Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BeeastFarmer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BeeastFarmer

  1. Don't forget--LR and SC are the property of the Fair Board and not the operator of the park. Chang and Roadrunner Express were taken by SIX in exchange for SIX turning over about 20 acres to the Fair board.
  2. And the park has only done one Halloween event under the current management--and in my opinion, it was very tame. Very well done, but nothing was extreme.
  3. Who makes more money--families or enthusiasts? KK currently caters to enthusiasts, which is a smart strategy to get free publicity via social media channels. However, the influencers seem to have lost much of their influence with the recent scandals. Alcohol does bring in a huge profit margin to a park--yes. But if Herschend did buy the contract (which would probably never happen), they would more than make up the money in family friendly shows and old person attractions.
  4. I could see Herschend turning it into an urban Dollywood and having a co-promotion with the Newport Aquarium. One thing the park really lacks in is shows. I like the bird and sea lion shows, but they need some high quality 26 minute shows, too. Could you imagine Dolly's Urban Christmas(r)? Tall building light projections on the coasters, hipster environmentally responsible firepits, and some kumbacha sampling stations?
  5. It's important to remember, that any sale of the rights to operate the park must be approved by the Fair Board. I don't know how open they would be to SIX running the park again, even if it is a different SIX now vs then. Also, per the contract, any investments in physical assets remain the property of the fair board, not the operator. I don't know that SIX would like that--or any other company, either.
  6. Time will tell. I'm very happy with how the park has done since it reopened from ruins in 2014. I'm in the minority, but I think Thunder Run is an awesome coaster. Airtime a plenty!
  7. My personal opinion is that we will live with this for a while until the herd immunity effect comes into play. Vaccines have all but squashed MMR and polio. However, when anti-vaxxers have an influence, and if there is one exposure, it can spread. I do believe in personal choice, but I also believe in thinking of the welfare of others over yourself, as in doing things not in selfish ambition , but considering the interest of others. But for the confident COVID vaccine injected--please temper your confidence and continue to be careful. This isn't like you got fixed and can now just go all out into 1960's style adult parties! But some things are good from this pandemic. I personally am glad for the line spacing in ride queues. I like my space. Oh, and for the record, I don't own a Speedo and never would. LOL
  8. Where did I say that one should get the vaccine, stay at home and mask up? My point is that while a tool in the box, a vaccine is not foolproof. If I get the flu vaccine, do I hang out with 10 people who are snotting, sneezing and sweating without being conscious of my surroundings? No. If my house is a comfortable 72 and the outside temp is 17, do I go out for extended time periods in my speedo only, because "I have heat, and go back inside and warm up."? If I buy some chicken at Kroger, and have a skillet or air fryer, do I eat it raw? In a like manner....if one chooses to get vaccinated, one should still use caution. Common sense applies here.
  9. If you get the vaccine, great! But don't be complacent with it. The claims of 90-95% effectiveness are wonderful, but if people have the mentality of "I'm vaccinated, so I am good!", a false sense of security can ensue. Also, it's not "HIPPA"--its HIPAA! )
  10. I'd urge you to give it some time. While it does not seem like an ideal location, I'd like to see the product when it opens and as it matures. If it is anything like the renderings, it will be very nice.
  11. Dorney Park for Fiesta Texas. Of course, CF wins big on this one: a southern park, close to Schlitterbahn. There would have to be some money involved. But for SIX, it would eliminate a nearby competitor (either cross promote it or close it down) in a crowded market.
  12. "This is a what if scenario just for fun. "
  13. Chad Showalter tweeted in response to a question, that it will be a year round operation. If the price is right, that might be a midwinter get away for me.
  14. I guess that depends on what you mean by "forest." The times I was at one of the fast food places, I saw nothing but Japansese Honeysuckle (considered a noxious weed), some dead ash trees (from the emerald ash borer) and osage orange and water maples. The last two are not desirable tree species. Of course this was just visible from the parking lots, I have no idea how much old growth forest was back there. While I agree that being surrounded on the front side by fast food and a warehouse is unfortunate, there is an opportunity to take a neglected property and enhance it and turn it into an asset. I would think this is something you can appreciate with your emphasis on design and attention to detail in previous posts.
  15. It would be helpful if you could quote the posts you are referring back to. I have no idea what you are talking about here without wading through a bunch of old posts.
  16. Don't put it off your list. It is a wonderful park as is. Out of the CF parks I have been to, my opinion is that it is the most beautiful of them all. It has great rides and a ton of charm--it reminded me of the "old KI" when I went.
  17. That food sounds good--hopefully open to the public.
  18. To move KD forward, I agree that they need a B&M hyper. I'd also like them to get a Chance Hyper GTX and a GCI. They need some flats in Old Virginia. They need a large indoor dining space like Festhaus. Ideally, they would get a train back and the the waterpark moved behind Racer 75--this area could return to Lake Charles or a nice lushly landscape area with some gentle flats.
  19. A vaccine is not a magic injection. I get vaccinated for the flu every fall, but I take precautions when I am around KNOWN source of the flu, but I also take other precautions when I am around UNKNOWN sources of the flu.
  20. I'm not a HIPAA specialist, but I don't think it does. Schools and employers can require vaccines, it might not be a stretch to see private enterprise require it too.
  21. I'm not anti-mask, anti vax or anti social distancing. But.... I wouldn't get overly comfortable/confident in a vaccine. CV19 has shown in mutates. Like the flu, it might become a yearly thing with an effectiveness fluctuations. That 90% may go down to 40% if this thing mutates. Even with a vaccine, it might be wise to continue masking and social distancing for a while.
  22. I'd love to have a B&M flyer at KI. I have only ridden one, at SF Great Advencha, but the loop was like nothing I have ever experienced before or after. Unfortunately, Tatsu was down for winter maintenance when I went to SFMM a few years ago. I think the risk of downtime would be worth the the reward of the coaster. And B&M downtime seems much more "fixable" than Intamin downtime.
  23. I agree. It makes the walk thru the turnstyles even better. I could get behind a slight renovation with new shingles and removal of the seasonal banners--and a return of the flags.
  24. The Beast experience this year was not good for me. Assigned seating and only two non wheel rows. But a bad ride on The Beast is better than a good ride on Invertigo. I ended up riding Adventure Express more than The Beast this year. This comment is going in for posterity during a global pandemic--I'm grateful I got to experience KI 4 times this summer.
  25. The Racer and Racer 75, although R75 has a small difference in the layout. If there was a category for cloned rides: what version do you love and what version do you hate? It would be Thunder Run/Hurler. TR is awesome (airtime, smooth, fast) and Hurler sucks (rough, slow and airtime is terrible).
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.