Everything posted by gforce1994
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
I’ve been on a few, they’re really rough, but fun. IMO, the roughness can be a bit overwhelming at times.
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
I’m guessing because many of the sets may have interfered with the Picnic Grove. On the tours I’ve taken, the sets are up against the Picnic Grove.
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
That’s the million dollar question.
-
Another long lost proposed Kings Island Wooden coaster!
Middle rows are the best on the 3 bench cars. Trust me.
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
Nice restoration. It’s interesting that the ride was popular (all images I’ve seen is of the ride with a full queue), but nobody took images of the ride.
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
Shout out to @Oldschool75 for the help with referencing the actual ride. Fun fact: I did not realize there were two sets of lighting fixtures on the ride. One set (I refer to them “Davit arms”) were on the drop, while the three piece sets were in the turns.
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
The fact it was made out of Fiberglass answers one question I had, how was the figure supported. I couldn’t find any alteration to the supports of the structure in the original photographs. It’s still a neat addition they added to the ride.
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
Unfortunately, there’s no good view of the figure on the Beetle.
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
That’s pretty neat. Are any of the figurines still around?
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
Thank you for the response. The lighting was a pain, as each individual light fixture severely slowed my laptop down. At the time I recorded, my PC was at 5 FPS. Is there any reason why the fixture was added later on?
-
The Mysterious Bavarian Beetle
The Bavarian Beetle is a ride that is very mysterious. We know everything about the ride, but we know very little about it’s operation at Kings Island. I did a recreation and article about the ride. It’s fascinating to note that the commonly accepted stats of the ride are incorrect. You can check out the recreation I made here: https://coasternation.com/kings-islands-bavarian-beetle-pov/
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Here’s the thing. Dewine opened FECs, indicating that rides aren’t an issue. He reopened zoos and playgrounds, so they’re not an issue. If both are not issues, then why wouldn’t they open the parks with appropriate precautions.
-
Critical tone on the forum
Earlier today a grossly defamatory post was made in a topic. I understand if people were trying to troll, but it crossed a line today. Would that fall under the TOS?
-
Third Island Queen
@westcoaster, here’s a look at the hurricane deck and ballroom of the Queen. It would have been similar to the second ship, but expanded.
-
Third Island Queen
It would be indeed. However, I’m curious what it’s center of gravity would have been fully loaded.
-
Another long lost proposed Kings Island Wooden coaster!
Here’s a look at the original Aeroplane. https://digital.tcl.sc.edu/digital/collection/MVTN/id/7066
-
Third Island Queen
So, the plans were designed by a local architect Paul G Hill, do survive and they are amazing. This will be fun to recreate.
-
What’s in The Envelope? Cedar Point
- KI's Grand Carousel turns 94!
I have shared my source. It’s rather interesting how barren the ride and surrounding structures were between April and the next round of shots weeks later.- KI's Grand Carousel turns 94!
It’s not on Newspapers.com. It was the historical archive.- KI's Grand Carousel turns 94!
Furthermore, a photo of the completed ride shows the tree’s with leaves. However, the area around the ride is still covered with wood from the construction.- KI's Grand Carousel turns 94!
There’s images in a image research archive I visited. They had original images of the Twister, still under construction with no tunnels, but frames installed.. Upon further inspection, the tree’s appear to be budding, indicating it was late April. For a ride over 2000 feet long, the framing and installation of the tunnels would have been a significant undertaking. I believe it’s highly likely that the photo was in the same reel of photos as the well-know picture of the Wildcat. Both photos were likely taken by Coney, with the images being sent to PTC.- KI's Grand Carousel turns 94!
They were delayed as everyone was dealing with Twister. The ride was apparently far from complete in early spring according to photo evidence I’ve seen, but that is likely the reason.- Discussion & History on the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad
They likely changed it to prevent excess wear on the rails, as well as to increase capacity. Hypothetically, a curve like that would likely require the train to slow, to ensure that it made the curve. Removing that curve would enable the train to run quickly and consistently through the course.- Discussion & History on the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad
One of the coolest things was seeing the original train down in Atlanta. Furthermore, it is ironic that the Texas is just down road from the General. - KI's Grand Carousel turns 94!