Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KIfan73

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KIfan73

  1. Hopefully, people let Kings Island directly know how they feel about Halloween Haunt (or anything else related to the park), good or bad.
  2. Of course, there are the new Yogi and Smurf movies coming out in the next year. It's a crying shame that Yogi's Picnic Basket restaurant never saw the light of day. What a great Rivertown restaurant that could have made!
  3. Fascinating info in this topic. We are so lucky to have such knowledgeable people on here. Those Hanna Barbara Land sketches are some of the coolest things I've seen in awhile. If I didn't know any better, those buildings look like they could have lined International Street. I can't help but wonder if H-B is still popular enough for a H-B park, or park area to go over. I know I'd go!
  4. KIfan73 replied to KIfan73's topic in Trip Reports
    I don't normally visit that close to school starting, but it was nice to snag one more summertime visit. Thanks.
  5. PC load letter?
  6. KIfan73 posted a topic in Trip Reports
    Yes, this TR is from over a month ago, but I've been so busy since then, I haven't had time to post my pics. I took some photos from some not-so-normal views, so I wanted to share them. It was very hot this day, so I took several rides on Congo-including a, wait for it,...Zen ride on Congo! Yes, even though this was a crowded ride on this day, I actually ended up at one point having a whole raft to myself. I also tried the backyard bbq this trip. I think it's a good deal (especially for gold pass holders), and the facility is great. However, I felt a little bit isolated way back there, and kind of missed the Festhaus. Oh well, never hurts to try something new. Of course, as always, took some obligatory KI shots. Enjoy!
  7. Wow, I almost got up this morning and headed for the park (1.5 hr drive), I would have never imagined that it wasn't open all day.
  8. I was standing there a year ago tonight. Wow, what a surprise I got!
  9. In the '90's, I ate at Wing's a lot. Then, for several years - early to mid 2000's - my day at KI wasn't complete until I had pizza at RT LaRosa's. After that, for a couple years, I really liked BBSS. I always like anything that reminds me of "old Kings Island". Now, for the last two or three years, I really like eating at the Festhaus-always cheese pizza with some jalapenos off the "salad" bar. If you can't tell, where I eat my meals at the park is a really important, fun part of my day there. On my last visit about a month ago, I tried the Backyard BBQ. I think that the facility is really nice back there, but I missed my Festhaus LaRosas....
  10. I would like a new coaster similar to AE, but just in a different area of the park, just to be able to check out the scenery.
  11. Wow, I love that pic. And, to think, I was actually in that area once, but don't remember it. Wow, another porpoise thread. There's been a lot of talk on here lately about porpoises.
  12. I've been wrestling with whether to leave a short post on this topic or not...
  13. Are there rides already installed in other parks similar in design and size to WindSeeker?
  14. Even though I was just at the park a week ago Monday, I am so jealous of these TR's from this week...sounds like such an excellent time to be there! That darn work thing I have to do!
  15. 1. Enchanted Voyage 2. Lion Country Safari 3. Antique Cars 4. KCKC 5. Skylab
  16. KIfan73 replied to hosscat's topic in Rumors
    What kind of signs have you saw?
  17. Our local county fair had one last year, and I rode it...it was the most intense thing I'd ever ridden.
  18. I totally think that's what it's all about. Every year, I enjoy just walking around KI more and more... And I still wish the park opened earlier (in the day)!
  19. KIfan73 replied to KIfan73's topic in Trip Reports
    I know there were several young kids there, but there is some blood, as well as gunfire, cannon explosions, etc. I think that everyone has been to Tecumseh but me...lol. Not only have I always lived close, I have literally driven to within a 1/4 mile of it for 8 years going to work...
  20. KIfan73 posted a topic in Trip Reports
    Last Monday, I finally got to witness Tecumseh! By "finally" I mean that, I'm now ashamed to say, that I have lived within just a few miles of this awesome outdoor drama my entire life, but never visited it. To learn more about it, visit http://www.tecumsehdrama.com/. I wanted to post a trip report about it on here because I know many people on here are into shows, as well as "immersive experiences". Watching this show truly makes you feel like you are a part of it. I highly recommend visiting Tecemseh. I have always heard things about it being "world class", etc., but now I can honestly say it is. When I was there, I really couldn't believe that something so great goes on almost every night of the week in the summer so close to home! Since it was my first trip, I went ahead and took a backstage tour, as well as partook of the all you can eat buffet (something a true amusement park enthusiast has to do!). If you do decide to visit, the food is great, and there's a snack bar with just about anything to eat you can imagine. The prices are on par with other large venues, however. Tecumseh is also located within a mile or two of our strip that has many restaurants. The backstage tour was great, and it's also the only time you can use a camera. Cameras are strictly forbidden during the performance. I will let the photos do most of the talking. Tecumseh utilizes a nearly all-natural setting and live horses. Enjoy! path to the amphitheater: snack bar area: Looking back up into the amphitheater: pond behind stage: actors showing some techniques: actor showing some stunt work!: another look at the pond (very cool!): view from seats in amphitheater: dining/snack bar area: Thanks for reading!
  21. Is that kind of like I would be a millionaire if I had a million dollars?
  22. I always think it's funny that some people think that the park has become more "corporate" now, or when Paramount had it. Take a look at the 1972 brochure (click here); many things were either "presented" by another company, or sponsored by another company. Don't get me wrong-I would love to be able to visit the park circa 1972, but I don't think Kings Island has ever been as corporate as it was back then.
  23. I've got two reasons (among others) that have made being a member of this site fantastic: 1) The KIC event two years ago at the park 2) The "Winter Blues" event If you were at any of those events, I don't have to tell you anything, and if you weren't you definitely missed out!
  24. How do admission and parking prices compare?
  25. I'm not foolish enough - well, at least I think I'm not - to try to speculate any reasons for that. My only perspective is as a person that frequents many restaurants, malls, stores, movie theaters, etc. There are many things I would list as overpriced over Kings Island.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.