Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

With all the posts about Diamondback on this site I decided that even if I used the search function, I would still not be able to find an answer to my question. So any way, here it goes:

Will there be an on-ride photo and if so, where will it be located?

I know I'm excited. But I feel bad for iChase because they got there late because of a snow storm and they aren't allowed in the park because security doesn't know where the tour is..... Well Find Out!!!!

Thanks for your sympathy. :)

It kind of sucked, but we made a good day out of it. We went to Jungle Jim's and ended up meeting the KIC group there. What are the odds!?

That truly was nice to see you there. In case I neglected to introduce myself, I was wearing the Ohio State hooded sweatshirt. Too bad you missed the tour, though.

Yeah, I think I made the connection. You were an inch or two taller than me, right?

It was sad to miss the tour but I'm okay. I really enjoyed myself with Ksings just driving and exploring Jungle Jim's.

With all the posts about Diamondback on this site I decided that even if I used the search function, I would still not be able to find an answer to my question. So any way, here it goes:

Yes, there will be. And the location has not been firmly established, it could yet change.

I'm with Terpy...for the most part now with B&M it's just a math equation...you get it right or don't.

Having said, Behemoth's lift motor burned out after only two weeks of operation. Hopefully something can be learned from past mistakes. If there's any question about water/splashdown issues, I think CF will be fully prepared to run dry if need be.

More than likely weather will be the biggest factor. If the weather is right, I fully expect to be on one of the first-rider trains at 8:30 or 9:00, depending on how long the ERT is.

Yes, there will be. And the location has not been firmly established, it could yet change.

Alright. So I'm guessing they're not installing on-ride video? That didn't seem to go over too well at FoF. I don't even think it was there for the entire summer.

ou'll never forget the tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to strike Kings Island when you take home a souvenir of Diamondback. T-shirts, buttons, hats, glassware and much more, all displaying the awesome Diamondback logo, will be available in the new DB Trading Post gift shop located in Rivertown.

General park merchandise will also be available in the DB Trading Post, including 30th anniversary Beast souvenir items and apparel.

New blog update.

^^ it works for Raptor at CP

I think the reason it works so well for Raptor is the fact it's an inverted coaster. It gives a better place to position the camera (above the head) where you can see all of you. On FoF's, from what I've heard, all you could see was your head. I'd much rather see all of me, parts of the ride, and maybe my seat mate, than just my head through the ride. Raptor's camera positioning is really good because you see all of you and a lot of the scenery around you. You can tell where you are in the ride at all times.

Lol, funny story. The first time I rode FOF was multiple years ago when I was just above 54 inches. So when I came out to see my on-ride photo, there were the 2 aliens sitting behind where I was supposed to be and my friend next to me. I was so short that my head didn't even appear on the picture! I really wanted that picture but I don't think people would believe that I was there. :lol: