Everything posted by IBEW_Sparky
-
Recently dismantled B&M?
Yep, thats the track and support pieces I saw on I-70... solves that mystery lol.
-
Recently dismantled B&M?
OK, after further investigation, it has been determined that Scott is an idiot! I was mistaken, it was not B&M track, the spine looks more along the lines of Arrow or Vekoma track.
-
Recently dismantled B&M?
Two things make that not possible... 1)There would be no logical reason for a semi to be west of Indianapolis traveling east if it had pieces of Chang on its trailer, a coaster previously located 2 hours southeast of Indy 2)Chang had yellow track, not dark orange.
-
Recently dismantled B&M?
OK, for those of you that follow this MUCH more closely than I do, I am curious as to something I saw today. I was eastbound on I-70 just west of Indy, and I passed a semi with a flatbed trailer, which was loaded with what I am 100% certain to be sections of used B&M track and supports. What B&M coaster was dismantled this year that was located west of Indiana? The supports were blue and the track was orange.
-
Waldameer Announces 3 New Rides
Well, yes. Or, in some people's case.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gulmuaL-AmU&feature=fvw
-
Video: Radiator Springs Racer looks like giant slot-car track
OK, thanks for the insight tycoonrebel, I didnt think they would go through the time/effort/expense of creating an attraction of this magnitude and then have such a short ride experience, but then I remembered Rocket Rods and figured it could be a distinct possibility.
-
Video: Radiator Springs Racer looks like giant slot-car track
I think its cool in concept, and I really enjoyed Test Track.... my problem with Radiator Springs is it looks like it is only about 30 seconds in duration, if that. Considering the wait times likely for this ride, it puts it squarely in the "X hours for this, really?" territory.
-
Late Holiday World 2010 PTR
Well, your explanation of Voyage was summed up in your photo of the Timberliner train and seeing the blue PTC train parked next to it on the storage track. The red train, though "modified" to fit and run "properly" on Voyage's track does anything BUT run properly on that track. The ride is still just as good with the blue PTC, which is why I would reverse line jump intentionally to avoid the red train and all of its jackhammering "goodness".
-
KI Gay Pride 2010 Info!
A number of reasons...the main one being Id just rather make a donation to the Cause in a way that will allow them to recieve the entire amount. There are other reasons, but thats the one I will go with publicly.
-
KI Gay Pride 2010 Info!
Nah, next year Im just going to make a donation to the Cause and forego the event entirely.
-
Big Dipper at Geauga Lake, Now What?
Words cannot even begin to describe the feelings I am having over this... anger being a BIG one.... so I am simply going to join Terpy for a cry. This... really.... SUCKS!!!
-
Big Dipper for sale... Again!?
I got an email from Geauga Lake Today linking me to this... I cant even find words to describe how I feel about it. Terpy, the way You felt when GASM was being demolished is very, very similar to how I feel about this news I read today.
-
KI Gay Pride 2010 Info!
R_S... of course I got them done, I approved the artwork last Friday and it looks incredible. They were finished yesterday and Im picking them up Thursday.
-
KI Gay Pride 2010 Info!
One week from today...WOO HOO!! Im looking forward to this one
-
Holiday World 2011
I am thinking any announcement as to 2011 additions to the park will be made Sep 18th.
-
Holiday World Contest
Every single statement Terpy made here reflects my thoughts entirely regarding Pat Koch!!
-
Halloween Haunt to Feature Half-Pint Brawlers
Death match in a ring built on top of the pool where the Fountiains are. Come on guys, No Limits, remember?
-
Halloween Haunt to Feature Half-Pint Brawlers
Gordon, that photo says 2000 very appropriate words about this idea.... two "this is just too foolish for words" facepalms!!
-
Coaster Events in 2010
Well, YEAH!! LOL, lets see here... Orlando or mason.... hmmmm tough one there!
-
Coaster Events in 2010
As a GOCC Member, looking at the Fall Freakout schedule again truly makes me wish that re-entry was allowed during the haunt nights. Though I want to do the lights on tours (the only time I desire to go through one of them) and I really would Love the Midnight Beast ride, just for the formality of getting my one Beast night ride in this season, the whole idea of spending 5 hours in an (IMHO) over-fogged mess really makes me want to say "no-go". My morbid curiosity as to what is going on in the SOB station is likely going to be the thing that persuades me to do it.... at least for the few daytime events that are scheduled.
-
NEW FOR 2011
Whoever happened to BUY that Captain if he wishfully WAS for sale, would certainly be getting a sub-prime purchase!! I do find it interesting to note that, at least from what is said in that article, a certain person of Sparks seemed to be close to correct when throwing a 400 foot Star Flyer shot in the dark a few pages back that some vehemently stated could not possibly happen. As Terp says, breaking down and Interpreting the correct things is always an advantage.
-
NEW FOR 2011
Well, first clue is out, and all it ended up being was a scrambled word that translated to "airtime"... Facebook page officially disliked, wake me when its over and as soon as someone has some genuine info.
-
NEW FOR 2011
Agreed, and the precise reason Ive never saddled (or in my mind anchored) myself with that title by any means.
-
NEW FOR 2011
I feel that, instead of simply trying to up their FB "fans", some of whom will dump the page as soon as its announced (myself being one of those), they just need to stop being the "Amusement park CIA" and announce the attraction and be done with it. The whole secrecy thing just never did it for me and I truly never understood it..... announce it and let people follow the construction during the offseason if they wish to, and decide if its an attraction they are interested in. Then again, if they did that, Lance's website would be pretty much dead!
-
"Spend" a day at Kings Island
I totally agree Terpy.... my days of mach 10 running around a park to set some record amount of rides on this that or the other coaster that really doesnt mean a thing are long over. I want to enjoy it and not wear myself to death mentally and physically over-planning and over-analyzing my days at a place I am trying to enjoy myself at. Extra large crowds cause enough aggrivation for me LOL... I dont need any more.