Drop Tower most feared ride at Kings Island?

Coaster Addict

Drop Tower used to scare me when I was younger because I was afraid of getting stuck at the top. Nowadays, I love it (although lately, the drop has been catching me off-guard). :D I will say that Xtreme Skyflyer is the only ride at the park that still scares me a bit. Nonetheless, I still think it's a fun ride and I've ridden it the past two times I've come to the park.

Not saying this to shed light on the awful incident that happened, but who here thinks of the Kentucky Kingdom incident every time they reach the top of Drop Tower?

I can't keep myself from thinking about it, and it makes it all that much more terrifying.

• Like 2

Not saying this to shed light on the awful incident that happened, but who here thinks of the Kentucky Kingdom incident every time they reach the top of Drop Tower?

I can't keep myself from thinking about it, and it makes it all that much more terrifying.

I try not to think of the Kentucky Kingdom incident when riding a Drop Tower ride, but my mom always reminds me of it before I get on. My mom begged me not to ride Drop Tower, but I did anyway and loved it.

It's always in the back of my mind when I ride. That incident also kept me from riding Drop Tower for quite a while.

I may be weird but on just about every ride I go on at KI and other parks, there are always "what if" scenarios running through my head.

• Like 1

I can honestly say that about every other time I go to the park, I just skip it. And when I do ride it, I curse like a sailor the entire time.

Its just the height. Its just crippling. I'm normally not too afraid of heights, but for some reason, the simple fact that only a small clip below my waist is saving me from certain death is just terrifying.

NOTE: Yes. I know that the actual ride is probably much, much safer than what I imagine. Yet the thought is just part of the terror.

Honestly, Diamondback, WindSeeker, and Firehawk all scare me because of the restraints. I always imagine something unexpected happening and the restraints fail on me and I fall out and die. Lol

If I were to go by physical evidence I see, I tend to see more people backing away from going up the Eiffel Tower than people wavering from the queue of Drop Tower. Sure its probably a small group sample; just telling it how I see it.

Probably because many think the Eiffel Tower isn't worth while. (an observatory ride). If people are afraid of heights, they'll back away from both anyways. Some people that aren't afraid of heights might only be scared of DT because it's.. well.. dropping you.

And even if people enjoy the view, like me, they might not ride it EVERY time.

Unless you meant like.. people backing away out of fear.. then that's a weird thing to notice.

If I were to go by physical evidence I see, I tend to see more people backing away from going up the Eiffel Tower than people wavering from the queue of Drop Tower. Sure its probably a small group sample; just telling it how I see it.

Some people are also scared to death of elevators.

Speaking of which, have we heard anything recently about how that girl is doing without feet? I imagine living without feet would be very difficult.

As I recall, the park settled with the victim's family out of court for an undisclosed sum a couple of years back. To my knowledge, she has not been in the news as of late. Trying to live a normal life as best she can.

• Like 1

It's always in the back of my mind when I ride. That incident also kept me from riding Drop Tower for quite a while.

I may be weird but on just about every ride I go on at KI and other parks, there are always "what if" scenarios running through my head.

What if The Beast's wood collapses while riding?

What if this WindSeeker seat detaches itself and falls straight to the ground?

What if the restraints on Diamondback didn't go down all the way and I'm going to fall out in the middle of the ride?

Sorry.

What if The Beast's wood collapses while riding?

What if this WindSeeker seat detaches itself and falls straight to the ground?

What if the restraints on Diamondback didn't go down all the way and I'm going to fall out in the middle of the ride?

Sorry.

B&M's don't have ejector air, that is how they get away with their restraint system.

• Like 1

I believe I just saw a new footer out near the S.O.B. station from Drop Tower. If your in the park today check it out, I hope I'm not wrong.

Wrong thread perhaps?

As for me I've never rode it. I might though :-)

Yeah, wrong thread. I posted this fast while waiting in line for Invertigo, my bad... Carry on.