Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

The Trailer Tower may have been the Pinnacle of Rampant Speculation and off season craziness on this site. Also that was quite shocking it got pulled the way it did, who would have thunk. Yeah Terpy its been some good times together on these here interboards.

What exactly was Trailer Tower? (pics) What was it for, and why was it pulled away? What year was it? etc.

2 or 3 trailers of track going down 2-75 near Loveland! Headed To KI!!

Why is the track pinkish/purple in the POVs....

Its definitely maroon...imo

I better be able to see first-hand coaster track on the bed of a truck at least once in my life.

--

And it kinda sucks we won't be getting a purple/ pink coaster. :wacko:

Looks like we basically have another red one... from the PICTURES... it seems like we'll have a Superman-ee feel.. to the.. look. :P

The Trailer Tower was built on the Diamondback construction site during the off season and many KIC members took up residence during the off season. Unfortunately once the Tower became sponsored by a certain yellow Non Coke product carbonated beverage the Tower was torn down. I am not sure if there are any pictures of the Tower sitting on the construction site or not, but I can assure you it did exist and was a pinnacle in rampant speculation on KIC.

• Like 8

Yes I think the Tower made cameo during the rampant speculation thread this year.

Try the search feature in the Starting to Decode 2014 (Trailer Tower). It will give you a brief idea of the off season craziness that had previously taken place during a mustang of a ride.

• Like 1

I was there yesturday and there was little construction! All they had was where the supports were going with the footers! Also I saw a lot of cement trucks by the McDonalds right by ki! A lot of footer ready for cement I think

• Like 1

(DBInternational's photo)

9526970756_064ee5f3bd_z.jpg

I really like that new "Kings Island" wordmark style/font on the Plinko board. It reminds me of classic KI and PKI logos.

I'm wondering it's a new park logo or is just stylized for Banshee promotional material.

• Like 8

Let those supports be sun-washed for a summer or two... they'll be pink.

So blue supports will morph to pink by next season?

Let those supports be sun-washed for a summer or two... they'll be pink.

So blue supports will morph to pink by next season?

The blue supports look purple to some, the pink supports seem red:

we're looking at photographs, through monitors, each with our own color profiles. I'm on a Wacom Cintiq, with yet another color profile.

When they start putting the two different colored supports together, the nearness of the two colors next to each other will create the visual contrast needed to make it look more like the CGI representation.

What looks red on a truck will take on a more fuschia hue when placed against the sky.

• Like 2