Everything posted by BeeastFarmer
-
Thoughts on the Current State of Soak City
Ewwww think of all the athletes feet, toenail fungus and toe jam on those stairs and concrete! ,[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
While I agree with your post, I think the opportunity cost has to come into play. If they don't open at all in 2020, even if they extend passes to 2021, a certain percentage of pass holders will complain. They loose the opportunity to get them back, of they don't recapture. So they up the incentives. Some of those people won't come back, and the ones that do will expect x,y,z discount into infinity. They either offer or loose them too. Using easy numbers, if the park stays closed and the fixed costs are $50, and the park was planning on a top line revenue of $130, they are not just out $50, they are out $130. If they could open, still having fixed costs of $50, and variable costs of $50 and could make $90, they might consider it strongly. Zero income on a balance sheet might look worse to an investor than $90, even with a loss of $10 actual dollars and a profit loss of $40. It could indicate the company has management with a vision and a company that is nimble. Or it might not. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
FTR, I was only using 20% as a round number. Like I said, I have no idea how they do their accounting/amortization. But I do know that corporations do account for it. Whether or not they account for goodwill on branding, I have no idea. RE: The Beast--If the ride were destroyed and rebuilt exactly as it is today, footers to trains, it would cost more than the original price, of course due to inflation. But if the park were to be redeveloped and the ride removed, it would not have any value except for scrap--but the cost of removal would likely outweigh any scrap value so it would be an expense vs an asset. All this ties into the discussion of the virus impacting the park. My point being that even if the park were to remain closed this year, there are many tangible and intangible costs that would figure into that equation. Any income gained by opening the park would go against those costs.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Add in the taxes and fees they pay to local and state entities. Plus depreciation on physical assets. I don't know how they do amortization, but the books that shows that Orion is worth $30 million this year may show it's worth $24 million next year ( assuming a 20% per year depreciation). Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
2020 Additions and Improvements
^ Yes, I remember that. As kids, we called it "oompah" music and thought it was stupid, but we secretly loved it and "danced" to it.
-
Thoughts on the Current State of Soak City
Sorry, I'm only on my first cup of coffee this morning. I swear I saw CGA's new theme, Bayside Shores (or whatever its been rebranded to) in your text. I guess that shows how much I am NOT a waterpark person. Sometimes I park at Soak City and walk over to the dry park because its a good way to get more steps in. I have noticed the times I have done this, how run down it looks. It looks tired, mismatched concrete and bland. I guess I see KISC as the Action Zone of water parks.
-
Thoughts on the Current State of Soak City
@bengalsguy23 And whatever CP has changed their waterpark to. For that to work, it seems like they have done pretty significant upgrades and overall thematic touches.
-
Thoughts on the Current State of Soak City
^From a philosophical viewpoint, I agree with your first paragraph. But, from a practical and financial standpoint, two of the more popular waterparks in this region, Splashin' Safari and Hurricane Bay, would not agree. Both of these water parks are highly regarded and well themed, even if cheesy. I am not a waterpark person, but I couldn't image HB themed to Bradford pears, Pin Oak trees and bush honeysuckle--or even regional things like horses, bourbon, UPS, gangs and dirty river water. Same thing for SS, but I am not sure what the area naturally looks like--more hardwood forests, or (manmade) corn?
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
^Isn't that what sons are for, @King Ding Dong?
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
I'd hate to be the guy in the ET elevator carrying all those stinky germy people up and down all day long. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
^Is that the Butter Jesus church? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Cedar Fair 2020s
Yuck. I don't want to think about anyone taking a quick squirt at KI or anywhere else. [emoji2961] Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
His tombstone stands (at least as of Haunt) in the Banshee queue...look for...O'Terpy...he was a stickler for... spelling...and punctuation...and capitalized ride names...nice guy in person...we sparred on the KK thread...and he was wrong! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
File for unemployment immediately. It also sounds like you may have type 1 diabetes. If so, your also qualify for assistance with your medical expenses. There are options out there for insulin, Reli-On being a very affordable alternative until this situation runs its course. Check with your doctor. I can't give medical advice, but as someone who has lived with T1D for 40+ years, I can be a sounding board for you.
-
Brighten Everyone's Day
Thanks,@standbyme. The wall was either built by Irish homesteaders or slaves. I haven't been able to determine that. I have been told it dates to the 1840s to 1850s. The rest of the boundary fence, back around the rest of the farm hasn't fared as well. But it's still a testament to hard work and tenacity. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Brighten Everyone's Day
Each year I try and enhance my lawn and landscape. These daffodils were planted, along with many others,from early to mid January. That is 2 months past recommend planting time. They were clearanced and left for dead. But they proved that something great can come from a bad situation. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Brighten Everyone's Day
Good fun and educational too! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
I am still amazed at how much I learn daily from the SMEs here. It's astounding! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Orion Construction Photos
I'm sure the park has more pressing issues right now than turning on a webcam.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
I think, and I am far from an expert, that you would run into a severe constitutional crisis if you tried to enforce stay at home orders as severely as other countries have. I am no expert, but I would foresee tremendous push back against that Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Wow, I hope you are not wanting our forces to treat our people like they apparently treat their people. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
But the problem with that lies in the fact that you are concentrating people in limited areas. You know, if I didn't have classes to worry about, I'd love to work during the week at ki. (My full time gig is every Saturday And Sunday). I'd love to come work every Tuesday and Wednesday, for example. Those extra days they are discussing adding, sign me up. But I doubt theyd have flexibility about the weekends off. [emoji23] Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
I'm sorry, but basic medical microbiology teaches you that the reason virus spreads more easier in cold weather is because people are staying inside in close proximity to each other . Warm weather has nothing to do with "killing" the virus. In a sense, all the isolation *may* cause this to linger, which is the flattering of the curve. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
But they specifically said profit. And they sourced YouTube. Real deep reporting [emoji35][emoji23][emoji26] Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
As it relates to Knott's loosing 500k per day, yes. Everything else, I take with a grain of salt. It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk