Everything posted by KIfan73
-
Diamondback Location on Opening Day 1972
Mike, I really enjoy those kinds of stories you tell. It was great talking to you in person, too, at the Offseason Blues party in the IR.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
This is a great day for watching the webcam, for sure.
-
What's the scariest ride you've ridden at KI?
Drop Tower (was still Drop Zone when I rode it). I rode it once in '05, and then tried it again in '06. I put it in the same category as Delerium and Invertigo. I wasn't terrified on them, just glad when the ride was over and I could get out of it. I really enjoy roller coasters, and find the fear/exhilaration trade-off to be worth it. Those three rides just aren't fun for me.
-
What Amusement Park do you want to visit most?
Walt Disney World.
-
What are your opening day plans?
I couldn't have said that any better.
-
2009 Season Pass Processing Begins - April 1st
If you renewed online, do you just need to go up to one of the Season Pass windows with your printout?
-
Diamondback Testing - Photos and Video, First Ride Auction, Vote For KICentral & More!
Awesome pics and video. Wow, I really want to ride it now. It's all becoming so real now. Seems like they just drained the lake!
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
I couldn't blame them a bit if they didn't want the public to see the initial run. One minor hiccup could mean many less riders on their newly installed apparatus.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Mr. Helbig seems to have been straight up (up and above anything expected, for sure) with this site. I can't see this being any different of a case.
-
Test Dummy Ready for First Ride on Diamondback
"I wonder if they can see me from the web cam."
-
Antique Cars
It does seem a real shame that they ripped out an area as nice as the Antique Cars was. I would think that people that can clearly remember how Kings Island looked decades ago would have a hard time walking around it now (because of all the changes, not their age ).
-
What do you think KI will bring back for the 2009 season?
At least they still serve bier in their garten.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Thanks for those fast replies. Now, the term "valley" makes sense. I've read it before, and it sounded so much worse...
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
What does it mean when a coaster valleys?
-
What do you think KI will bring back for the 2009 season?
Is it still going to be buffet style still? Yes -- plus a few new food choices and an all new look and feel. Wow, first Diamondback, and then, FINALLY, some changes to Wings? Yes!!
-
What do you think KI will bring back for the 2009 season?
When you visit a park as big as KI, all the different attractions and food places kind of all blend into the scenery. It's easy to forget that some of them are big businesses all on their own. Another question kind of related to this: Anybody on the tour get any other details about Wings other than the name change? I'm glad to see they're doing something to it, as it has needed it for years, and it seems logical that there's going to be a lot more traffic in that area now.
-
What do you think KI will bring back for the 2009 season?
I'm having a hard time thinking of any reason why they would want to change it back to BBSS, royalties or no. Did business drop off that much last year? Will it be remodeled?
-
KIC Diamondback Tour
Looking forward to reading it, Giga... I'm sure it will be as energetic and enthusiastic as you are in person!
-
Action Theater
I liked it way better as Days of Thunder than SpongeBob. The James Bond version was pretty cool too. But Days of Thunder was the best. The theming was so good for Days of Thunder when it was new. Race cars and sound effects through the queue, and one of the Pettys (forget which one) on the screen talking and pumping you up before you went through the doors. Evidently, people just kind of got tired of the concept.
-
Action Theater
This is a real shame, especially if you were lucky enough to check it out when it was new with Days of Thunder.
-
Zach's Diamondback Photo TR Madness
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Lots of awesome views of DB. Just a little off-topic: The thing that I love about this photo is what I still love about The Beast...when viewing/entering the queue, you see nothing of the ride. I can just imagine the anticipation this created when it was new (it always reminds me a bit of the early Friday the 13th movies). Not that I think that Diamondback (or other ride at KI) is any less than spectacular, though!
-
HUGE Diamondback Tour PTR!
I have to say that the surface formerly known as blacktop actually goes pretty well with DB's theming! Looks like something out of the wild west!
-
Diamondback Tour PTR
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad the tour finally went down .
-
Feb. 21st WEBCAM trip report
It's almost like not really being there! J/K...I didn't make it, either...hoping for some good pics.
-
Hard Rock Park SOLD!
I think the best theming would be anything related to the Myrtle Beach area. People travel to MB for the ocean. Why wouldn't you want to play up to that?