Everything posted by IndyGuy4KI
-
Opening day 2010
I saw your group walking to The Beast when I was walking out the exit and I saw you guys a few times after that. Wish you would have said hello! It is always nice to add a face to a screen name.
-
Opening day 2010
About 18" of water and human size beach balls and you bump into each other, or try anyway. You can see half the people in the pic can't even stand. More fun to watch that do probably!
- Opening day 2010
-
Diamondback Restraints
Seemed to be the same to me, unless I shrunk, which I doubt.
-
Opening Days Questions!
BLSC trains can been seen on my Trip Report here. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21239
-
Opening day 2010
Headed out of the house a 6:12 am to get Sean (Indainapolisman.) Got him and hit the highway. We stopped at the gas station outsie KI to get a snack before getting in line. At 8:20 AM we found the rest of the KIC group and talked with them until the gates opened for ERT. Everyone was rushing to DB. Sean, Angie, Tom, Gary, and a few others got the second train of the season!!! W00T! We then headed to Beast and got a good first ride of the season on it. We then decided to check out Boo Blasters. We were very surprised to see how well this ride has been redone. Win for KI! We then caught up with Jesse and then went to DB for his first ride of the season. Another great ride on DB. We then went to BLSC.Here are the newly painted trains!! All pics were taken with my cell phone, so they may not be perfect We then headed to Vortex for my first Arrow ride of the year. We found the new the Eurro Bungie to be be a spectator show. Watich kids try to move these things around and falling every 2 seconds was a lot of fun. Robbie caught up with us and we then ended up in Action Zone. We took a ride on Flight Deck. Still very sad to see SOB sitting there SBNO. Sean is very sad about that due to it being his favorite ride. We ate in the Festhaus and watched the new show, Way to much TV. I think most of us enjoyed the show. I give it a B rating. Sean was the only one that got bored with it and missed most of the show. Sean, Gary, Robbie, and I then tried Race For Your Life Charlie Brown. There is a spraying element to this ride, but is not 1/2 as bad as that elephant was at getting you wet in the face.We then got back in line for DB. After that we then headed to Beast. Gary's family arrived so he want to join them and we then had 4 in our group. We then headed to Racer. The park was very busy and several rides were not happy about operating that day so the the rides that were operating seemed extra busy. We decided to go up in the ET and take a look at the park. After a chilling time on ET we were wanting to rest a little, so we took a train ride. Here we are on the train. Sean and Jesse Robbie and I While on the train I got an email from Holiday World stating the Timberlinners will not be running opening day. What do we do about our KIC trip on their opening day now? I texted this to Angie for I knew she would be upset about this! We tried to ride BLSC, but it had been down and the maintenance was replacing a part when we got there. We talked to Cory Butcher for a few minutes, but he was not sure when the ride would be working again. We were going to go get dinner and by the time we made our way to the Coney Mall midway, Robbie noticed it was testing. He headed back while the line was small. We got in line and then it valleyed on the second launch. Robbie and I were thinking the wind gusts were causing this issue and it seemed to be the white train that had this issue. We met up with Ryan in the queue of BLSC. With the ride down again, we then went to Skyline and got some dinner. BLSC was testing again when we were finishing up so we went back again. 3rd try! Robbie and I was on the train after Jesse, Sean, and Ryan. When they launched their train it actually stopped at the top of the helix, Ryan was shaking his body forward to make it to the first drop. It did go, but we all thought it was not going to happen. Robbie and I had a good ride, but was worried about the other trains rolling back before we could get off, no isssues and got off just fine. We then went and rode BBOBH again since Robbie had not been on it yet. We then headed to DB for a very cold ride and then Ryan had enough and split. Sean and Jesse headed to Starbucks for some warm drinks while Robbie and I ended the night on a ride on Racer. I had a great day seeing all of my KIC friends and sorry I did not get to see more of you for I knew you were there somewhere! Got home about 12:20 AM. Ride Count DB - 4 BBOBH - 2 BLSC - 2 Beast -2 Racer - 2 Vortex - 1 FD - 1 RFYLCB - 1 Train - 1 ET -1 Total Rides: 17 TV show - 1
-
Where everybody knows your name
Great Trip report Jesse. I really had a good time. I hope I can get my trip report up today.
