Everything posted by Browntggrr
-
Jacket Pick-up Dates changed
For as many rumors that have come true, there are at least 10 that have not come true. Magnum has been sinking for how many years now? Vortex is sinking as well. Vortex is being taken out. Top Gun is being taken out. TTD is coming to KI. CF is closing KI and moving all the ride to CP. Phantom Theatre is coming back. And whoever started that rumor even put forth the effort to make a video and post it on You Tube. And there are SO many more. Point being, believe it when it's announced. Speculation can be fun, just don't take it serious.
-
Geauga Lake Fans Can't Say Goodbye
The only thing that I have seen people say about the park is that it was dead and all the rides were walk-ons. Kennywood operates 122 miles away. I'm not sure how that can be considered the same market. But even if it is Kennywood has not undergone the same type of changes that GL has gone through over the last 10 years. CF is notorious for not releasing park attendance figures. Where did the 500,000 figure estimate come from? And even if that figure is accurate, how do any of us know if that is enough through the gate or not? CF was in a no win situation. Announcing the closing a potentially lose all your employees before the gates are locked. -OR- Announce the closing and pi$$ some people off. CF took the lesser of two evils. Why did CF owe anything to Cleveland? They certainly were not going to the park when it was open. Conneaut Lake Park in PA has suffered the same fate as GL- low attendance figures. There is a bottom line here: if people are going, then the park makes money. If people are not going, then the park does not make money. It is a simple as that. You can blame CF for closing GL because of the Paramount Parks purchase like many others have, but that has nothing to do with GL running in the red. Even without the purchase of PP, there would have been a very good chance that the same thing would have happened to GL. Even if you disagree with it or not, CF has investors to report to. If one of those investments is failing, it is gone. GL had it's fate sealed the moment that SF purchased Sea World. Now look at it from this point of view: Busch Entertainment, who has been very successful both with rides and animal attractions, had as much of a chance as anyone to purchase GL before SF bought the park, but instead of expanding, they chose to sell off their own property. Now consider the reasons why they would make that decision.
-
Busch Entertainment Corporation moving
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories...22/daily25.html
-
Jacket Pick-up Dates changed
So you are upset with CF for when you get your free $39.95 jacket as well as a possible ride change that so far is just a rumor? The closing of GL, well I guess I could see why you might be upset with CF for that, but you probably should also blame the people that did not go to the park. Or is CF responsible for that as well? Blame CF for the high food prices. That is certainly something that they can control. As far as closing GL: CF is in the business of making money. If GL was not making any, why keep it open? And if there are new trains for Beast next year: Sure, I am discouraged by that as well, mainly because of the lower capacity. But let's wait for a few things before a bad taste sets in: 1) There has been no announcement yet. For that matter, has it been confirmed that the trains are even on KI property? And don't show me pictures that has woods as a backdrop. 2) If the trains are put on, it may be possible that additional cars have already been ordered so capacity does not decrease. 3) Perhaps the new trains will give a better ride. Just some things to think about.
-
Great America: New name and ride
^ Yeah. Isn't it funny that CF, of all companies, would announce a project that is in 2009? Oh ya, it also happens to be the same park that is fighting with an NFL team for space. Wow. The spin a business will put on things to try and have the general public support them.
-
The Most Blood Curdling Coasters
Perhaps the title of the story should have been: The highest priced coasters built. Some of those pics are certainly aged. Like TTD still having the engine/ spoiler/ tire themeing. I also like the pic of Titan with the ride operator talking to the passengers. Pics like that are a great advertisment.
-
Demon Drop...
I can still remember when the line for DD was well over an hour all the time. It would be the last ride of the night for my family. At least until Magnum was built. I suppose the maintenance issues would be about constantly replacing worn parts. Just listening to DD operate, you can tell that there is a ton of friction in many aspects. Sure grease helps, but there is still friction.
-
King's Island 10/20
Woah! It really is amazing that the most innocent of things turn out to be a terrible rumor.
-
Press Release: Last Chance To Visit Kings Island for the 2007 Season!
Am I the only one surprised that the park will be open Halloween night? I wonder what kind of crowds they are expecting...
-
NEW RIDE FOR 2008-2009
I was down in Disney for my two week honeymoon the we enjoyed it on two different occaisions. The first day was practically an all day experience, the second was for about 4 hours. It really is a nice break from being outside in the blistering Florida heat. Or on a rain day. Now that I really think about it, how about a Cirque de Soleil? Sure it would be an upcharge event, and probably built over near GWL, and have nothing to do with CF, but what a great attraction for the area! And for those of you that live near Dayton: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSole...ts.htm?c=Dayton If you have the opportunity to go, DO IT! The shows are breathtaking. And worth every penny.
-
If Vortex was Suspended...
Vortex suspended? That might hurt. But inverted? I'm sure it would be a challenge, but a double loop on an invert would be fun.
-
New ride for 2008?
I've been on Chaos once. That's all I needed. Now I just sit back and watch my wife ride it.
