Everything posted by CedarPointer
-
Can you identify suspect in Kings Island assault?
Tower Gardens? I had to walk through there a few times on Monday, it's super creepy there, all 4 times I cut across it I didn't see a single other person...
-
Old drinking fountain
Okay, nevermind about the fountain, I totally thought it was in the wrong spot... nevermind, it's still there apparently!
-
Old drinking fountain
Really? When I was leaving, it looked like there was an orange cone covering up its plumbing hookup, and I didn't see the fountain anywhere...
-
Can you identify suspect in Kings Island assault?
I doubt that KI security controls when Mason police release something. I just find it highly suspicious that the woman didn't appear to have reported it to park security- if something happened, wouldn't you report it to a park employee who would then call security instead of calling and telling Mason police that her son had been "assaulted earlier in the day"? I really want to doubt this, but does anyone think she was possibly looking for a handout from the park? I really, really hope this isn't what happened, but why would ANYONE not immediately tell park security what happened?
-
Can you identify suspect in Kings Island assault?
I find it weird that it sounds like she didn't say a word about the incident to park security but waited until she got home...
-
Old drinking fountain
I thought that fountain predated Graeters?
-
Old drinking fountain
Maybe they're fixing it? It didn't seem to drain properly when I tried it earlier in the year.
-
Old drinking fountain
Unfortunately, it looks like they've removed the old drinking fountain next to Graeter's. It was missing today and an orange traffic cone seemed to be covering it's old water hookup. Shame to see it go, it gave that area some character. Nevermind, I'm an idiot, it's still there.
-
Flying Turns POV
Next time someone whines about how long it's taking WindSeeker to open...
-
Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do
People really do ask where the Eiffel Tower is.
-
What are these two things?
I believe the tower is now used for storage by Games.
-
Guests Say The Darnest Things
Oooh, dearie. Gran Fiesta Tour... it's the only ride in WS that mocks the country whose pavilion it's in. I guess I just have bad taste in rides. I rode Mission: Space once in 2004 or 2005, never again (funny how sinkholes magically develop when a sponsor leaves...). I also liked Journey Into YOUR Imagination (version before this one) and Ellen's Energy Adventure. Go figure. Overheard in the park today: "Where's the Mind Eraser?" Over in Action Zone next to Flight Deck, I suppose...
-
Why couldn't I ride Vortex?
If there wasn't "security overkill", we wouldn't have amusement parks anymore due to all the lawsuits. If you'd like to open a park with no safety features on the rides, go ahead... might last about as long as Wild West World...
-
Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues
http://www.intaminwo...DE/Default.aspx http://data.sphosting.ch/Intamin/Media/Gyro%20Drop/Gyro%20Drop.pdf "Gyro Drops" "Paramount's Kings Dominion, USA" Hmm.
-
Why couldn't I ride Vortex?
I can't believe they're still allowed to "help".
-
Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues
It's underneath the picture slideshow thing.
-
Guests Say The Darnest Things
Yeah, but she thought that the line was the ride... (and yes, it is embarrassingly outdated...) Someone commented on a post on the Kings Island Facebook page that they couldn't find blue ice cream last time they were at KI. Really? Must not have looked too hard...
-
Guests Say The Darnest Things
"Is this the ride?" -Heard in line for the Great Movie RIDE in December...
-
Boo Blasters Overhall
I'd rather see the car in front of me than have to wait an hour like Boo Blasters at Canada's Wonderland...
-
Action FX Theater Film Announced
You can actually refill your souvenir cup with icee at the places that sell the regular icees (the red and blue, not Mix it Up) for like $3 I think, unless they changed it.
-
'Mark this forum as read' button
It's at the very bottom of the page in the gray bar: "Mark Board As Read" for the whole forum. For one board, you double-click the gray dot next to the forum name in the list.
-
Evidence of Paramount Still Around?
Apparently Outer Hanks is a play on Outer Banks, no relation to Tom Hanks. Apparently. (I kinda believe it- what other name rhymes with Banks? But if it was a name, shouldn't there be an apostrophe in Hanks? They could borrow the one from Airbrush Tee's...)
- Lockers
-
Lockers
Doesn't say they're 90 minutes, but it also says they're near Crypt...
-
Shoot The Rapids, Now Open (June 26)
Gee, I wonder if they did all the fake rockwork for Maverick too... oh wait...