Everything posted by welchce
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
I only picked up on Great Adventure, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Batman The Ride, Superman : Ultimate Flight and Great American Scream Machine... and of course Kentucky Fried Chicken. WaWa I think is a gas station. RT is Rolling Thunder, Doosa I can't figure out, SM is Skull Mountain and TDK is The Dark Knight. I had to look up the rest. Doosa is Medusa.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
I only picked up on Great Adventure, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Batman The Ride, Superman : Ultimate Flight and Great American Scream Machine... and of course Kentucky Fried Chicken. But I guess that's okay considering I've never been.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Yes, there will be. And the location has not been firmly established, it could yet change. Alright. So I'm guessing they're not installing on-ride video? That didn't seem to go over too well at FoF. I don't even think it was there for the entire summer.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
With all the posts about Diamondback on this site I decided that even if I used the search function, I would still not be able to find an answer to my question. So any way, here it goes: Will there be an on-ride photo and if so, where will it be located?
-
PTR Magic Mountain Feb 21
Nice trip report. Hopefully some day I'll be able to make it out to Magic Mountain myself.
-
Who's bidding on the first seats on Diamondback?
Does anyone know who that guy is? That's $4,300 that he is bidding right now (and about half of those aren't above #96).
-
KI Central Store
I wonder how easy/difficult it would be have your user name put on the shirts. That may be a good idea for a future KIC event.
-
props to KI Central and the "founders"
http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=815 Also in the mailer was http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=814
-
Diamondback is Nearly Complete, 2009 Auditions, Season Passes & More!
I just got the e-mailer from KI and it gives MUCH love to some particular website... http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=815 Also in the mailer was http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=814
-
What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?
And neither did Paramount. Once again, you could say that for any park close to NY.
-
What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?
As per the norm, I agree with The Interpreter. The only things are 1.) where would they place it and 2.) would it be that profitable? Obviously John and Jane Q. Teenager won't necessarily want/need a sit down restaurant and parents with kids may not have enough time/patience with their kids running around to get them to eat at a nicer place. I, for one, may consider eating there but would there be enough of other people looking for that experience? I think they could easily at least add more food choices like they did with Panda Express. And maybe lower those prices. Since their new promotional campaign, every time I walked by the Subway at KI, I found my self singing: "Six Dollar.... Six Dollar... Six Dollar Six Inch" Yes, i was reffering to the Northeast (Boston, NYC, etc.) because it takes about three times as long to drive from manhatan to florida than it does from manhatan to dayton What about Six Flags Great Adventure? If Six Flags would have made Great Adventure into more like Disney, why would people from the NE come to KI? You could say that for any park in the North East US.
-
September 19, 2008
I was there on the 19th and as other's have said it was basically empty. I entered the park right about 5 and I walked through NickU to the construction by myself with just the employees looking at me. I only had my iPhone with me but I tried to get some good pictures. I also go 5 rides in a row on The Beast without leaving my seat. As always, Captain Nemo was keeping The Beast running strong. Click for Pictures
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
So is the splash down track fully connected to the break run or not? You can't really tell from this angle either
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
New Support (at least I haven't seen anyone else post it) EDIT - I just noticed it in the back of someone else's photo.
-
What a Labor Day Weekend It Was At Kings Island!
It looks like Dane found my brother and me.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Looks like the splash down is next...
-
Holiday to add something big....
Opps. I didn't see that.
-
Holiday to add something big....
It doesn't say the degree anywhere. But it does say... Interesting. I hope it doesn't have too many bugs. I'm sure I'll be going next year.
-
Holiday to add something big....
Are you using Firefox and don't have the correct plugin installed? The ride looks crazy insane. The lift just blows my mind.
-
What a difference 3 years-and new ownership-makes
Yeah, it seems like most areas of the park could use a themeing cohesion plan. I don't think you could've summed it up any better. Great trip report.
-
Holiday to add something big....
According to RCDB, Ravine Flyer II (GG latest build) only cost $6 million.
-
Alright now I had the best trip to KI
Yeah, I've learned to never underestimate the satisfaction of a relaxing trip. Running around from ride to ride in the hot sun can burn you out real quick. I haven't rode as many rides as I did last year but just walking around the park and looking at the construction is very calming and enjoyable. It sounds like you had an absolutely amazing time. Great trip report.
-
Holiday to add something big....
Actually, if I saw Walter Bolliger at KI I would think we're getting a Beemer since B&M is from Switzerland (quite a bit of travel time). However, GG is from Cincinnati. So a 3 hour drive to a family park with your kids where you happened to do some work isn't that big of a deal. But for the blog to mention it, it makes it a big deal (whether the new ride is a GG or not).
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Actually, according to these pictures, yesterday (well they at least started it yesterday).
-
More Diamondback Construction Photos
Haha, that's what I'm trying to say.