Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IBEW_Sparky

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by IBEW_Sparky

  1. "A notable feature of Bolliger & Mabillard roller coasters is the box-section track. The running rails are connected to a box-section spine, instead of the circular spine used by other manufacturers. When a train travels around a box-section track, it creates a distinctive roaring sound, which is unique to this style of track. However, on some Boliiger & Mabillard roller coasters, such as Talon at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, the tracks filled with sand to reduce this noise.[28]" While this information was C and Ped from Wiki, the information was initially gathered from "Talon Review" on americacoasters.com... as is stated in note 28.
  2. Did anyone happen to offer an explanation as to WHY they made the decision to eliminate one of the most beautiful sounds on all Earth by filling the tracks with sand????
  3. Dont lecture me about contractors, I AM a Contractor, so its not "exactly that". Terp, I know what you are saying, and I understand, but believe me we know far well enough in advance about jobs... especially ones of this magnitude... to be able to reasonably say "The work will start on or AROUND X date". Furthermore, I dont "care" enough to even consider driving to this park every day for any reason, especially this! I also understand, Terp, about things that may need to be done before commencement of said job. Again, what Im saying is, transparency will eliminate the foolish rumors that we all dislike and Love to pound into the ground. THAT, is the point. Sorry, taking care of two posts in one, so I dont double post.
  4. See, Im sorry to beat a dead horse, but THIS is what p***es me off about the way parks are run, and the PR departments in general. All anyone wants to know, is when demolition on SOB is going to commence. I am one who would truly enjoy taking pics of it, not because I hate SOB (though I do), but because I enjoy keeping records of things like this. Do you think I wouldnt have been front row center for the demolition of Villain had I known exactly what day it was going to start?? Instead of letting foolish "demolition will start next week, I got it from my mother's brother's son's second cousin who works as a sweep in Rivertown"rumors start and snowball, simply state "We have decided to start demolition of Son of Beast on September 8th" or whatever date it may possibly be. OK, off the soapbox, and I will never be convinced that its better to NOT announce things like this than it is TO announce them.
  5. Turkey Whirl is fun, and so are their version of the Dodge'Ems. The bodies of the cars are shaped like animals, and the State of Indiana is much more forgiving than the State of Ohio when it comes to safety regs (that, or HW has far less uptight insurance agents than KI) and they are actually FAST, and worth riding.
  6. HAHAHA! Thrill_Biscuits photo and caption reminded me of this!!!
  7. RCCA should have been named LGRLG (Looks Great Runs Like Garbage)
  8. Now, Im not saying I would, wouldnt, have, or have not done this.... but there are great sun/spy glasses available on eBay for under $100, and would theoretically be perfect for daytime POVs for private storage on ones computer, provided a person didnt mind not having audio due to windnoise on the substandard mic.
  9. Yes, I cannot believe I let Dragster scare me for 8 years before finally getting the courage to ride it last year at Coastermania with Avatar and Indyguy4KI. It still gives me a HUGE rush, and my front seat ride last Friday was like nothing Ive ever in my Life experienced. And FYI, its 17 seconds.
  10. Not to mention that, but I must admit that I got GREAT pleasure and amusement last Friday, watching a line of 30 or so Fast Laners standing outside Millies station in a nice, cold, Lake Erie downpour while I, a simple lowly Platinum Pass holder, was nice and dry inside the station thinking to myself "Hehe, hows that extra $65 (NOT $55) treating you now?". Yes, Im a jerk when it comes to things like that, sorry.
  11. A-HA! So THATS why we got this information. It wasnt from DON at all, it was his evil, information giving twin, JIM!!
  12. This, has to be the stupidest thing Ive ever read. There are no less than 4 projects in Vegas that have been shuttered, and gone unfinished, since the crash in 2008. The only two ongoing projects that were finished as planned were City Center, and the Wynn Resort. Las Vegas has proven that it cannot support itself in this current Economy, and the Economy we can all expect to contend with for the forseeable future. To me, this is equally as foolish/ignorant/asanine as the "compensation" contest that kinzel and Gary Story had in the early 2000s. We all see how well that turned out. 550 foot ferris wheel indeed... what a bunch of jerkoffs.
