Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hank

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hank

  1. Hank replied to thoe124's topic in Kings Island
    Many things improve with age. I drove a new 2013 Impala and then drove a new 2014 Impala - I felt the difference in a heartbeat (and that's just one model year difference). When coasters like Vortex first arrived, they were the cat's pajamas - there was nothing else like them and their popularity was over the top. Time went on, Newer coasters were built. New ideas and new technology was used. All of a sudden, people started *****ing about those beloved "classics" because they now had something to compare them with. Such is the case with Vortex. Oh, it's not buttery smooth like the day it came out of the box, but it wasn't all that silky back then either. It now is what it is and I hope is stays around for many years as a testament to coaster technology and for King's Island to have a nice variety of customized coasters in its park. Now, if we could only keep the darn thing from sinking!
  2. The title of this thread is "Ask Mr. Quimet". Windshawne asked a legit question. Why is there debate about Fast Pass going on in this thread? She's allowed to ask a question, you're allowed to comment on it, but this is being turned into a debate about Fast Passes. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next 15 to 20 posts, Son of Beast shows up with someone claiming that they were so happy they had a Fast Pass 'cause they were able to get right on SOB. Someone told me yesterday that I was preaching. Well, son, that's kinda/sorta what I do. But I think it may be time to take my ball and go home.
  3. Hello, Mr. Quimet. My name is Hank Rybaczewski. I'm from Toledo, Ohio. I want to work for you..............
  4. This "I don't give a ****" attitude bothers me a lot - so much that I'm writing as I am. SOMEONE DIED! A single life taken is more tragedy than needs to be and you have this "Oh, let's just let the son of a ***** run - it's ok - only one person was killed and she was overweight anyway, or the stupid ride-op wasn't on the ball" My god - what if that was your mom, or your dad, or your son or daughter? Would you just put them back on the coaster the following week? I'm sorry, but if a death seems to have no value, someone shoot me now and save me the pain of living. You can ban me from the site if you wish, too.
  5. I need to ask....what is "Wooden Roller Coaster 1"?
  6. I hate that kind of garbage - and I bet Screamscape knew nothiing about it. That's a couple of too bads. I hope it gets fixed quickly.
  7. That thunderous decision made by the sixers seems rather doomed to happen - I think they're just dropping things without thinking. They need to keep things rolling. It's the more (ju)humane thing to do. Now that I've got that out of my system (I've NEVER spoken of that chain of parks before!) you will be sadly missed at the gathering on the 8th.
  8. Are those two NEW rides or are we losing Surf Dog and some other park losing their flying eagles?
  9. Nice to see this one again. I loved that coaster. And, of course, it hearkens back to a more care-free era (for me) - nostalgia!
  10. I vote for Top Gun!
  11. Variety is the spice of life. King's Island should have never gotten rid of King Cobra, Screamin' Demon, Bavarian Beetle, or Scooby's Ghoster Coaster. Cedar Point should have kept Disaster Transport, Wildcat, Jumbo Jet, and Scamper. NOT for number of coasters in a park but for VARIETY of coasters in a park. It doesn't matter whether YOU like the ride or not - and parts can always be made by someone IF there is a demand. (and please note - I did not include The Bat nor Son of Beast because they were failures)
  12. I think Knott's should invert their WindSeeker - you know, dig a hole and let it go deep into the ground rather than high up into the air. After all, there never seems to be a problem lifting the darn thing, only lowering it - and if it is stuck before everyone is lowered, evacuation won't be a problem because everyone will still be right at the ride's loading level.
  13. Excuse my ignorance, but is it that critical of an ordeal to put some kind of a motor at the base of a coaster's lift hill to make the chain go round and round? I mean geez - does it need to have a certain number of government-specified hamsters running around in their wheel or can someone just remove one or two old used washing machine power drivers and sync them up to turn that chain? I know it's silly - but it times past, when things were simple, you could probably have pulled up your Chevy under the lift hill, popped the hood, connected the chain to one of the fan belts, and revved up the engine to pull the train up and over. Now-a-days, all is computerized and tedious requiring specialized parts and such - hence, the SBNO
  14. I also blame the Catholics, the North Koreans, the Yugo, the Easy Bake Oven, and Big Bird.
  15. I blame the republicans.
  16. Very nice. No - better than that! EXCELLENT!
  17. 1 - Bat 2 - Flying Eagles 3 - Flight Commander 4 - Enchanted Voyage 5 - King Cobra 6 - Scooby's Ghoster Coaster 7 - Wild Animal Safari 8 - Zodiak 9 - Recar (Racer backwards)
  18. Isn't that rich? Maybe a pair? Lifting supports that are blue, high in the air Yes, they will use cranes, They have to use cranes, Don't worry - they're neae!
  19. Someone stated that Adventure Express was going to be removed. Is this true?
  20. It's blue ice cream with 10x the food dye twisted with pink vanilla ice cream with an equal amount of dye... Can't imagine what this stuff does to our insides... When the crows, sparrows, and pigeons eat berries, there are many purple droppings on our driveway. Can you imagine our droppings after consuming a Banshee Twist? Just for fun, watch this.....(sorry I couldn't find a Banshee doing it)
  21. Well, my jacket was not crumpled at all when I was in one of those "whopper hoppers" - but I don't think that is what you want to know. Suffice to say - Zoloft to the rescue! It's a Prozac nation, isn't it?
  22. I've been in straight jackets (in padded rooms) that were more comfortable than Maverick's restraints! I've also ridden in Jeep Wranglers, going up the sides of rocky hills, that bounced my head around a lot less than that ride does!
  23. Those aren't church pews!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.