New for 2014 at Holiday World...

I think it's a good fit; the park needs more high thrill attractions that aren't as "scary". Not every addition has to be spectacular.

That said, I can't imagine that this announcement is what management had in mind when releasing the "Dig" teaser to coaster enthusiasts last year.

• Like 1

Your beloved Dick Kinzel has a high school education.

Proof that eventually a ride op* will, in fact, know what ride is coming to the park next year. ;)

* (I can't remember what job Kinzel originally had at CP... It was ride operations, right? Or something? Hopefully I was somewhere close, or else the whole joke fails.)

So let me see if I've got this straight, YoungStud: you claim to know what the general public will want to do and imply that nobody on here can possibly know otherwise because the simple fact that we are on a coaster forum makes us all enthusiasts?

There's one major flaw in that line of thinking: YOU are ALSO on a coaster forum, therefore according to your own line of thinking you are also also an enthusiast and thus cannot know what the the general public is thinking.

Give me a break.

Do not try and understand Studs posts when he is in "stir the pot" mode. You'll just get a headache.

Oh, Stud, I am NOT an "Enthusiast" and this is not a "Coaster Forum" it is a Kings Island forum.

• Like 3

Your beloved Dick Kinzel has a high school education.

Proof that eventually a ride op* will, in fact, know what ride is coming to the park next year. ;)

* (I can't remember what job Kinzel originally had at CP... It was ride operations, right? Or something? Hopefully I was somewhere close, or else the whole joke fails.)

I think he sold Cotton Candy, and worked his way up in the culinary department.

• Like 2

So let me see if I've got this straight, YoungStud: you claim to know what the general public will want to do and imply that nobody on here can possibly know otherwise because the simple fact that we are on a coaster forum makes us all enthusiasts?

There's one major flaw in that line of thinking: YOU are ALSO on a coaster forum, therefore according to your own line of thinking you are also also an enthusiast and thus cannot know what the the general public is thinking.

Give me a break.

Do not try and understand Studs posts when he is in "stir the pot" mode. You'll just get a headache.

Oh, Stud, I am NOT an "Enthusiast" and this is not a "Coaster Forum" it is a Kings Island forum.

We have been having a good conversation about hw/kk. There is no reason for you to jump in accusing people of stirring the pot IMO.

There a number of things that doomed KK in the past and the bottom line is that many of those things haven't changed since the park closed. It still sits on leased land with significant height restrictions on much if the property. Offering season passes at anywhere near the prices that have been stated/hinted at by Mr. Hart will simply fill the park with teens and lower income families that don't have the buying power to keep the park afloat. Louisville is a lovely city but it simply does not have the necessary demographics to support the park long term.

• Like 4

I live 5 minutes from KK, and I drive 1 1/2 every weekenend to got to HW. I wouldn't t want to pay $10 parking + drinks. And if everyone else want to go to KK. then great! Less crowds for me.

$8 to park...$1 drinks...free inter tubes...free sunscreen

You keep saying this (and 59.99 season passes) as if it were a plus. A park has to cover costs and generate at least enough money to allow reinvestment.

This pricing scheme, IF it happens, had best only be introductory and very brief.

Otherwise, the park is doomed from the start. Doomed.

There are reasons other parks don't have such pricing structures. Ed Hart cannot repeal the rules of economics. If you don't cover your expenses and reinvest, you close. Ed knows this.

The park either won't have those prices, won't have them long, or won't last long. And it doesn't even control the parking prices.

I live 5 minutes from KK, and I drive 1 1/2 every weekenend to got to HW. I wouldn't t want to pay $10 parking + drinks. And if everyone else want to go to KK. then great! Less crowds for me.

You do realize you ARE paying for parking and drinks at HW, right? It's all in perception.

• Like 3

To me $40 is to much for 3 coasters(only voyage was exciting for me) and a water park. I don't drink pop as it is not healthy. 24.99 is a good value for the park IMO, $8 for parking, and a $5 drink special for guests, $2 sun screen(most people screen up in the parking lot IMO) there you are with $40 for entry.

You do realize you ARE paying for parking and drinks at HW, right? It's all in perception.

I wish more people would realize that

• Like 1

Atleast it aint $15 to park, $3+ for drinks, whatever sunscreen is and $30-$55 for admission which adds up to alot more than Holiday World prices. Value is perceived, amusement parks just try to get us to see it the way that they believe gets us through the door. $82 season passes for unlimited visits for one season (March-October) makes it cheaper to go to Carowinds than a local fair. The only must pay is gas and food (in or out of park).

With a fair, you have to pay admission. Lets say $7 per person and wristbands for unlimited rides $12 per person. Thats far more than Carowinds visit with gold passes. For a 90 minute drive, lets say $20 for gas and $20 for food in Carowinds. Thats only $40 compared to $100+ for a fair.