-
People OUTSIDE KI Say The Darnedest Things
Here we go already. I walked into the Wal-Mark vision center yesterday and get a new eyewear strap to take on Saturday. I found one and took it to the counter to pay for it. The lady asked "Did you find what you were looking for." Trying to kid around, I said "Yes, I hope this will keep my glasses from flying off at 80 MPH." She gave me a funny look and I said, "I am going to KI this weekend." She then said, "Is that how fast you are driving to get there?" I was like "Umm, I wil be ridding roller coasters and be going 80 MPH on one of the coasters." Still a funny look on her face... I was not dressed like a biker in any means so I don't think she thought I was ridding a cycle over which is the only explanation I cold think of as to her asking my driving speed?
-
What You'll See This Saturday at Kings Island!
I really don't like that they left the orange tarps for the line... I like the orange, but I think it would have been a little better had they had a little orange on the train as well. It would have went together a little better. Although, blue and orange compliment each other well. See Vortex for instance!
-
When do you want to receive your KICentral broadtexts?
To me it is useless if you don't get it when you post the update. There could be 3 pages on the thread it refereces if you wait till the next day or wait till a certain time to send the text. I think there needs to be a disclamer on the signup page that states, "You will get texted as an update happens regardless of the time. If you do not want to be texted an any time please do not sign up." (Something to that effect.) Just my 2 cents!
-
What You'll See This Saturday at Kings Island!
I plan on doing the Planet Snoopy thing either next Saturday or the following with the family. This Saturday, I want to ride coasters with my KIC friends and remove my coaster withdraw jitters! I do want to walk through and see it though for sure!
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
Note I said :This could be a cost savings to them, a Win Win! You are probably right, it might hurt game sales a little so there could be some disadvantages to it as well. Now the people that carry around the 6 foot tall stuffed animals on their backs probably would like them to be deflated and get a bag of stuffing to fill the animal at home instead of carrying around a big monkey on their back.
-
Opening Day Weather
Could be 40's for a high! We have been spoiled by 80's this week so 60's is going to feel cold.
-
Boo Blasters On Boo Hill
Yep, looks like they did a good job with it!
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
For people that come one day to the park for a vacation, they are probably not going to care to much about the balls being bounced. For most of us here that visit the park often get quite annoyed by them, especially in The Beast and Racer queue/station where the floor is wood and you get to feel every bounce. If there was one thing I could change about the prizes at KI, it would be to hand those balls out deflated. I am also guessing KI receives those balls deflated and they are paying someone to inflate them. This could be a cost savings to them, a Win Win!
-
Cedar Fair Hopes Consumers Will Start Spending Again At Parks
Let's hope we don't see gas prices sky rocket again this next year. That is going to be a big factor as well I think.
-
Big Dipper for sale... Again!?
You know this will be part of the agreement this time!
-
Crowds early in the season?
And if it is a corporate day for certain companies. I remember going a few years ago on a Sunday and it was a GM day and the park was packed!
-
Crowds early in the season?
During weekends I like to go on Sundays and the park does not usually get busier till about 1- to 2 pm. (Once Church let's out.) I take many vacation days to go on weekdays to enjoy smaller lines!
-
Diamond Back cell phone collection
all i got to say is .......POCKET ...... NOT HOLSTER. DUH My holster does a much better job at holding my phone than a non buttoned/zipped pocket. DB is the only ride at KI that I even remove it from my holster and place it in a buttoned/zipped pocket. If I am not wearing cargo's where I can do this it stays in the car!
-
Wildebeest Testing
May 15th is the opening day for the water park.
-
April 2: Kings Dominion Opening Day!
You always do a good job with your PTR's Angie! Thanks for sharing!
-
Wildebeest Testing
HW posted some interesting testing of wildebeest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efSpHI6djA&feature=player_embedded
-
April 2: Kings Dominion Opening Day!
Dude, I'm not even close to done yet. The good stuff is coming, so chill out. But your so good at PTR's!
-
April 2: Kings Dominion Opening Day!
On the edge of my seat, waiting for more!!