Project 2017?

Oldschool75

Putz's Creamy Whip opens TOMORROW!

That settles it...

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

You might as well swing by my place then! :);) I live about 10 minutes from their, I love Putzs!

Go to KI, it will be worth it and keep your 5 year Opening Day Streak going!

I however will hopefully be able to make it to KI soon, though I do not know if I have anyone for me to go to Opening Day with...

• Like 3

^ That folks is called a diversion. Take everything with a grain of salt and you'll be fine. Keep all possibilities open and remember what KI needs and what KI doesn't need!

BB1, trying not to be a Centurion of sense.

• Like 5

According to ScreamScape.com rumor has it that we will see a giga coaster next year and Canada's Wonderland will get a 2nd Generation B&M invert like Banshee. Along with our new giga we will get a new front entrance. It makes sense due to the other Cedar Fair parks getting giga's and new front entrances, but I thought Rob Decker said he didn't want a new front gate due to it taking away the magic of international street and the Eiffel Tower? I'm not sure he actually said that but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I thought it was the man Mr Decker reports to that said he didn't want to disrupt KI's front gate w/ a coaster.

however, with that said, and despite screamscape being what screamscape is and likely changing their "rumors" to match facts as they come about, a new front gate is needed at KI (at least in my opinion).  More electronic ticketing, make the up stairs restaurant more usable, a fresh look to the gate, etc... are all overdue, again, at least in my opinion.  They don't need a new coaster soaring over head, KI already kind of has one just to the left as you enter and the pass thru under the restaurant where the sounds of the fountain and the full sight of the tower all hit you at once makes for a grand entrance to what they hope will be the "best day of your summer"

• Like 3

Despite me doubting it. I wouldn't mind getting a giga and CW getting an invert :P

I'd prefer the giga not be in Rivertown though like some people think the next coaster will go.

Will KI get to be the second CF park to have a roller coaster with an elevator drop?

• Like 3

I take Screamscape as a rumor site....because that seems to be what they post to get visitors. I don't see KI getting a Giga/new entrance combo. 

I do see a Giga coming at some point...2017? I think it'd be a stretch....but maybe. 

2017 seems way to early, I think we would have already seen something if it was for 2017

• Like 4

I take Screamscape as a rumor site....because that seems to be what they post to get visitors. I don't see KI getting a Giga/new entrance combo. 

I do see a Giga coming at some point...2017? I think it'd be a stretch....but maybe. 

2017 seems way to early, I think we would have already seen something if it was for 2017

Yes and no.....we haven't truly been in the park yet.....so there could be signs of a coaster in the park that we won't see until we get there....or there may not be any signs of a coaster coming in 2017.

• Like 5

Sometimes in life, things happen to change your views.  This can be for the good, or for the bad,

I have said many times that KI needs a great wooden coaster, like Thunderhead or The Raven.  Nothing too big, but something twisty and thrilling.

While I still think that should happen, I am jumping on the gigacoaster wagon after riding Fury 325.  Everything about this coaster excites me...the sight, the sound (I have NEVER heard a coaster that sounds like--almost like a jet combined with a Flash Gordon sound), the fact that at night I had to close one eye or it would dry out, the sheer size.  If KI were to get something like this (But please, do not alter the entrance scale to the park) I would be very happy.

I have never written a trip report, but I am tempted to, as Carowinds is my first non KI CF park, and only my 4th as an adult.

• Like 12

As for the entrance rumor I believe Mr. Ouimet said that he thought that KI & KD had grandiose enough entrances already.

I think there is little to no chance that we get this giga coaster and it interacts with the entrance. Unless they plan on moving Invertigo and removing the amphitheater. That being said I think it is a little to early for that big of a coaster....but maybe management saw the success of Fury and got some extra funds.

I personally think 2017 will be a dark ride in the Crypt building. The work in Rivertown could very well be making the area look nice for its next attraction. But we can't forget the land behind Banshee that was cleared for the first time........ 10 years ago. I'm not saying that area isn't going to be were a coaster goes but it being cleared really isn't anything different.

• Like 8

I agree about a giga likely not, and not needing to, interact with the front gate. There is a lot of stuff that's kind of in the way of it. It would be possible but would taek a lot of work and not really needed. The entrance could be spruced up but the overall design is good as is and wouldn't want it to change too much. Think something over behind Banshee would be the best spot for it.

Think Rivertown would be a poor location as it would be right next to Diamond back and just have the skyline really dominated by that one section versus spreading out the sightlines. And would rather leave space in Rivertown open for a good wooden coaster, or at least and RMC-style hybrid.

Would love to see a dark ride or new flat added to teh Crypt building though as well. Think it's just aching for something themed to a mine with the setup it has and being right in the middle of an old western village.

• Like 7