Kentucky Kingdom

$35!?! It is $60 to get in Carowinds at the gate but I know where I can get discount tickets for $39, at $35 I doubt a park the size of KK could even cover the bills. By the way, gate price at Holiday World is $73, gate price at KK is $50. Season Passes are $138(HW.com) and $110(KK.com).

And Kentucky Kingdom is not even remotely close to the same league as Carowinds. They should be pricing themselves similar to parks/competition like Indiana Beach and Beech Bend. Both priced at $31.95 and $31.99 respectively. Kentucky Kingdom has priced themselves at $49.95 at the gate or $39.95 advanced online purchase. Holiday World is $44.99 ($40.99 online) and that does not include early season discounts where tickets are almost half. Compare to the fact that Kings Island at the gate is $62 but online is $44. Yes for $5 extra dollar you can visit Kings Island instead of Kentucky Kingdom or for virtually the same cost you can visit Holiday World instead of Kentucky Kingdom. Pricing matters.

• Like 6

The red is VERY visible from the airport now. I noticed that in December when we were flying out there. It's far from my first choice but I don't hate it. It will be a nice contrast to the blue water of the wave pool in front of it.

I love red, but I would have painted the supports that red and the track another color, maybe black!

All red is almost to much...

• Like 9

The red is VERY visible from the airport now. I noticed that in December when we were flying out there. It's far from my first choice but I don't hate it. It will be a nice contrast to the blue water of the wave pool in front of it.

I love red, but I would have painted the supports that red and the track another color, maybe black!

All red is almost to much...

I have to agree that two tone would have looked better but it is what it is...I am just hoping the new trains improve the ride experience.

Well, the consumer saga continues...but it benefited me. As I said earlier, I was going to wait until 2016 when TT is supposed to reopen. According to KK's website, the presesaon season pass sale is over, but you can still get season passes for $79.95 at Louisville area Kroger stores (Lexington area Kroger stores, too!) So when I went Krogering a little while ago, I looked for the passes near the gift care kiosk. None to be found. I went to customer service, he said, oh yeah, take this laminated sheet to the cashier. Instead of $79.95, the voucher rang up for $59.95. Now I have to go online to process my pass, so we will see. Louisville is just a little over an hour away, so I am sure I will use it some this season. Won't keep me from KI, but it will give me a chance to ride Thunder Run and try out the 2014 Lightning Run.

At the Kroger I work at there is a sticker on the main entrance for the KK seasons passes at 59.95 each

• Like 2

Wait...

Kentucky Kingdom season passes are available for $109.95 online or at the park, or $79.95 at area Kroger stores.

Yeah...let's confuse people with the pricing structure. I've heard of discounted tickets at retailers but not discounted passes. Does any other park do this?

• Like 3

Wait...

Kentucky Kingdom season passes are available for $109.95 online or at the park, or $79.95 at area Kroger stores.

Yeah...let's confuse people with the pricing structure. I've heard of discounted tickets at retailers but not discounted passes. Does any other park do this?

Add to that reports of passes marked down to $59.95 at Kroger..

• Like 1

I can't quite tell, but looking at their map, it appears that one of the new attractions will be reusing Superman's old pad. Presumably Flutterfly, as the others are all clearly accounted for.

For their sake, I REALLY hope the ride's structure doesn't appear too... tower-like...

• Like 6

Also, hate to double-post, but their new website is a hot mess. On a desktop it's clunky and its UI seems to be layered incorrectly, and on a mobile phone (or at least, my Android phone running Chrome) it isn't even functional, as I can't scroll past the part of the page advertising the new attractions. It makes me like Cedar Fair's mobile websites, and that's saying something. You've got roughly 50% of users on desktop platforms and 50% on mobile, and you've managed to make a poor experience for all of them.

And seriously, guys? Animated GIFs? Is this 1997?

The software developer in me is scratching his head and the QA tester in me is weeping...

• Like 15

^^ My first thought was that it looks like a very poor facsimile of the Holiday World website.

Looking at the code, whoever set up that site apparently didn't know that .less stylesheets are templates that are supposed to be compiled before being sent to a web browser. Probably contributing to the unusable layout. Entire chunks of CSS are missing.

• Like 5