Everything posted by IBEW_Sparky
-
HW: Matt Eckert named new President and CEO
As former Law Enforcement, I personally LOVE Jury duty, and wish I had been called for it besides one time in my Life. I think its a lot of fun to sit in on the hearings.
-
When did you join KICentral?
I joined in Jan of 08, specifically for Diamondback news. Ironically, since the 09 season, I could very happily never ride it again. Every single ride ive taken in 10, 11, and 12 were due to simply riding because a Friend or Friends I was with wanted to ride.
-
HW: Matt Eckert named new President and CEO
That, is the most disgusting, laughably elementary piece of crap flyer Ive ever seen. My Respect for that organization is dwindling to the level of respect I had for kinzel (not Capitalized for a reason) era Cedar Fair, and for ME to say that is saying a LOT. I, like Terpy, feel incredibly sorry for Pat Koch in this whole debacle. She is a Fine, Class A Lady who doesn't deserve to be involved in this
-
Kentucky Kingdom
So, in other words, when Hart goes in and inspects everything CLOSELY and realizes his figures for refurbs were WAAAYYYYYYYY too low, He can run for the hills.
-
Most Memorable Vist to Kings Island
Without a doubt, opening day of Diamondback in 2009. Not only was I fortunate enough to be one of the auction riders, but that is also when I met the wonderful small group of Friends I have from this site.
-
If you could ask Don one question.
Yeah, you are likely right about that. I can see how to most, including Don, it could be some positive and some negative on both aspects. I know it would definitely NOT be for me, because I am one who likes to keep my jobs as far away from my hobbies as humanly possible.
-
If you could ask Don one question.
Hey Brad, if you dont remember it, I certainly will. Mainly, because I know what MY answer would certainly be, and I want to see if he has the same thoughts. Another I am going to ask is "Do you feel that enthusiast forums help or hinder your enjoyment of your current position?"
-
Holiday World: "Something New" for 2013 - UPDATE: Announcement Tuesday 10/23
Not to mention the fact that, I HIGHLY doubt that the first Timberliners were constructed and shipped to Holiday World without at least a substantial deposit, if not the entire amount of the trains paid in full. Whether or not the original price/deposit has been reduced due to the continual issues of said trains, we will likely never know, but the fact is that the price of them was already entered into the budget as of 3 or more years ago.
-
Holiday World: "Something New" for 2013 - UPDATE: Announcement Tuesday 10/23
Almost as mysterious as the level of patience that the Koch Family... especially the LAWYER in the Family.... with the entire situation. Someone is very fortunate that the same problems were not encountered at a park that does not have the "Forgive and forget" Values that said Koch Family maintains.
-
KI in the hunt for Park of the Year 2012 Poll
Thats exactly it.... I would much rather see the results of a non-scientific internet poll to that of the Golden Wallet... I mean Golden Ticket awards. Can people vote on the internet poll many times? Well, sure they can, but at least they arent voting with their wallets/advertising budgets.
-
Holiday World: "Something New" for 2013 - UPDATE: Announcement Tuesday 10/23
Maybe Im wrong here, but when we were at the company headquarters for the showing of the prototype I swear I recall an employee of Gravity Group saying that the original Timberliner train was designed FOR Voyage using Voyage as a design model!! If that is indeed the case, Im waiting for a valid explanation as to how the design doesn't work for the ride. I am in no way intending this as a dig towards you, Joncars05, just wanting some believable explanations.
-
KI in the hunt for Park of the Year 2012 Poll
Yep.... I agree 100% with that statement. Without a seconds hesitation, my local parks are ranked like this: 1)Holiday World (by a landslide IF Voyage really is running as well as people say it did this year) 2)Cedar Point 3)KI Edited, due to a LONG day at a vehicle auction frying my brain into making me list these as OHIO parks, even though my normal conscious mind knows HW is in Indiana lol.
-
"Walley World" moments
Had a great mid-August Friday trip to KI planned out, and looked forward to spending the day with Kwindshawne, Indyguy4Ki, and a couple of others. That well-laid plan lasted until my Cobra shattered the tailhousing on the transmission at 80+ at I-74 mile marker 143 in Southeast Indiana. It took every bit of will power I had to NOT buy a for sale sign while I was waiting at the Petro truck stop for the flatbed to bring me and the Cobra back home.
-
CoasterMania 2013
You know what actually makes it the PERFECT time in the season?? Its that all but 2 Northern Ohio schools are still in session on that day!! I do wish they would have it include some kind of ERT on Saturday.... say from 7 or 8 am to 10am.... but other than that I Love the fact its a one day event, and on a Friday. Avatar, Indyguy4KI, and I attempted both days of CM2011, and we ended up going back to the hotel and sleeping for about 3 hours on Saturday afternoon because the Friday ERT until 1am and then coming back for 530am ERT on Saturday was just ludicrous.
-
Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed
Actually Stan, at that point, they will temporarily suspend sales of Dippin Dots, and sell nothing but cups and cones of scooped ice cream. You know, nostalgia and all.
- Beast Buzz
-
HoliWood Nights 2013
@TombRaiderFTW..... You are absolutely right about the effect that nightfall has on the coasters at the Event. Raven is amazing at night, but Voyage at night is something that defies verbal explaination! There are absolutely NO lights around that coaster anywhere but the lift hill, and it is honestly the one single coaster Ive ever ridden where it truly feels that the tracks are not going to hold that train. The speed and intensity of that ride, combined with the pure darkness, gives it a truly 100% out of control feeling.
-
Flight of Fear Valleys
The three(?) times its happened, its been referred to appropriately as stalling.
-
Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed
'Nuff said. Moving on....
-
Dinosaurs Alive updated in 2013?
Malem, I agree 100% with you on how an attraction like DA can give a nice, much needed break from the hustle and bustle. I am actually going to make a point of going through DA at KI, CP, and WoF this year when I am at the parks. It will be my first time through any of them (obviously on WoF since 2013 will be the first year of the attraction there), and I think it will give me a nice break and much needed isolation from time spent in coaster queues.
-
Dinosaurs Alive updated in 2013?
Having over 11 years of commercial construction experience as a Union Journeyman Electrician (as my name alludes) and I am quite aware of what is involved with the logistics of clearing an area that has a large amount of trees, and possibly less-than-ideal topographical conditions. I was, and still am, referring to the possibility of placing a coaster in that area. They did it with Beast in 1979, they sure as H**l can do it there in 2012/13/14. Would it be an EASY undertaking? Not really, and with the much more clear area where SOB used to reside, it is not likely. THAT part of your statement I will agree with. Im truly not trying to be a jerk-off here (there are three too many of those on this site as it is), but I have read enough of your previous posts that I feel I am justified in making a statement about the lack of tact in a good number of them. Now, if you are, or were in some way connected with the park or the industry (which I have a feeling you are, due to who I think you may be and simply using a newly created profile/username) then stating such would go a long way in solidifying your credibility, as I did in the beginning of my post. I truly do apologize if I am seeming to come off harsh, and I could possibly be reading too much into the statement due to the inherent lack of ability to read emotion/intent in a written word as opposed to a spoken one, but I simply had to get it off my chest and out in the open. I would also like to reply to CoasterGeeks statement, and say that COULD possibly be avoided by creating a path to access the ride without actually going through the DA attraction.
-
Dinosaurs Alive updated in 2013?
In all seriousness, after studying the Google Maps image, a coaster installation that ties in with DA isnt that far-fetched at all. Have the station in the general area between/behind AE and FoF, with it travelling southeast alongside Firehawk, with an overbank turn across the service road where the boneyard currently is. I could see it being a wing-rider with the name Pterodactyl or something of that sort.
-
HoliWood Nights 2013
^I still remember the stories of what you endured, as told by you Saturday morning at breakfast before engaging in WIldebeest ERT, and you being less-than-amused lol.
-
Dinosaurs Alive updated in 2013?
You would have to also bring the admission price to $11.50 per ticket to make the newly installed Dickosaurus happy. Oh.. and "Flame-osaurus Rex" literally had me nearly falling off my sofa laughing!! :lol: Sparky, still giggling as I type.
-
HoliWood Nights 2013
Edited to delete... its just not worth it.