-
King's Island 10/20
^ As was Jungle Larry's African Safari from 1965 to 1994.
-
Church Buys Former "Surf Cincinati" Site
I don't have a problem with having a place for worship; or the coffee shop, health club etc. People are willing to donate the money for a specific reason, then let them do it. I just wonder why someone would plan to build and pay for a building like that as a place for worship. It really does seem like an unecessary expense. Instead of spending the extra money on that, help out those who really need it, like Katrina victims. How many mobile homes could have been donated to those homeless victims instead of building that statue that acts as a building? For those who have attended Catholic school or attend church frequently: And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed axed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.
-
Could Son of Beast Accident Been Avoided?
What rides are you referring to?
-
King's Island 10/20
There is absolutely no issues with being part of ACE, CoasterBuzz, TPR etc. There are just a certain few that seem to believe that since they are part of a paying club that they attempt to shove their self proclaimed intelligence down people's throats. Sure I could pony up the money and become a member of ACE in about 5 minutes. Does that make me an expert or more knowledgeable in the industry because I am now a member? Absolutely not. Just a quick story: I really enjoy having conversations waiting in the queue lines. It makes the time go by much faster. Not to mention that you can meet some rather intresting people. While waiting for Beast, my wife was asking about my first ride back in '79. So I mentioned things like the lake being there, and water coming out of the mine shaft themeing, and the lack of complete tunnels on the double helix. Right when I said that, the guy in front of us turned around and said, "You are right about the tunnels. Oh, you can ask me anything about the ride, I'm a member of ACE." And then proceeded to pull out his membership card. To this day, I still don't know why he did that. Chances are the majority of the club members are not like that, but it is the minority that get talked about the most.
-
Church Buys Former "Surf Cincinati" Site
^ Financing or not, the people that are going to pony up the money is the congregation over time. Or Mega Millions....
-
Church Buys Former "Surf Cincinati" Site
First post:
-
Bill Proposes Starting Ohio's School Year Later
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/articles/2...ront/453025.txt
-
Church Buys Former "Surf Cincinati" Site
$6,000,000 minimum for phase 1? That averages out to $4000 from each member. Fund raiser or not, that is a tremenous amount of support from their community. IMO- it would make more sense if the church started phase 1 with the community center and then went on to bigger things.
-
NEW RIDE FOR 2008-2009
That sounds very similar to DisneyQuest. Which is soon to be no more, yet I thought it was a fantastic attraction at Downtown Disney. I would also like to see the ferris wheel at GL come to KI. Even at a low capacity, a ferris wheel is one of those rides that you expect to see at every park. Capacity should not even be an issue. Only because how often have you seen a ferris wheel with more than a 15 minute wait? It would be a great addition to the family rides at the park.
-
Could Son of Beast Accident Been Avoided?
Well if the decision to modify the blocking and modify a third train is made, it is quite apparent that CF believes SoB to be a viable ride worth spending more money on. Even though I feel SoB is a terrible ride, props to CF for doing what it took to keep the ride functioning.
-
Fire Threatens Magic Mountain
I have an uncle in Southern California. All his e-mails have been how difficult everything is right now, mainly breathing and getting around. There are many roads and highways closed not only for the threat of fire, but closed to allow emergency vehicles easy passage. His condo on Long Beach is in no danger, but his fiance has a house that was right in the middle of a firestorm. Fortunately, her house was saved due to some type of red foam flame retardant. On a lighter note, his fiance's daughter is in college out there. Her classes have been cancelled so that commuters do not congest the roadways. So she and her roommate took it upon themselves to be a volunteer to help out victims and those that have been displaced due to the fires. Kudos to her and all of the other volunteers out there! They are certianly some of the unsung heros that go unaknowledged. And on a *somewhat* humorous side: my uncle always seems to rub it in about the snowfall we receive in Erie while he is standing on his balcony, in shorts, looking at the ocean. And at times like this, all I tell him is: "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." I'm just lucky to just worry about snowfall compared to brushfires, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods etc.
-
Teen Says KI Police Pepper Sprayed Him When He Tried To Leave
I guess my question is: Why follow the guy if he quit? If he was a problem, and left on his own accord, let him leave. Problem solved. I am not justifing Fisher's obvious reaction, but if he was willing to leave on his own; why bother following him? They could just cancel his badge if it gains access electronically, or even hold his paycheck until he returned the badge. I'm sure there have been many instances where empolyees hace forgotten their badge and have to be let in manually, so even if the park has his badge, there still needs to be communication notices at the park entry points identifing him. It seems that there are many holes to both stories.
-
Does CP still do this policy?
There is no doubt about that. I was at CP for Raptor's opening day. Not only were there numerous downtime issues (which i should have guessed there would be), it was cold and raining. We went on Magnum in a light- steady rain and man did it hurt. Like cold shards of glass piercing your skin. I can only imagine what rain would feel like on MF or TTD.