Everything posted by CedarPointer
-
Haunt - What to wear?
Oooh, then you can run into the employees and act like it's their fault for not seeing you...
-
Haunt - What to wear?
I wouldn't.
-
Q Funding wants Kinzel to separate his power.
I think the only reference to Fort Cooper that was changed was that sign.
-
Panda Express: Now Open!
They cook ribs outside at Outer Hanks pretty much every day that it's open.
-
Old ride locations
I wonder why they would mark the "Administration Building" on the map. Was that area open the the public at one point or something?
-
Panda Express: Now Open!
Ohhhhh. I *love* Outer Hank's. Given a choice between a $8.51 fish basket at Hank's and a $6 six inch at Subway, I would definitely take the fish. It's actually pretty reasonable given what you would pay for that outside the park. (btw, I've always wondered if it's Outer Hanks or Outer Hank's. I always thought it was supposed to be Hank's, as in, the stand is "owned" by someone named Hank- especially because of the mailbox. But who knows.)
-
Panda Express: Now Open!
So far, all the times I've eaten in the park this year, I've been happy with what I got. Early in the season I ate at Junction, and it was pretty good- not my favorite buffet ever, but I didn't think it was bad. I ate at Festhaus LaRosa's twice, both times the food was great (I prefer putting my own toppings on, because it's probably faster than having to ask for them to be put on). Ate at Panda Express on Saturday and it was really good, it was easily enough to split with someone else, which I did. I've also eaten at Skyline a few times.
-
Eiffel Tower Lit Up?
I think it's because it wasn't a Haunt night, so instead of lighting it up red like it has been the past few weekends, they just lit it up as white.
-
Driving to Kings Island from the Dayton area
This is the way I always take, but I live on 48, so it makes sense. If I'm coming from school I take 741 all the way to the park, but that's because my school is on 741.
-
Kinzel Family Sues Merrill Lynch/Bank of America
That reminds me of another company... can't think of the name though. Hmm.
-
WindSeeker Website
I think your font choice on the text could be better, although I'd bet your teacher told you to use Times New Roman if your teacher is anything like my webpage design teacher was. I really like the graphics, though.
-
Panda Express: Now Open!
You might, but I doubt that enough guests do to make it worth it for the park to add a restaurant like that. If IR ever becomes a restaurant again, I have a feeling it would be set up similarly to Festhaus. I know about what CP has, but what works there might not work at KI. As I said, if CF felt it would make money, they would add it.
-
Panda Express: Now Open!
I can think of one big reason why KI doesn't have table service: time. Would a guest who paid for a one day ticket really want to take the time required at a sit down restaurant out of their visit, when they can eat at a sitdown restaurant anytime, or would they want to get something quick so they can get back to riding rides and watching shows? If Cedar Fair thought that table service would make money at KI, we would have one.
-
Working at Kings Island...
I've certainly had enough interesting experiences there to be able to say... you get what you pay for. "Are you SURE you want Orange Fanta? It tastes like juice."
-
Working at Kings Island...
I doubt that giving employees a high discount on merchandise was causing them to lose much money.
-
Cheetah Hunt
I don't think the "areas" that we use are the true areas of the park. If they were, Festhaus and Rivertown Pizza would both be in Coney.
-
Beast Final Ride
Sunday the 31st. Park closes at 8 IIRC.
-
Working at Kings Island...
Sigh.
-
What's your favorite restaurant at KI?
Oooh, Panda Express. Now THAT brings back memories. (and now for a random story...) Okay, so one time I ate at the Panda Express at Worlds of Fun. They had a special, orange chicken, fried rice, and lo mein (I think that's what it's called. It's those noodles.). Since I didn't like orange chicken, I asked if I could get fried rice instead of the chicken (you would think I'd be able to, seeing that the rice is probably cheaper). The cashier said no, so I just got the regular special, figuring I could just not eat the chicken. So I get my food, take it back to our table, open, the container, and what's inside? The entire carry-out box is filled with ORANGE CHICKEN. No rice, no noodles... just CHICKEN. I was vastly disappointed. IIRC, I finally let my parents have it and went and got grilled corn. I found it more funny than anything- nope, can't get rice instead of chicken, but I can get a mountain of chicken instead of everything else! I have never seen so much chicken in my life. Okay, I might as well finally add my opinion. Excluding my obvious first choice, Outer Hank's is probably my favorite. I *love* seafood. And Pibb. So I love that place.
-
Should KI and Cedar Fair Discontinue Halloween Haunt?
I think Coney Maul is supposed to be that (which makes me wonder why CarnEVIL isn't in Coney Maul...). They could easily set up a stage for live performers in the now empty planter between Skyline and Dodgems. I think the old ride veichles (wish the old SoB trains were out...) and the pennants are supposed to have the "abandoned carnival" vibe, and Jack... it could be improved, though.
-
Bobbleheads
His nametag is falling off.
-
Fast Pass System at KI?
Negatives: -Extra staff needed. -Cost of installing the machines and new ticket media that would be accepted by the machines -Would make normal lines longer -Complaints about "unfairness" -Fake fastpasses, etc... Negatives of not having a fastpass system: -Long lines on busy days (which can be avoided by not coming on busy days) Uhhh... sorry. Can't think of any more.
-
Fast Pass System at KI?
I don't really think the lines are long enough to need something like that.
-
Should KI and Cedar Fair Discontinue Halloween Haunt?
Wow, what a sense of self-entitlement. "Just because I don't enjoy something, then the tens of thousands of people who DO like Haunt can't enjoy it!"
-
Should KI and Cedar Fair Discontinue Halloween Haunt?
Uh, if you don't like Haunt, go on a Sunday.