  13. Yes, I thought about Volcano after I posted, that is a great ride! I understand that was likely a play on words on your part, but the point still stands that its a great ride IMHO. In regards to the "If it was still there, it wouldnt operate" comment.... wisely dont get me started on GL.
  14. Kings Dominion has more rides that suit my likes (KI has NOTHING remotely comparable to I305), they got the GOOD coaster from GL (that should still be there) in the Dominator vs Firehawk battle, my personal thought is that KD has better Guest Relations and general employee attitude (granted, this was last year pre-Ouimet, and Ive heard rave reviews about the employees at KI this year), and the general look of KD is leaps and bounds above the appearance of KI, due to the more wooded nature of KD. Given the choice, I would personally far prefer to live 2 hours from KD than from KI like I do now.
  15. Haha, SWEET! I decided last week on a whim to go to the Point this coming Thursday, since I will be at the Indy Speedway Friday, Moving Saturday, and back to the Speedway on Sunday. My reason for going was to get final rides on Disaster Transport, and had NO idea about the Platinum Pass night for TTD. Some things I just luck into. EDIT: I wear contacts, so I wear sunglasses during the day and shooting glasses at night for vision on the rides and to keep from losing my contacts due to the wind, and the strap I use on both hold them just fine on TTD.
  16. As hard (nearly impossible) as it is to honestly compare two coasters, due to the different things each coaster is designed to accomplish, I feel that Voyage does what its supposed to do better than The Beast does what its supposed to do. Beast is cool, Voyage is cool, but IMHO Voyage is a "better" coaster due to what I like in a coaster.
  17. Or, maybe we are NOT thinking too much, and simply having fun with the clues (which some should get one of) and making fun guesses. Seriously, even with the fact that Cedar Fair now has a CEO with imagination and more than a black and white money mind, I know better than to think for a New York minute that they would use the scientific name of a bat as a name for a roller coaster, nor would they go through the process of searching a thesaurus to find a synonym for the word Banshee. I do it, because I have that type of mind, and am thinking about 10 things from 20 different angles when most are thinking of 2 at best.
  18. , This, makes me a little bit sad. I was hoping that DT would remain open for the rest of the season, as I can now say that my last ride ever on DT was Tuesday, May 29, 2012. EDIT: I thought I may have had it, but the scientific name for "bat" (Chiroptera) has one too many letters.
  19. I have to actually agree with the post browntggrr made! We now have a pretty much across-the-board "no hot" policy when it comes to equipment we are working on, including changing of receptacles and switches. When we HAVE to work a hot panelboard (Hospital, server room, life-safety/fire alarm panel) we are now bound by Policy to wear an NFPA 70 compliant arc-flash suit. If you think 120v AC wont kill you, or blind you in an arc-flash.... you are "dead" wrong.
  20. That, is exactly it!! I dont care if that park got the most incredible collection of my favorite coasters and flats ever assembled in one area, unless I was allowed to carry my SIG in the park, or have an armed Officer next to me from the time I got out of my car until the time I got back in it, Id never even consider coming on property.
  21. I never thought Id say this, but in light of personal thoughts about the way things have been handled in southwest Indiana concerning a certain #1 coaster, I would far prefer to see a GCI like Prowler come to KI than I would anything by GGI
  22. I think this is a question that would be best answered by a PR Guy (hint hint) and a good, clear explanation of the Perks benefits and how the Tier system works would definitely make PR Guys look good in some peoples eyes who otherwise have less than stellar opinions of PR Guys.
  23. Its a GREAT watch, watch it!!!! You arent encouraging, not one bit, you are enjoying the sight of an EMPTY park and how things look when they are dormant. That was the only thing I enjoyed fully about the GOCC Winter Party at CP, the park tour when it was closed. Its a great vid and you have the opportunity to vicariously do something that would get you tossed in the slammer if you did it yourself. As a former LEO, I can say.... Is it "against the rules"? Well, yes it is. However, no one was injured, defamed, morally damaged, and no proprietary or intellectual information was gained/lost in this adventure so enjoy it for what it is. Edit to say.... if I could do this around the GL property without getting arrested, you can bet your last dollar Id be on my way to Aurora as we speak!!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.