster Coaster.
-
Kings Island: Cedar Fair's test park
Hey - give me all the water parks you got, CF - it takes away from the long wait lines of your coasters!
-
Kings Island: Cedar Fair's test park
How about The Bat, then Top Gun/Flight Deck - then CP's Iron Dragon.
-
Dumbest Ride?
I was at BGT the day Congo River Rapids opened - even got a souvenir towel! - waited forever to get on the thing and then there were no rapids, waterfalls, or anything. It was just a calm boat ride. I imagine it's better now, but that day.......
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
I sit corrected (because I cannot stand too well these days)
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
You would be surprised, dare I say shocked, on how fast SoB could be up and running. I have mentioned this in the past (how could you miss it in 53 pages???? ) a local wood coaster (with the ENTIRE park) sat for a number of years literally untouched. This coaster is MUCH, MUCH older than SoB and was up and running within a couple months with donated money (less than $70,000 if memory serves) and still operates today. The biggest issue at start-up; finding a motor for the lift. http://www.rcdb.com/249.htm SOB won't need a motor - all the people who posted here that want this coaster re-opened will either push or pull the darn train up the hill (and the huffing and puffing involved could get to the same volume levels as the motor/chain lift did!)
-
FireHawk Help...?
I am 6' 4" and used to weigh 300 and I fit fine on everything but Vortex - even SOB when it was operating with the old trains.
-
Epcot's Test Track to put it in park on April 15
They'll probably show how the new Chevy Volt battery catches on fire - and how many pennies it would take to buy a new Corvette. Then again, they could roll out old Vegas and Chevettes to show how lousy they used to build cars compared to how lousy they build them now. Volares and Aspens could be included....no wait....that's Chrysler's mistake. Upon further thought, they could compare fires in the Volt with fires in the Pinto, just to prove that GM lets you survive in their fire. As my friend would say, I'm ate up.
-
Tis the Season to Be Jolly
I thought for a minute you had heard that Winterfest was returning!
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
I still think they should let the train come out of the station, make the turn to go up the hill and then it returns to the station. (don't forget to take the picture). Then it could be called You Little SOB.
-
What are you looking forward to the most this 40th anniversary season?
The new CF CEO said the french fries will be made the old fashioned way. That I will buy!
-
Cedar Fair's New CEO's Interview in the Toledo Blade.
In today's Toledo Blade newspaper.... http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2012/04/01/New-Cedar-Fair-CEO-has-fresh-outlook-on-fun.html
-
LIMs on Wooden Coasters
I would hope that a longer ride could be possible with LIMs along the course. Or, speed-ups in areas of the course to enrich the ride experience.
-
LIMs on Wooden Coasters
With the new technology in coaster trains and track, is there any reason LIMs couldn't be used on a wooden coaster? Not only could the propel the train up the lift hill but they could provide a boost along the circuit. I would appreciate your comments on this (and I'll accept royalties if my idea is used!)
-
Georgia Cyclone Is Testing
Looks wonderful. (but who are the dummies they got to test ride it?)